[AIR] International Endurance GT Champsionship

https://i.imgur.com/yeCPeaH.png

http://i.imgur.com/45oAJAY.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZoPP6fv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IlXPlG5.jpg

[size=150]USERS LOOKING FOR A TEAM:[/size]

07CobaltGirl

There isn’t still such thing as a deadline at this moment, because I’m still trying to figure out how to make a system to calculate the number of laps done over time,
taking in account several variables, such as realistic fuel consumption, time per pit stop, reliability and more. However, you could start building a car and making a
team with another user.

My goal is to make of AIR a racing-oriented organization with several racing series.

Feel free to ask any questions here or via PM.

This is a potentially interesting idea. The idea of calculating fuel etc. and laps done is something that hasn’t really successfully been implemented yet, though some of us have worked on it here and there. We’d be interested to see what you come up with.

One big issue I forsee is your power to weight ratio rule. Some of us are very good at insistently hitting the precise limits, so if you wanted to check the values, you would probably be sitting there with the calculator for quite a while, and it can be a real headache if you have a lot of entries to sort out! You may wish to make this a lot simpler or find a way to restrict power in a way that is quicker to check.

[quote=“strop”]This is a potentially interesting idea. The idea of calculating fuel etc. and laps done is something that hasn’t really successfully been implemented yet, though some of us have worked on it here and there. We’d be interested to see what you come up with.

One big issue I forsee is your power to weight ratio rule. Some of us are very good at insistently hitting the precise limits, so if you wanted to check the values, you would probably be sitting there with the calculator for quite a while, and it can be a real headache if you have a lot of entries to sort out! You may wish to make this a lot simpler or find a way to restrict power in a way that is quicker to check.[/quote]

I just changed the power and weight regulations to make it more user friendly and to make it easier to regulate.

Also, I wouldn’t mind some help with the calculation system. :mrgreen:

Slightly off topic but it is part of the rules in this race, is the US (or North America) the only place that doesnt require rear fog lights (or orange turn signals)? I really dislike the looks of both of them and rarely build a car with orange blinkers on the back or a fog light, just two red brake/turn lights and reverse lights, much cleaner looking and as an added bonus you instantly know when a brake light is burned out.

So it is mandatory to team up with someone else?

By fog lights I meant that you must place two little yellow lights in the rear (placed close to the bottom of the bumper) and two front decent-sized fog lights.

I’m still thinking if making a team should be obligatory or just an accesory to the series. But tell me, don’t you think it’d be more interesting making your own team with someone and try to get that name as high in the charts as possible? For me it is.
Think about this as the beginning of a new racing organization, where you’ll be able to have your team through several other racing series.

This looks interesting. Going to draw up a nice little car sometime soon for it.

The presentation certainly is top notch, but those rules are incredibly complex. I mean, they regulate too much, and that doesn’t really make for interesting gameplay, as it loses all sense of creativity, having us left with just pushing random buttons.

Well, I made this racing series taking in mind the GT3 cars. In real life, most of the racing series have strict regulations so racing is always balanced, little things are what makes the difference.
It’s a shame that you don’t find interesting this competition, it never hurts to have more participants.

However, I’ll be making some changes to try and get a wider range of entries.

This looks like fun. Who wants to team up with me (since it’s required and I already have a car for it anyway)? I could use some help with optimizing the suspension/transmission. Of course, I’m using OHV V8. haha

You lady just gave me the idea of making a section in the post for people looking to team up with someone. Also, I added you. :smiley:

New Project from SME

You might find that calculating laps, fuel and pit stops is harder than it seems… like I did…

I have a car ready for this competition but I’d rather go it alone… I have a bad rep for building fast cars so no-one’s going to want my car anyway! :smiley:

I’ll submit it and if I don’t get to run then I’m cool with that. If any other team wants to use my car (and tune it for themselves as per the rules) then just PM me and I’ll fire you off a copy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Is this dead or just slow getting off the ground?