24h - La Marche 1960 [Results]

It is a GT carring an 2.5L inline 6, and mine is geting around ~290 laps without the beautifull bonus, i probaly can get to the ~295 lap count from it, but i don’t know the way to go about it, the engeniring in the engine, and production in the body are in the limit

Based on my own entry in the 2 Liter GT class, you’re in the right ballpark, but you could probably get a few more laps out of it.

Meanwhile I’m thinking of switching from 4 valve to 2 valve for realism purposes and hoping I can get similar performance if I take advantage of the extra engineering room.

2 Likes

good to know. thanks mate.

I don’t know much about race cars so all I’m doing is adding everything that makes car go faster haha

I used an patch circle and paited it white, then added the black numbers, it worked well for me.

This is getting nitpicky i guess, but as you protested the red numbers: would you tolerate white numbers on a black circle? It’s what’s listed (as one of two options) for Japan on Wikipedia and not over the top. It looks a little more “complete” and is more legible than simply putting black numbers on a white car without a circle … although that has also been done a lot on white cars, sure.

Brine Mako GT Sportin Dalluha Red with black rims

6 Likes

For anyone looking for more inspiration, there are a bunch of quality images (albeit black and white) of the 1960 race here:

5 Likes

The Rondini Tipo 13A, my 1300cc sports car looking to be an interesting competitor :wink: .

It's still a WIP and i'm more of a engineer than a designer, so i accept any commentary or tips on the design front.
9 Likes

1960 Lesovo SLM

From Archana with hope of a good result, this is Lesovo’s entry in the 2 litre sports/prototype class.

Gallery

Stats

27 Likes

Is the tech pool different from the quality sliders?
should I keep them at 0 for everything? (besides tyres for Sports Cars.)

@Melkpakkie The answer you’re looking for is here:

Yes, it’s different. The tech Pool is accessed by clicking the number below the Quality slider. I was struggling to understand it too because it was new to me :sweat_smile:

Thanks Martin, much appreciated.

Thanks MR_rondini :smiley:

1 Like

Legend, thank you.

I think in Le Mans they only used black on white, so no black circles please.

2 Likes

Perhaps a thin black outline around the circle, as shown here? (Only the front and rear of this corvette have the outline—not the side, perhaps because of the overlap with the stripes?)

1 Like
ALCETTI V.D.E.A
Alcetti was an Ospian coachmaker prior to the New Harvest War, who took Brache's trucks and made a variety of sedans, wagons, and other passenger vehicles. They were absorbed by Brache during the war and, after it, remained a research and development-oriented subsidiary in Verdatenland. They focused heavily on aluminum - a metal that was readily available on Eucura - and as long as they provided their results to their parent company, there were no real rules on how they acquired it. Most of it ended up originating in motorsports.

The VDEA project was a step towards a vehicle constructed 100% of aluminum, from the core to the body, and two prototypes were prepared for the 1960 Le Marche international endurance race. The pit crew quickly came to refer to each car as “the tin wonder” due to its extra-light aluminum panels, corrugated for strength, closely resembling (and even made using the same tools as) cheap roofing material, and generally rattling in much the same way. Much more sophisticated was the all-aluminum powerplant, a straight-4 located in the rear of the vehicle, resulting in an unusual control layout where many important functions took place next to and behind the driver instead of being centralized around the steering wheel. With extremely limited access to the cramped engine-cooling-fuel bay at the rear, there were endless complaints over the difficulties of replacing parts during hard runs. This was exacerbated shortly before the official race where the crew were forced to switch the body onto the second chassis following a failure of the high-pressure radiator, spewing caustic coolant steam into the air manifold, which was subsequently reinforced with additional plastic sheets to prevent the problem later. Changing cars was faster than replacing the damaged ducting inside.

The team recruited with budding racing celebrity Marizia Pantoja who, as a teenager, became a truck driver to support the war effort like many other Ospian women, and leveraged her driving skills to enter the motorsports scene during peacetime. The VDEA was originally unpainted with a simple Verdatenland-based scheme to meet regulations at the last minute, until Marizia insisted on using the colors of her homeland, settling on a striking pattern of yellow and turquoise. An unnamed backup driver was registered, believed to be one of the engineers who was a test driver before Marizia began working more closely with the project, but never got behind the wheel during the race proper.

22 Likes

My W.I.P The Little Tulip.
with a 3.0L V8 pushing 250kw to the rear wheels.

Not sure wether to stick with the front engine design or the mid engined one since it shaves an extra 10ish seconds off my time.

5 Likes