AGC33 - Sand Speeder

Wow look! It’s the fastest car on earth! An old company van driven by :sparkles: some fucking guy :sparkles:

Look there's pipes and shit on the roof

He’s tailgating someone now!

12 Likes

Ironclad Salamander

“Violence is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is always yes.”

If these words resonate with you the most, then you might just be the kind of person who wants the Ironclad Salamander Multi-Purpose Amphibious All-Terrain Vehicle.

Powered by a 10.9 liter quad-turbocharged V12 diesel engine, a 10 speed automatic transmission, 8 wheel drive with six wheel steering, and if needed, two propellers out back for any water you might encounter, this armored truck is designed for battle.

Is it fast? Hell no. But there are very few people who can outrun a bullet, let alone the storm of lead pouring out of your dual minigun turrets, or who can dodge one of your 24 guided missiles. It’s a 12-ton invitation to a closed-casket funeral for anyone who gets between you and your goal.

With seating capacity for 8 crew, you can become the king of your own faction of raiders or mercenaries, and wreak havoc upon the wasteland. Races are easy to win after you shoot your competition. Locked gates won’t remain that way once you bring the heavily reinforced front end into play.

Different turret options are available for the roof, and if you feel you need to take it down a notch or three, it’s certainly possible with the Modular Rear Tray System.

(A different customization, showing the cargo box instead of missile turret, and a quad-minigun turret instead of the dual-minigun turret.)

Rumor has it that there are some special versions of the Salamander around, including a legend of a one-of-a-kind 10x10 Atomic Weapon Carrier. Of course, even if you do find it, you’ll have to find some command codes to use the weapons system on it… And that could take some serious exploring to find.

5 Likes

1982 Benson Bully

4 Likes

2024 MMW Nevada 3500

What better way to endure the apocalyptic wastelands than a big-ass American truck? Once a humble rental truck, it now proudly displays its age and battle scars, along with a smattering of salvaged and custom parts installed so that it can perform best at its task - roam the wilderness and live to tell the tale.

Gallery

13 Likes

1998 - Popas Uranium

3 Tons of metal pipes

Once a luxury offroader for the wealthy and powerful of the USSR, now a purpose tuned offroader for running deliveries and other kind of supply runs. While the giant V10 of the Uranium was mostly left untouched the interior lost its luxury backseats to make more room for precious cargo. To further protect the payload a big exocage was fitted and the new space behind the front seats now room protective tools to keep the deliveries safe from anyone daring to stand in the way of the tireless Uranium

7 Likes

MysteryWorks
presents

KOTATSU MARGO “OUTREACHER”

Seeing the relatively positive reception of the Kotatsu Passion “Sirloin” and Kotatsu Margo “Rosemary”, MysteryWorks decided to go on and experiment on another style of tuning. Once again taking the AWD Margo as a base, the build takes place in “Sand Speeder”, a post-apocalyptic survival action-adventure game with vehicles playing a huge part in it.

Nicknamed “Outreacher”, the car is equipped from the get go with a 3.5L twin-turbocharged V6 pushing out 450 HP, all-wheel drive, and a limited slip differential, like in real life. Naturally, however, this can be improved; the demonstration model in the pictures is tuned to put out 540 horsepowers and is equipped with offroad tires and suspensions, a basic external rollcage, a winch and tow hooks, auxiliary lights for extra visibility, and a roof rack for extra storage with an awning attached to the side, in case the driver needs to take a break and rest mid-exploration.

11 Likes

Reminder that there’s about a week left (as of 10 hours ago). a day ago. It isn’t monday :grimacing:

Submission reminder in a couple days.

4 Likes

1995 Argente Humbucker

Once used by another explorer, much like the player, this truck now sits dormant, waiting for another driver to fire up its engine once again.

The player would find this truck parked in a gas station as shown by the picture, with the only customization being the chunky offroad tires and three cans of fuel in the back.

However, this is what you could possibly turn it into:

The customization shown in this picture is equipped with various upgrades to make it ideal for long-range explorations and cargo collection/delivery. “But the bash bar is blocking the trunk door!” I hear you say. Fear not, there’s a door in the interior which you can get to the cargo from. Which is code for ‘I realized this too late and I can’t be bothered to fix it so I might as well do more with less’.

Here’s a couple photos of the two customizations side by side.

(this is my first time participating in a challenge so it might suck but it looked fun so :person_shrugging:)

3 Likes

Zephorus Stelvio

SandSpeedster

Modifications over the original include:
DAKR roof rack. Tent and side awning modified to fit, full frontal lightbar with rear spots, fuel cans and other liquid storage and tools can be stored just under the tent box.
DAKR front bumper. Bullbar and rock basher modified to fit
Rear suspension custom fit
Rear chassis mount towbar conversion
Front suspension custom fit, with skis for less resistance over sand.
Top exit exhausts and engine bay shutter
3.0L B6 from the Stelvio entre now runs on low quality fuel, but added single turbo for more reliable power.

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.
17 Likes

For extremely slippery terrain, such as snow and ice, the rear wheels can also be replaced with skis. Come to think of it, that idea could be reserved for the sequel to Sand Speeder, titled Snow Speeder, although to avoid confusion with the Star Wars repulsorcraft of the same name, Ice Speeder would be more appropriate.

I felt compelled to respond to this one.
Your common sense is usually completely fine and without much of an issue, but it cuts short this time unless in very specific case.

In case Zephorus plans to enter some kind of competition held on ice or snow, I would recommend using tracks, similar to what snowmobiles use and would prove to be working.
If you want to deliver power to the ground, less grip is not a good thing (and this vehicle likely is RWD).
Not to mention I don’t think that any regular vehicle would move by delivering power to skis

I mentioned your suggestion would work in specific case, however.
Case being when you decide that your vehicle does not propel itself by interacting with it’s surface
Simply put: replace regular engine with jet engine.
Ok I think “cases” would be more appropriate, as some madman would inevitably decide to make legged vehicle which would propel itself in similar fashion humans, also moving using legs, would do when faced with problem of moving on ice or snow using skis

1 Like

The Century Grand Imperial

Although The Grand Imperial was originally designed as a flagman model for Century's top paying
customers,this customized post-apocalyptic variant shows that it can be used in conditions
the engineers never even thought of.

The question is,is it any good in the wastelands?
Of course not! It has a 580 CI (~9.5L) v16 and an old 3 sped slushomatic which gives it
the most atrocious MPG imaginable. Also,despite having 6 wheels,its only rear wheel drive
and with the heavy cast iron engine up front, most of the weight is on the front 4 wheels,
meaning that even if you shine a light at the accelerator pedal,the 630 ft-lb of torque would
shred the rear tires out of existence in mere seconds (hence, the dual spares on the back).

7 Likes

1959 Superior-Dropmore Mauritania Desperado

Formerly the darling child of famous actors and socialites like Robert House, the Super Drop Mauritania gained a new reputation after the bombs dropped. The big 7.7L V8 was dead reliable and even though it’s only RWD, the 300hp and 400lb-ft of torque will get you up to 60 in 16 seconds. That’s enough time to fully reload even the most time consuming weaponry, and you can do that because it’s automatic only, so there’s no shifting to deal with.

Gallery

Just don’t leave it in New Reno, you can’t have shit in New Reno

7 Likes

wip

hello! i’m new here and wanna participate in event. what should i do? just post some pictures? is some story necessary?

btw. concept of the game sounds so cool, i wish i could play such a game so much

Hello and welcome! To participate in this event, build a vehicle that you think meets the requirements and fits the theme as best as you can.
After you have built your car, you need to send the .car file to me. This allows me to import the vehicle and view it in my game. You can do this the following two ways:
From the car selection screen:

Or from the last page in the designer:

From there, you can either click “Open folder” to find the .car in file explorer, or you can manually go to \Appdata\Local\AutomationGame\Saved\UserData\CarSaveExport

It is recommended (and in some challenges, required) to post pictures of the vehicle as a sort of ‘ad’, to show off and let others know what they are facing off against in the competition.

A story for your vehicle is not required, but if you do have it that adds to the fun.

As for the concept, I’ve been dipping my toes in game development but haven’t taken the time to actually make something proper yet.

7 Likes

1970 Voyager GrimJunk

This Frankenstein of a machine once was comfortable sedan, which after many years, cataclysm and weather was found in a rough shape and was rebuilt with different parts found in junkyard and local storage. It was fitted with mighty 6.8L V8 engine, making 290hp and almost 500nm of torque. Damaged rear half of a car was replaced with a bed from a pickup truck and fitted with semi truck fuel tank to store fuel for long journeys

Photos

i made a mistake that i noticed only after making photos - snorkel and supercharger can’t work at the same time x) but i’m too lazy to redo photos

7 Likes

thank you for explanation.
also, apparently i am dumb, but i cannot find how to send a message to you

I believe since you’re a new user you are unable to directly message me. If you keep reading around the forums you should be able to unlock that ability (basic user badge), and if you click on my profile it will say Message

1 Like

Isn’t it possible for you to send them a DM first?
I for some reason couldn’t edit the typo