2AR-FE Recreation

scion.com/cars/tC2015/specs/
rav4world.com/forums/96-4-3- … ating.html

As quoted from the link above, target is:
Regular unleaded (91 RON)
179 HP @6000 RPM
233 Nm @4100 RPM

This is the best that I can get at the moment

I got the peak HP occuring at the right RPM but short on 1 HP. Torque comes 1000 RPM too early and short of 4 Nm. Octane exceeds 91 :blush: and I used VVL (I am not sure if 2AR-FE uses VVL, but I do know it uses Dual VVT).

No VVL.

Toyota VVL engines are branded VVTL-i or Valvematic.

[quote=“Sayonara”]No VVL.

Toyota VVL engines are branded VVTL-i or Valvematic.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I remade it without VVL, upped the cam profile (can’t believe a Camry has cam profile this high), gave it more fuel (14.2:1), used a tubular header, use smaller exhaust diameter (1 step before optimal diameter) and played around with the ignition timing.

Those were never the most economical engine, might be able to do 14:1 or 14:0 and back the cam off slightly. Also it’s Toyota so make sure you have a few quality points in heads and fuel

I used +6 bottom parts, +5 head parts, +3 fuel system, +4 exhaust.

I wonder why automakers are using high compression with mild ignition timing. Personally, I got better result both in economy, responsiveness and power figure with low compression but aggressive timing. It is also easier to make it run on regular leaded using low compression with aggressive timing. I’m not sure about real life figures, but in automation that’s the case.

Dealing with timing is tricky in real life.
innovatemotorsports.com/resources/myths.php

In general upping compression is far easier to do especially with modern computer controlled timing and variable valve timing. The ignition timing in game is a basic representation of the process the slider just means how aggressive you want the timing to be.

hi friend.
do you have a cam profile data for the 2AR-FE engine?