AGC23_ Raiders On The Storm (Completed)

This post doesn't scale on mobile devices thanks fourms css

25 Likes

now that’s another level above the rest holy fuck

Due to CSS not working and other personal reasons on my end, the deadline for AGC23 will be extended to May 22nd, at 11:59PM GMT.

New Countdown

Still no resubmissions are allowed, however anyone can modify their ads if they feel the need to.

Submissions must be sent to BOTH @kookie and @pen15

1 Like

Tristella Griffon-DKR Concept

Why not mix a supercar with Dakar capabilities like we used to in the 80s?

Gallery

16 Likes

Doonbos Nullarbor

The off road Emperor

• All carbon fibre chassis and panels, to reduce weight to just 1312kg
  • A twin turbo 6.0L V12 producing more than 1200 bhp, because we can
  • A five speed automatic and 50/50 AWD running through electronic differentials for maximum acceleration
  • 315/70R17 off road tyres so you never get stuck
  • Carbon ceramic brakes so you can always stop in time
  • Fully independent air suspension with adaptive dampers and disconnectable sway bars to handle even the biggest jumps
3 Likes

LESS THAN A DAY LEFT

I have received submissions from:

@Lanson
@ChemaTheMexican
@Fayeding_Spray
@That-S-cop
@T0M
@the-chowi
@Mikonp7
@Sureascanbe
@Riley
@Speedyboi
@Xepy
@SheikhMansour

@cake_ape has posted an ad but I have not received anything.

For anybody yet to submit, please triple check your entry before submitting, and remember - entries must be sent to BOTH @pen15 and I.

Countdown

2 Likes

Oh, I only sent it to pen 10 days ago. I’ll fwd to you.

2 Likes
whoopsie daisy missed the brief entirely
8 Likes

SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED_

11 Likes

BINS _

As judging begins, to decide which manufacturers will see their cars added to the game through the DLC, the Deez Studios PR team comes up with a brilliant idea which will allow them to create content for their Youtube channel and create more hype around the upcoming release. The cars will be put to the test; in real life, in Chile.

Arthur and Brendon, senior devs at Deez Studios are put to the task and call for two professional rally drivers, Cody McConnell and Dashawn Lake, acquaintances of the studio.

_DRIVER KILLERS

Two weeks later, the cars, our two devs, two drivers and a film crew have been flown to Chile. Arthur and Brendon will be watching from afar as the drivers are about to pull some serious stunts around a prepared circuit. The first car pulls up to the starting line.

Doonbos Nullarbor _

B: “What’s this one called again?”

A: “Doonbos Nullarbor”

B: “What kind of goofy name is that? And this color scheme too.”

C: “This thing looks a lot better when you can’t see the exterior. Let’s see how it drives.”

He revs the engine and suddenly the livery doesn’t seem so unnatural. The sound of a high revving V12 pierces through the air and everyone is left wondering why on earth this vehicle would produce such a sound. However, Cody doesn’t seem too bothered as he launches off the line.

C: “Woo! This thing is quick, maybe even too quick!”

After the first jump, something seems off.

A: “Wait, why is it so wobbly? Is it made out of paper?”

B: “No wonder it’s so ligh-”

Our driver lands after the second jump and Arthur’s questions are answered.
The car all but dismantles as it hits the ground in a series of bangs and rattles. The tyres explode, the front wheels even detach. The car deforms in all the worst places and huge shards of glass fly through the cabin, showering Cody with debris.

A: “Cody, come in. Everything alright?”

C: “Man… what the fuck.”

Paramedics rush to the scene.

B: “Well, we’re off to a good start…”

Reason for bin_ Safety set to None.

AT Ocelot-RR _

After Cody’s incident, the devs radio in to Dashawn as he arrives at the starting line.

A: “Hey Dashawn, you sure you wanna do this?”

B: “We can back out if you want, just let us know.”

D: “Nah, it’s all good. I trust myself to be a better driver.”

A: “…Ok then! Well this car looks good, don’t you think Brendon? It’s well designed, looks like a proper racing machine.”

B: “I like the livery, but I don’t know if the design itself is very modern or futuristic though. But anyways, let’s see how it does.”

Off the line, the car also seems rather overpowered, but a bit more manageable than the Doonbos.

D: “Guys, are we sure this thing is all-wheel-drive? That was not a very good launch.”

It doesn’t matter; seconds later, it becomes only two-wheel-drive as the front axle completely snaps after hitting the ground. The front end digs into the dirt and the car rolls end over end.

This time, the aftermath is even worse. The roof is caved in and the firewall ends up crushed inside the passenger compartment, leaving Dashawn completely trapped. Luckily, the on-site emergency services manage to extricate him with the jaws of life before he is rushed to a local hospital.

Reason for bin_ Safety set to None AND -15 quality

__RULE BREAKERS

After the events in Chile, the team collectively agrees to stop the testing and returns to London, where Cody and Dashawn are recovering in hospital. Still having to rank the entries and present something to the Deez Studios executives, Arthur and Brendon return to headquarters and discuss their next move.

A: “Well, both of our test drivers are now in the hospital with serious injuries, and I doubt they’ll want to continue working for us after what happened.”

B: “Don’t worry, we’ve covered all their medical bills. I’ll also give them a pay raise they can’t refuse!”

A: “What? Where did you possibly get the money for that?”

B: “Didn’t you hear? AT Motors decided to settle out of court with us to avoid the lawsuit becoming a huge PR disaster.”

A: “Oh… well that’s great, but I still don’t see how we can restart the test program anytime soon.”

B: “I just told you the answer! Even after the necessary payouts, we still had enough cash to spend on a few… ‘company expenses’. Such as this state-of-the-art Simtec racing simulator!”

A: ”ZAMN!”

Tristella Griffon DKR Concept _

A: “Alright Brendon, all strapped in? Load up the first car, it should be the Tristella Griffon DKR Concept.”

B: “This design is gorgeous! Not just from afar, but the details also really shine up close, and the beautifully designed Red Mule livery tops it off.”

A: “Definitely agree with you on that. It may be a pure off-road machine with the rugged skidplates, spare tyres, and exposed framework, but it still keeps the exotic styling of a roadgoing Tristella.”

B: “Let’s see if it drives like one too!”

The Tristella sprints off the line in-game, reaching 60mph in just over 3 seconds. Brendon guides it through the course putting its handling skills to the test through banked dirt turns and crests.

B: “Good news, it really does drive like a Tristella! It wasn’t the best over the jumps, but the handling through the turns was impeccable. A true supercar.”

A: “The bad news is that it’s also priced like one. Unfortunately, it’s just over our stipulated limit.”

B: “You really had to kill the vibe here, huh? What a shame.”

Reason for bin_ $3000 over the budget.

CometBar RiftRacerV _

A: “This one looks great! Comet-Bar has quite the reputation in the offroading world, so I think they would be a good addition to Rally Storm especially with this mean trophy truck decked out in their iconic pink and black racing livery.”

B: “Looks great from inside the cockpit too! The layout is pretty and it’s got plenty of detailed, realistic equipment inside and out. However, I must say the exterior design isn’t quite as futuristic as I was hoping to see.”

The 7L V8 roars around the virtual landscape as Brendon stretches the RiftRacerV’s legs around a baja-style course, working the suspension over bumps and jumps. It handles them with ease, but struggles a bit in the corners as Brendon tries to whip it round the turn and spins out.

B: “Wow, Comet-Bar really know how to put together a trophy truck! Not a big fan of the transmission though. It’s alright for a regular trophy truck, but doesn’t really fit the cutting edge vibe we’re looking for.”

A: “Yeah, unfortunately I don’t think we can keep it for the Concepts class, but we may be able to add it in the Baja class. I’ll just save the file for later…”

Suddenly, the game freezes and the screen goes black.

A: “Shit, it just crashed mid save. Looks like I can recover the model from the files, but none of the performance data was saved. I can’t find it anywhere.”

B: “…Maybe we can just keep it as a background prop?”

Reason for bin_ Doesn’t follow the naming scheme

11 Likes

Oop

4 Likes

Ah blast…
Better luck next time I suppose.

2 Likes

i though the quality slider rule only imply it couldnt go over +10 but not -10 and the realism rule apply only on the look, since this a mainly appearance focused competition, welp that succ

at least the car looks nice while it dies on the sand haha

You didn’t get done for quality sliders; the mention of -15 is just emphasis for the fact that your car (and mine) got binned for no safety

3 Likes

thought it was just for a video game, not in real trial so I just threw away the safety equipment lmao since who cares about safety in a video game

Realism is still the 2nd priority…

4 Likes

any updates?

2 Likes

there were no updates :frowning:

Let’s hope the host gets this AGC sorted…

1 Like

We’re very sorry for how late this is.