Adonijin Motors

~ Aleumdawo salang seule owo ~

Adonijin is a collaboration company between myself and @Obelisk, they are a brand that focus mainly on sports cars, off-roaders, hypercars, and motorsports. The engineering half is done by Obelisk, design is done by me, and we will both develop the lore together.

History:

Adonijin are a South Korean brand, founded by a Korean engineer and British designer in 1960. They were founded to compete with the dominant Japanese brands and entered the market in 1964. Adonijin specializes in low-volume cars of varying types.

Lineup

Adonijin Injection Sports Series

800I ['64 - '71]
1400I ['76 - '81]

Adonijin Dallang

Adventure ['70 - '78]

4 Likes

Adonijin 800I

The Adonijin 800I, a mid-engined sports coupe first released in 1964, was an instant hit for its unique design and massive power hike over its competitors in the 800cc market - boasting a whopping 100 HP while its closest competitor made about 70. It was originally intended to have a 1 litre engine, but the decision was made to downscale to 800cc to increase the redline, shave weight and bolster reliability. The original 1L engine prototype was prone to mechanical failure, but the 800cc engine was as reliable as a Toyota.

The biggest trouble the developers had when developing the car had to do with the front fascia - as distinct as they are, they proved problematic. An early prototype of the headlights produced some sort of anomaly that the engineers refused to discuss in post-launch interviews - although the rumour mill says it had something to do with one of the wheel arches attempting its best imitation of gelatin while the vehicle was stationary. Later revisions of the headlight design resolved this issue, and the car was swiftly pushed to production. The 800I would remain in production until 1971 with little change.

Specification:
Adonijin 800I - ANJ 800 - I4NA ‘64
Chassis, Drivetrain & Weight: Mid longitudinal RWD Steel Monocoque with Aluminium panels - 816kg (44F/56R)
Gearbox & Suspension: 4 Gear Manual & Double Wishbone F&R Standard suspension with Twin-Tube dampers & Passive sway bars
Engine: 100.5 @ 7200RPM - 7,600RPM redline - Full Aluminium 800cc/0.8L DOHC16 N/A I4 - 10.4:1 Compression - 15.8mpg (22.2mpg average)
Wheels: Magnesium 15 inch Sports rims on radial medium compound tyres (P150/90R15 92S F & P195/70R15 98S R)
Brakes: 230mm Solid Disc 1 Piston calipers front & 230mm Solid Disc 1 Piston calipers rear
Misc: Open Differential - No Power Steering - Advanced 60s Safety
Exterior layout & Interior: 2 door standard door liftback coupe - Sport 2 seater & Standard AM Radio
Design: Elegant sporty styling - 1 exhaust tip (2.0’ pipe directed to tip) - Front and rear indicators - Rear reverse light
Markets & Value: Sport/Sport B./Conv. Sport B./Muscle - For sale at 2,804.24KRW (22,800 in game)

Car file for BeamNG: Adonijin 800I

17 Likes

I’m looking forward to what this collaboration produces. The name is kinda… hmmm… idk, interesting lol

But, the first car is quite a marvel. Good work, guys!

2 Likes

A lightweight mid-engined sports car with modest power? Sounds like fun to me!

2 Likes

Adonijin Dallang Adventure

In 1968, Adonijin announced it was to begin development on a new, compact 4x4 intended to rival the then-current Jeep’s offroading capabilities while keeping to their small-car philosophy. The end result of that project, the Dallang Adventure, arrived in 1970. It became apparent almost immediately that Adonijin had done something incredible - the Dallang was everything they had announced and more.

It came in at a featherweight 882.8kg, and boasted a 2 litre boxer producing a mild 67 HP and a surprising 103 ft-lbs of torque going to all four corners of the vehicle.

The Dallang was praised for its remarkable offroading ability, being able to tackle even the hazardous trails without breaking a sweat. It was capable of scaling a 40 degree (or nearly 100%) slope without too much difficulty, and its small dimensions allowed it to handle narrower trails and tighter bends that its peers couldn’t.

The Dallang sold quite well in its first year, guaranteeing a future for the little off-roader and putting tremendous pressure on Jeep to keep up.

Specification:
Adonijin Dallang Adventure - ANJ B4 - 2000 NA ‘70
Chassis, Drivetrain & Weight: Front longitudinal 4x4 Steel Ladder with Corrosion Res. Steel panels - 882.8kg (58F/42R)
Gearbox & Suspension: 3 Gear Automatic & Solid Axle Leaf Springs F&R Standard suspension with Twin-Tube dampers & Passive sway bars
Engine: 66.8hp @ 4000RPM - 4,000RPM redline - Full Aluminium 1998cc/2.0L OHV-8 N/A Mechanical Fuel Injection B4 - 8.7:1 Compression - 21.0mpg (28.1mpg average)
Wheels: Steel 13 inch standard rims on radial chunky offroad tyres (P160/100R13 103K F&R)
Brakes: 240mm Solid Disc 1 Piston calipers front & 195mm SLS Drum rear
Misc: Manual Locking Differential - Hydraulic Power Steering - Advanced 60s Safety
Exterior layout & Interior: 2 door standard door truck - Standard 2 seater & Standard AM Radio
Design: Rugged yet avant-garde styling - 1 exhaust tip (1.3’ pipe directed to side tip) - Front and rear indicators - Rear reverse light - Twin storage boxes in truck tub - Snorkel
Markets & Value: Offroad/Heavy Util./Offroad Util./Utility - For sale at 3,119KRW (14,000 in game)

Car file for Beam.NG: Adojijin Dallang Adventure

7 Likes

I love it, it’s like an old Patrol and an old Land Cruiser and an old Jeep and I love all of those!

3 Likes

I’m honestly very proud of how the Dallang turned out mechanically - it really can climb and drive in some of the roughest conditions on BeamNG without flinching. I distinctly remember during the driving test of the prototype being very impressed by its ability to get up and go in most conditions.

3 Likes

Adonijin 1400I

Adonijin followed up on its successful 800I with the 1400I, released in 1976. The new car introduced a new version of the Adonijin inline 4, scaled up to 1399cc and producing 160 HP in a featherlight chassis.

Adonijin 1400I - Painted in Jinhan Pplgansaeg

The Adonijin 1400I was a successful car, praised for its performance and controllability, but would only be produced for four years.

Adonijin 1400I - Painted in Gip-eun Akua

Adonijin 1400I - Painted in Hwaiteu

The 1400I came in a variety of vibrant colour which really appealed to the sports market, setting them apart from most other sports cars with their style and hue.

Adonijin 1400I - Painted from left to right in Sapaieo, Meoseutadeu, Jandi, and Seonses Olenji

Specification:
Adonijin 1400I - ADJ.I4 - 1400.I4 ‘76
Chassis, Drivetrain & Weight: Mid longitudinal RWD Galvanised Steel Monocoque with Fibreglass panels - 823.0kg (41F/59R)
Gearbox & Suspension: 5 Gear Manual & Double Wishbone F&R Standard suspension with Gas Mono-Tube dampers & Passive sway bars
Engine: 157.9hp @ 6600RPM - 7,600RPM redline - Full Aluminium 1399cc/1.4L DOHC-16 Turbocharged Mechanical Fuel Injection I4 - 9.0:1 Compression - 17.7mpg (24.6mpg average)
Wheels: Steel 15 inch standard rims on medium compound tyres (P170/55R15 82V F & P200/50R15 85V R)
Brakes: 245mm Vented Disc 1 Piston calipers front & 230mm Vented Disk 1 Piston calipers rear
Misc: Open Differential - Hydraulic Power Steering - Standard 70s Safety
Exterior layout & Interior: 2 door standard door coupe - Sport 2 seater & Basic AM Radio
Design: Wedge shape design - 1 dual exit exhaust tip (4.8’ pipe) - Rear louvres - Pop-up headlights - Lightweight bumpers
Markets & Value: Sport/Conv. Sport/Muscle/Sport B. - For sale at 7,791KRW (30,100 in game)

Car file for Beam.NG: Adojijin 1400I

8 Likes

Ok, those headlights just made me melt. How? Wow. Gorgeous. I thought I would beat you guys to release tue Stratos body lol I got lazy.

I want to drive this!

2 Likes

We’ll have the .car or the beamNG file available soon!

1 Like