[ACCEPTING ENTRIES UNTIL 10TH SEPTEMBER] GTP Engine Series [ONLY STEAM]

The competition is to find the best engine builder, basic to understand.

The base body car (untouchable) it is the MRP CTH-16R, pride-built by MRP (Montes Racing Performance), and it features a full-carbon body, with headlights and taillights to provide good visibility under the endurance races and overcast races, with a LMP1-styled body.

You need to built your engine to power this car, according with this rules:

Here is the rules:

The required base car is this: el chasco - MRP CTH-16R.zip (101.1 KB)

And is required the 90% of steam mods. Is better to download all workshop fixtures (except logos), and my LMP1 body (NO THE SMALL LMP1).

Ok. Here the rulelist:

BODY, FRAME & TRIM:

• You CAN’T touch any fixture, year, quality slider, or setting of the car, except the posted in the next points:
    1. gear ratio (top speed and spacing)
    1. camber, spring stiffness, damper stiffness, sway bar stiffness and ride height.
    1. downforce value and wing degrees, and engine cooling values (NO CHANGE BRAKE VALUES).

ENGINE:

• The tech year for the engine is 2020.
  • All layouts allowed.
  • BYPASS VALVES FORBIDDEN.
  • The engine maximum cost will be $14.000, and 900 man hours. Free quality sliders.
  • Turbo engines max capacity: 3.0L with 2.00 bar wastegate (this value is the max.). NA: 5.5L.
  • Min. engine reliability: 40.
  • Min. engine efficiency (value, not %): 580g/kWh.
  • 100 octane RON fuel MANDATORY.
  • Race intake allowed, but no mandatory.
  • Engine general rules: no catalytic converters, and no mufflers.
  • About the engine changes: you can modify the engine in each race, BUT YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE NEXT SETTINGS ONCE YOU SUBMITTED YOUR CAR WITH YOUR ENGINE:
    -ALL FIRST ENGINE TAB.
    -VARIANT CAPACITY.
    -SECOND TAB QUALITY SLIDERS.
  • Note: if, when you go to the engine tab, and click make new engine, and you set the engine year to 2020, and the trim year changes to 2020, put (in this order): 2016 trim year, go to engine tab and click new engine (NO CHANGE YEAR NOW), make the engine normally, and, when you can put the engine version name, change to 2020 the engine year.

*Note 2: Don’t change the car model name.

ABOUT QUALITY SLIDERS: YOU can only MODIFY THE ENGINE SLIDERS.

Note: the engine that comes with the body is only to put the trim values. Ignore them.

RACE RULES:

• All the cars it will start with 200L of fuel.
  • The races it will be 6hr races.
  • Refuelling allowed (10L/s fuel rate), and tyre change (+5s), but it couldn’t be done simultaneaously, like Le Mans.

Track list:

1. Watkins Glen
  1. Under decission (if the competition it receives a number of submissions, I will continue).

Entries (2/10):

1. VMO.
  1. HighOctaneLove
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item
  1. List item

DEADLINE & SUBMISSIONS:

The deadline finishes the 10th September of 2016.

Before submit the car, in the trim tab, appears [brand] [model]. Put your brand only. For example. If is Montes, put Montes.

Here an picture (a picture is better than thousand words):

And, for the engine, in the family tab, put your brand and engine internal code (if you would), and in the variant, put the engine version (put v1. If you make before the next (the first race it doesn’t count obviously) a engine revision, put v2… Logical).

5 Likes

Wait, and what happened to your DTM competition? (and how can we be sure that won’t happen to this?)
Also, how the scoring/racing formulae is going to work?

2 Likes

I have already put a like up there but let me just be super obvious… ^^^^^^^That!

1 Like

It was cancelled due that some bodies and fixtures dissapeared from workshop (and obviously the cars doesnt load), and other pink bodies.

The scoring… True. I forget to put. I’m thinking to make 3 scoring systems depending the number of entries: points to the first 6, 8 or 10 cars

No economy requirements? And 4 engine reliability is awfully low.

2 Likes

Minimum reliability should be 40, not 4.0, otherwise the entries would self-destruct :slight_smile:

Ok. 40 could be great to make the most balanced performance/reliability engine.

And, about the economy, please, suggest a minimum engine efficiency (a 580g/kWh could be?)

2 Likes

Changelog: I edited the efficiency and reliability values, and added the required fuel.

Any more suggestions?

Ok. I have the unique chassis for the competition ready. Coming soon photos.

Is there any interest in this at all? I don’t see a lot of activity here…

IDK.

But I expect that the activity increases

1 Like

Car pics:

2 Likes

Looks interesting … may give it a shot …
When do we start?

I’m finding a track for the first race.

Once the first race has been finished, I will decide to continue or no (depending the amount of entries).

The submission place is open!

If I update Watkins Glen, I will get back to you ASAP!

Ok. Thanks!

Will you score based only on (flying) lap times or is there some sort of racing mechanics going on?

Oh sorry! I forget the race rules!