A few questions

Hi, I’ve been following your game for the past week now, been enjoying the demo and have a few questions to ask.

1. Will the new update be backwards compatible with old engines?

2. By your best estimates, will multiplayer have AI players in the background compared to the human controlled, co-op player companies? If so, will it be optional?

3. Related to the above question, if AI companies are allowed in MP, will you be allowed one human controlled company ran by co-op players and no other human companies, just AI?

4. Will you be able to divide your company into brands, like Toyota and Lexus, or even GM and Holden, Open, Chevrolet, Dodge etc? If so, how will it track the Prestige and Fame of your brands?

5. More of a personal but non-invasive question. Are you glad that you’ve got plenty of pre-orders for a good game, have a large community and are finally filling a huge void in a large(ish) niche? Because I’m happy for you! :smiley:

EDIT: 6. Will you be able to buyout other companies, if so, will it be via the stock market, or via a straight out offer? Also, will companies come to you for you to buy them?

1. It won’t. New engines are saved in .lua, as opposed to current .xml.
  2. AFAIK, there will be AI players. Not sure if it’s optional though.
  3. Should be possible
  4. Yes, you will be able to do that. Prestige and Reputation will be tracked separately, IIRC
  5. I’d be happier if they had even more preorders to be able to pay the betatesters :stuck_out_tongue:. But I’m happy for them anyway.

[quote=“Kubboz”]1. It won’t. New engines are saved in .lua, as opposed to current .xml.
2. AFAIK, there will be AI players. Not sure if it’s optional though.
3. Should be possible
4. Yes, you will be able to do that. Prestige and Reputation will be tracked separately, IIRC
5. I’d be happier if they had even more preorders to be able to pay the betatesters :stuck_out_tongue:. But I’m happy for them anyway.[/quote]

1. Damn, but I understand that lua is much better.
  2. Excellent.
  3. Excellent.
  4. Eccellent.
  5. Yeah, more preorders is always good! :stuck_out_tongue: