[AC3] Automation Community Car-nage Challenge (FINALS)

So, something like this 1985 Franklin Marshall Cerberus…repurposed for the battle field?

Repurposed

2 Likes

Can you add extra wheels to the existing car when you make the modified version?

yup, now put a chaingun on it and you’re good to go

yes, that’s acceptable

All ready there, my friend! :sunglasses:

CG1

2 Likes

A good old 1993 Sinistra Traville GS-HO in Dark Royalty Blue…

…Rebuilt for war with heavy armor, a remote-controlled chaingun turret, and quad shotguns on the hood… Among a few other modifications.

(The color might change later on, but I’m not sure. I’m tempted to just spray it with Midnight Moonlight and go for a very-dark-blue.)

4 Likes

This look good?

5 Likes

Well, as is my usual, I’m also experimenting with an alternative idea for this one… A crossover with an attitude problem.

Taking one 2005 Rowlari Trailhunter TrailSport Tru4 crossover in Durt Metallic…

…and making a couple of changes. (this one’s still a big-time work in progress, but I’m still leaning toward the Traville, so this one might not be my car.)

Obviously, it still needs more armor, but the idea is still there. The concept can be seen, at least. The sledgehammer compared to the Traville’s multi-tool.

3 Likes

As the day of Carnage draws near, I’d like to clarify the submission rules. Please alert me if any part is confusing or poorly-worded, and abide by them or your car will unfortunately be instabinned.

• Send me a zipped folder via dm’s including the .car file for your weaponized battle rig, and a .txt file containing the backstory for your character, if applicable.
  • If your rig is based off an existing Automation project please send the originating .car file as well.
  • Ensure that your car follows the naming regiment as required in the parent post.
  • You are only allowed to submit up to ONE battle rig and ONE originating .car file. Again, if this is well-received I can pass the host duties to the victor of the round and we can start anew with different criteria.
  • I will be accepting entries between April 30th and May 14th, 12:00 AM CST.
3 Likes

Well, I’ve made my decision on which of the two battle cars I’m going with, and got the character mostly figured out, including a unique bit of sci-fi lore for him. Let’s just say that, while his hair is colorful, it isn’t dyed, and there’s a reason his nickname is the “Son of Medusa.” If I’m going to go with a human character, they’re damn well going to be interesting.

Very much excited for this event, though.

1 Like

Am I right that partial alu bodies aren’t allowed?

yes

ENTRIES ARE OPEN

(and rules are locked as of three hours ago, whoops. lore post within a few days!)

4 Likes

This carnage is being presented by 70mm Autocanon

Team “Flight of the Valkyries” consides of two Air Force veterans looking for some fun after their service.
Throwing money together for a Cobra Rattlesnake, and with the help of a basement full of decomissioned weapons, the two ex-army men fitted this their ride with two 70mm AP Autocannons and 7 AT rockets.

The body has been reinforced, and the front features a bullbar rated for trains. For defense the car was fitted with a 400kg Tombstone.

These guns are high risk, high reward. The Autocannon might not be the quickst weapon on the field, but being hit by one of these will give you more than shellshock

9 Likes

Nathan Michaelson had a plan for competing. By converting the cockroaches of the car world, the crossovers, into vehicles of war, it would show that he was capable of doing more than just being a bit of an oddity.

He started with his 2005 Rowlari Trailhunter, in Trailsport Tru4 trim, a 4x4-equipped “options package” for the Trailhunter including a powerful V10.

For protection, he added large steel frames around the wheels, protecting against impacts, as well as “The ExoFrame,” a heavy chassis armor made of layered steel plates with kevlar insulation in between, designed to slow, if not outright stop, most common rifle calibers. The windows were armored up, the front and rear ram scoops were installed, and then the weapons were poured in.

Most obvious is the 20mm autocannon turret on the roof, with paired 5.56mm chaingun, capable of swiveling and firing on vehicles sitting to either side of Nathan. This remote-operated turret is, however, not the vehicle’s primary offensive weapon.

Under the hood, four 5.56mm chainguns sit just above the mighty V10, loaded with multi-purpose belts full of armor-piercing, incendiary, explosive, and tracer rounds in varying proportions.

For defense from vehicles behind him, there are dual .50 caliber machine guns, as well as two heavy steel tombstones, one behind the rear window, one before the rear seats, as well as the rear bash-plow to keep other vehicles from just rolling him over.

This, all added together, makes for a crossover that is just as deadly as the coral snakes Nathan has for hair and his beard.

2 Likes

The Storyteller sat motionless at his post, hands to his chin. He contemplated his actions for the first time in what felt like forever. The words he spoke had hung heavy in the air but a moment ago, and now his studio was eerily silent. The limp bodies behind him were long cold, and yet he still felt their presence burning at the back of his head. The LED of the camera had long extinguished, and yet the blood-red diode still burned in his mind like a bullet wound. How long, he wondered, had he been toiling? Decades? Centuries? How long had he been tugging the strings of humanity, twisting and turning the right people into the right places at the right time? How long had he remained an unrecognizable but everlasting smudge on the books of modern history 'til now? How long ago, how ever so long ago, had he made his vow? The thoughts were at full cascade, and he was standing in a waterfall of clutter before letting things go silent. None of this mattered, he finalized. He had other, more pressing concerns on his mind.

He made his way to the control room, with assistants toiling away at computers, displaying the immediate results of the chaos he had sowed. It made an immediate impact on society, as was hoped. The chatter of worldwide police, fire and EMT scanners growing more cacophonic and frenzied, the trackers for the world’s militarized combat vehicles dissappearing as they were destroyed by each other. He grinned. No single group would be able to strike his before being consumed by another force. He looked and nodded at the lead assistant, who retuned the gesture, and left the room. The concrete and marble halls echoed his footsteps as he walked alone to his head office. He swung open the impressively heavy, armored door and let it close behind him with a satisfying ‘ka-chunk’. He took in the sight; his desk and floor, adorned with documents of people-of-interest and various techincal specs. Classified government documents, harvested after the world leaders had been exterminated. Televisions adorning the walls, filling the room with the garbled dinn of worldwide news outlets, all screaming in agony. And a very peculiar device, of exposed wires and crystalline insertions, devised to ‘tap-in’ to the most chaotic of souls on earth. And it was beeping with rigorous activity. How long had it been, he continued to ponder, since he made his vow to humanity? How long since he had promised to undo the shackles of control and hate? He sighed, and smiled, focusing on the peculiar device. It was the catalyst for this entire series of events, and he couldn’t be any happier of the outcome so far.

“They will come,” he thought. “We must be patient, but they will come.”

3 Likes

That morning, Ami Benett pulled her tired, old 1960 CESMA Colombe, lovingly known as Poppy, into the employee lot of the Valius Art Gallery. As she shut off the ignition, the motor pinged and gave a few coughing rumbles before going quiet. Ami sighed, knowing that the poor old thing wasn’t much long for this world. But, it was something she simply couldn’t let go of. Her grandfather had brought it over from France when he immigrated here all those years ago. She had inherited it and it was like part of her family. She shook her head to clear her mind of those thoughts, checked her makeup in the mirror, and hurried inside to start her workday.
“Good morning Mr. Harris, I hope you’ve had a lovely morning,” she asked her boss. The old man looked at his watch in an over dramatic manner and replied, “You’re late. You were supposed to be here half an hour ago to make sure the Ramius expedition is good to go for it’s opening day. He’s due to arrive any minute!” “Oh, I’m deeply sorry sir, I’ll see to it right away.” “Don’t bother, it’s already been done. I’ll leave it up to you to see to Mr. Ramius. On the trot now!”
Ami was waiting outside when a fairly new Cepheus Sceptre sports car zoomed into the lot. A well tailored man with an exuberant hairdo stepped out and came to me her. “Mr Ramius, I’m Ami Benett, a curator here. I am to show you around. If you would come with me, please.” He would give her a pious snarl and say, “The name is Ramius. Just Ramius. There is no mister. And I fail to see why I would need the likes of you to show me around my own exhibit.” He stormed past, sweeping her up in his wake. “At any rate, sir, I’ve been asked to assist you today. It’s a pleasure to meet you, I’m a big fan of your work.” Ami hoped this would smooth things out, but the man didn’t seem interested. A bit faltered, she continued on. “I’m a bit of an artist myself. I make sculptures out of metal and recycled bits and bobbles I find…” She was cut off as Ramius came to a sudden stop and turned to her. “An artist? Do you think I care, that possibly you and I are cut from the same mold? I am a creator of masterpieces, not someone who deals with garbage such as yourself. Leave me be, you foul urchin. I don’t need your assistance. No one here needs you at all! You aren’t even worthy of breathing the same air as I. Be gone!”
At this outburst, Ami quietly excused herself and went to her car. The tears began to fall as soon as she closed Poppy’s door. “He’s right, what am I doing here? I don’t belong,” she said to herself between sobs as she reached for the ignition. The CESMA wheezed into life and she drove off for home. She didn’t make it. Several blocks from home, the Colombe’s engine began to knock and smoke, before dying a oily death. “No, no,no! Not you too Poppy! Not now!” She draped her head over the wheel cried out in despair.

Later that day, it happened. the man on the television who called himself the Storyteller. His words seemed to awaken something dormant inside Ami. Yes, this is her calling, her destiny. To make an unstoppable machine. She drifts over to the kitchen, pulling out a rather large butcher knife, fingering the blade. A most cunning idea comes to her with an evil smile. She leaves her home, heading to the art gallery. Ramius would surely still be there. She runs her hand along his Cepheus before going inside. She exits with a set of keys and a blouse darkening with blood. A wicked smile crawls upon her face as she twists the Sceptre’s twin turbo V8 to life. After a quick detour to visit a nearby army base, she pulls the Sceptre into her studio. “Hello Poppy,” she says to her old CESMA, “Say hello to your new life. It’s time we make you…worthy.”

Two weeks later, the “Little Death” rumbles out into the street. The Secptre’s 455hp 4.0L twin turbo V8 and six speed manual now live under the Colombe’s bonnet. It’s also been converted to rear wheel drive as well. Ami’s “new” ride is now capable of doing 175mph.

Twin 12 gauge shotguns have been mounted up front and rapid fire machine guns to the flanks. Steel plate now reinforces the car’s body for extra protection. Steel spikes, sharpened to a point, festooned the car, proving deadly to any pedestrian foolish enough to cross it’s path.

Of course, there’s the piece de resistance, an autonomous, roof mounted flamethrower, capable of swiveling in a 360 degree arch. this Little Death is a forced to be reckoned with.

10 Likes

Which category are guns in?

Edit: I found out now. I ran automation with no launcher.

I decided to deck out an 1990s Japanese Mid-engine Car, AWD conversion from another car, LS’nt swap to run over the zombies quicker with torque. With 5 guns at front, spikes at rear also with 4 miniguns at the back along with a shredder to do aggravated assualt on zombies with. Or maybe make a car rollover with the shredder. The power of the shredder is intense. You get to see the guts spew out when you run them over. Along with making it rear longitudional to fit this massive 5.7L V8. Not too over-engineered, Simple design

1 Like

I understand it may be too late to change rules, but could this rule just be abolished? Because there were a bunch of mods by certain author that got removed from the Workshop but are still available to certain players that downloaded the them before and as such it would suck if an entry was accidentally deemed incompatible because of aforementioned issues.

I joined the game very recently so I’m pretty sure even I don’t have a copy of those mods. If you can include them in your submission then yes, otherwise if I get errors when opening it due to mod incompatability they will unfortunately have to be binned.

2 Likes