24 Hours of Ellisbury 1984 [homologation in progress]

You can now directly export engines from the Engine Designer, so this step is not required anymore.

you can, but importing them doesnā€™t seem to work consistently, the one time I tried it took like 5 quit+restarts for it to show up in Auto (and even then idk what happened to make it work)

Is this on each axle or combined front/rear (i.e. under 3000cc can have 155mm fronts and 175mm rears)?

Iā€™ll heed everyones words by saying a more standard/both units of measurement would be very appreciated
And now a few questions
For GTP engines, do we submit the engine weā€™re actually using for the car so it can be homologated, or does this not matter because thereā€™s no production versions anyway?

For GTP tyre choice can we choose race tyres?

Tyre widths I assume are per axle? If not then thatā€™s a little scary.

Tire widths are per axle
All cars must use radial race medium tires
The engine youā€™re submitting for homologation must be in street trim if itā€™s a type 1 or 3 engine, type 2 or 4 engines donā€™t have to be. In both cases any of the permitted modifications can be made to the engine after homologation, while designing the car.

Hypothetically
if i entered this, what class would fit it best, if any at all?

4 Likes

if it werenā€™t for the engine moved to the back I would say GTX but because of that I think it would have to be entered in GTP

Last I checked, the forum doesnā€™t accept .engine files.

what does single ignition mean in the engine rules?

does this mean the actual diameter of the whole wheel or only the rim like is said in the GMSA code?

that is straight from the IMSA code, I believe it refers to single spark plug per cylinder and is thus not relevant to Automation (someone correct me if Iā€™m wrong)

Wheel diameter refers to rims only, as in the code

Can the same production car be used as the second entry for a different class? (Iā€™m thinking of doing GTU and GTX) Or would they have to be different production models?

yes, the same production car can be used to homologate two race cars in different classes. Also allowed: making a race car based off someone elseā€™s production car (with their permission).

2 Likes

I will probably include this in the OP at some point as well, but basically the two phases both have open entry; someone does not have to have submitted in phase 1 in order to enter phase 2, and should, in theory, have a pool of already-homologated cars and engines to choose from. I also recognize that people may not want to share so offering your work to other teams will be opt-in. At the end of Phase 1 I will make a big homologation post which will include links to .car files for ā€œprivateersā€ to use in Phase 2. I also havenā€™t fully figured out the scoring system yet but there will be a points benefit for other teams doing well while using your car or engine.

2 Likes

Should there be a hard cap for the race modifications? In terms of ET, PU or estimated cost. Unless Iā€™m missing something the only limitation when doing the modifications is the AMU$ for the amount of race cars you can enter. But if I were to aim for a single car at >AMU$100K, thereā€™s no difference between AMU$101K and Q spamming everything to +15 right?

Also probably overthinking it but should the exhaust system Q slider be kept the same for the race engine as its for the production? For RP Iā€™d assume upping the Quality could mean changing the headers for a slightly different design or materials.

betterdeals has something horrible waiting

Rookie numbers

1 Like

Gimme a Dodge SRT4 and a welder for the wastegate and watch piston 2 achieve more speed than anything with this engine ever will.

1 Like

Since then ive gotten about 120 extra horsepower out so

Iā€™m thinking a hard budget cap of 150k and possibly PU and ET caps as well

2 Likes