AGC 27 - Kiss-Miss [CLOSED]

cryAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

why am i so late? because people wanted the round to be over so out of spite i procrastinated (i actually went through the lowest point in my mental health in 5 years right after entries closed so i didnā€™t wanna do anything this is a cry for help)

REVIEWS

The developers of Kiss Miss finally gathered around to review the designs at their little studio somewhere in Tokyo.

Centurion Fatale

@ldub0775

Jesus fucking Christ man, this is such a sin youā€™re making me use the Lordā€™s name in vain while cursing. Be fucking ashamed.

Itā€™s pretty darn clear the effort was low on this entry, so I feel like i didnā€™t even need to put any effort into this review
i donā€™t even have the motivation to roast you

:clap: next

EF-0 Panoptes

@The_Stig_Is_A_Spy

Very cool looking entry. Itā€™s a clean and very sterile design with unique proportions.

Unfortunately, those proportions are my main issue with the design. As much as I love the Evangelion-style body shape, and it feels rather organic with how long the limbs are in regards to each other and the body, this isnā€™t really what Iā€™m looking for.

It reminds me somewhat of those battle droids from the Star Wars prequels, which, while cool, again isnā€™t the style Iā€™m after.

The presentation is great, love the little blueprint thing you made for it, and the attention to detail by having poseable limbs are top-notch.

When it comes to weapons, I also feel a bit iffy with how they are. The shoulder-mounted missile pods feel a tad awkward to me. Their housings seem a bit small and the way theyā€™re positioned just doesnā€™t fit right with the design.

Good attempt, but not what Iā€™m looking for.

AT-HI X-02 Zephyr

@T0M

Badass design that seems to be heavily inspired by the TR-6 Woundwort. A design I very much love (fuck you bandai give me a non-peeb woundwort you bastards), and I initially wanted to keep as part of the inspirations.

Itā€™s a bit too heavily inspired however, and if you substitute the mass-production-type head on it for a Gundam head, youā€™d think itā€™s just another variant of it. I think because of this devotion to being a Woundwort clone limits its design a lot. The leg joints donā€™t look functional and the leg seems to be just one piece. Then thereā€™s the feet, which donā€™t exist and make it look like itā€™d need a severe amount of thrust for balancing on land, which realistically will expend more fuel and limit its operational time.

Overall, the dedication to being an AoZ-ish design makes it unfit for the scenario I had in mind. The mecha feels way too space-oriented. The integrated shield/gun thing I think is rather cool though, but overall it just doesnā€™t feel like something that would be used primarily for fighting giant alien testicle monsters in the atmosphere and on land.

Helios HMR-06A Aethon

@Xepy

I absolutely love this one. This feels like a design that could come out for Frame Arms or Hexa Gear and Iā€™d buy it. It looks armed to the teeth and feels very modular. Almost like a juggernaut of mecha of sorts. Depending on the mission, it seems like thereā€™s a lot of changes to the armaments that can be done to suit the scenario which is absolutely what Iā€™m looking for here.

Itā€™s pretty darn detailed, even coming with an interior which is incredible. The control layout is nice, but Iā€™d probably swap a lot of the buttons out with just screens and stuff.

A few complaints do rise with the mecha, and main thing is that metallic paint. It could defo just be changed though in the gameā€™s final release. A bigger issue is with the proportions, which while from the side looks great, from the front is kind of awkward with how narrow the legs look. Thereā€™s a bit of a lack of shaping in them, which feels like a nitpick but the way I look at it, it just feels kind of awkward. A personal thing for me would also probably be larger shoulder armour to have a bigger platform for that missile pod and gun to rest upon.

Looking at the mecha overall as it is though, I definitely do love the design, and I can see it in the game as the titular unit with a few adjustments. A refined weapon designed to push back the alien advance, itā€™s really detailed and the singular monoeye just makes it look absolutely killer.

ARx-93v Rivale

@Dorifto_Dorito

Should yā€™all even be surprised this came out on top? This is an absolute beast of a design and ticks all the boxes Iā€™m looking for. someone clearly played muv-luv

The proportions are great, the shaping of everything is immaculate, and whilst it doesnā€™t have the interior detail like the Helios, thereā€™s plenty of other eye candy on this mecha that makes me want to have an actual model of this sitting on my desk.

The design has modularity built in, and the loadouts can be varied a lot. Pictures simply donā€™t do this one justice, and neither do my words which is why writing a review for this is really difficult because itā€™s just that great.

If I had to complain about ONE thing, itā€™s probably that single color face design. Not really a fan of the whole visor being one massive LED, but overall an incredible design with so many other details that outshine the face.

16 Likes

P3, not bad! thanks for the challenge lmao, it has been a long time since I last make something like this

1 Like

And so one of the most escapist and outlandish AGCs ever concludes with a worthy winner being crowned. Letā€™s hope this trend continues - but Iā€™m expecting the next AGC to revert to a theme that requires making actual cars (or trucks).

1 Like

Yay I won. Anyways, I canā€™t host challenges anymore so uhhh. @Xepy have fun hosting the next AGC

2 Likes

Spoke to @T0M and @The_Stig_Is_A_Spy, Iā€™ll be passing hosting to @The_Stig_Is_A_Spy

1 Like

Congrats to Dorifto_Dorito, and thanks to variationofvariables for hosting!
Iā€™ll gladly take this opportunity to host: