A car for the elders, and the youngsters [DONE]

The year is 2023. Our buyer is Jane Holden Parker, a retired 75-year-old woman living in Dothan, Alabama. She is the grandmother of four children. Her Buick LaCrosse has bit the bullet prematurely and needs to be replaced. Since she bought that car in 2017 she got two more grandkids, and it was annoying having to take multiple cars. She is looking for an SUV, Minivan, or wagon with 6 seats or more (With at least 4 being in the back) so she can carry those grandchildren and her husband, too.

PRIORITIES

:star::star::star:

REALISM
For starters, it has to be road legal. So wipers, lights (3rd brake light, markers), etc. If it’s a Traverse competitor make it look like one. Give it some chrome, some plastic. if your entry has a 2 liter inline 4 and a hand made interior my eyebrow will rise.

COMFORT
She’s 75 so she needs a comfortable car, and can’t drive around in something that will break her back.

SAFETY
She is very concerned about safety, as she often has toddlers in the back.

PRACTICALITY
This is a daily driver that goes on shopping trips, so they need to be able to pack a decent amount of luggage.

:star::star:

RELIABILITY
She babysits a lot so not breaking down in the middle of the road would be helpful.

DRIVABILITY
She is growing old, so she will need something decently easy to drive, a manual is out of the question.

:star:

PRESTIGE
Her neighbors would make fun of her if she had a car that’s too ugly.

SPORT
It doesn’t need to be sporty but it can’t take 25s to get to 60mph.

NON-PRIORITIES

OFFROAD
She never needs to go offroad with it.

RULES

Model and Trim

IMPORTANT - You are making a 2023 car (design and engineering-wise) but because Automation set your years to 2020.
Years: Model Years - 2013 - 2020 ; Trim Year - 2020. (She will accept a rather proven car, but anything too old-fashioned will turn her off.)
Body: SUV, MPV, Estate.
Interior: 6 full size seats minimum, with at least 4 in the back.
Gearbox: Advanced automatic or DCT
Drivetrain: Any you see fit, she doesn’t live in a very snowy area anyways.
Techpool: Keep it default (5 in all categories).
Maximum Price: 32,000$, although she would pick the cheaper option if she feels it’s a better deal
Interior: Will not be judged, however feel free to make one.
Safety: at least basic 10’s safety required
Aids: ESC required.

Engine

Years: Family Year - to 2020; Variant Year - 2020.
Loudness: 42 or less.
Techpool: Keep it default (5 on all categories)
Fuel: 91 RON only
Cat: two ways not allowed.
For everything else use common sense aka don’t min max.

Inspirations

2023 Chevrolet Traverse

2023 Honda Odyssey

2023 Toyota Sequoia

• Submissions open on 2023-07-17T13:00:00Z
  • Submissions close on 2023-07-26T13:00:00Z
  • The naming is free.
  • HOW TO SUBMIT?
    You can submit your entry file from July 17th to July 26th via DMs on forums. Additionally, you need to make an ad for your entry, otherwise it will not be considered. Resubmission will be allowed before the submissions close.

This is not final, rules may change before July 16th 10:00PM EST

Edit: Added advanced auto, 3 way cat, full seat requirement
Edit 2: added safety requirements

5 Likes

This is actually quite reminiscent of QFC21, which I hosted, but with SUVs and station wagons being eligible along with minivans.

Also, for period correctness, if an actual automatic transmission is being used, it must be of the advanced, electronically controlled variety. And given the era of the setting, a 3-way catalytic converter of some sort must be mandatory. Finally, I’m assuming all seats (of which there must be at least six) must be full-sized.

1 Like

done.

ACR Vea Fenis LX V6

Do you hate driving? Do you only care for your own safety? Do you think that giving your kids a bike will get them killed?

Introducing the ACR Vea Fenis. Named after a moon which doesn’t exist, it perfectly exemplifies the sorry state of the automotive industry. Weighing about a ton more than it should weigh, the Vea Fenis propels you and your band wagon of kids right to the school’s doorstep, through a woefully underpowered V6 producing 200 horsepower, transmitted through an eight-speed automatic gearbox.

8 Likes

I’m gonna do what’s called a Pro Gamer move.

Swanson 217 TAP Multivan