Akamatsu Motor Design Thread (赤松モーターデザインスレッド)

I like the design, kind of like an aggressive predator looking for its prey, exactly the signals one would like a car like this to send out.

is this the Torrento/Akamatsu crossover then?

2 Likes

Well, yes. Basically we collaborate a lot, with me making Akamatsu models occasionally, and Retro making Torrento models occasionally.
Except for the part where he doesn’t make Torrento models but actually just sources stuff from Torrento Automotive for Akamatsu models because that works too I guess.
In the case of the Accolade II, he came to me and asked me to make a DC2 Integra replica, so I made a DC2 Integra replica, and sent it over. He then modified it to distinguish it slightly from the real thing and then made the trackday variant that you see here.

1 Like

2005 Akamatsu Komahina SRX (Because today I realised that SXR is actually meant to be SRX, good god I fucked up…);

Akamatsu’s equivalent to the Torrento Redback, but how is it different I hear you ask? The Komahina boasts a 3.0L N/A I4 with 250HP, balancing the art of Group N rally with mountain pass street racing, and to call back to it’s roots as a rally beast, it has AWD and a 6 speed manual as standard.

The Komahina is also not one to disappoint in looks, with an exclusive Flame Red paintjob, stylish rims, scooped hood, bucket seats and a spoiler echoeing it’s origins on the dirt courses of rally. Since this isn’t the rally version, the interior has been kitted out with all the creature comforts you could ever want, with just the right touch of sporty accents, and a partly carbon fibre steering wheel!

This girl will treat you right, on the track and on the trail… despite being named after the word the fandom gave a gay ship between Nagito Komaeda and Hajime Hinata from the Danganronpa Series… sigh

9 Likes

Reminds me of a 986 Club Sport, whose engine relied on balancer shafts to hold itself together. I suspect the engine in the SXR is naturally aspirated as well, just like the 968’s - but with nothing to simulate balancer shafts for straight-fours, it’s hardly the smoothest engine of its kind.

As for the outside, it looks like an Evo VII-IX in the front, with the taillights of an Evo IV-VI at the back, and has one of the most detailed interiors of any car of this type and era.

The Komahina’s engine is indeed naturally aspirated (forgot to include that)

I had two references for the outside, an Evo IX and the Hinata Kagura SX from Car Mechanic Simulator 2021.

2010-2016 Akamatsu Aurora SLX Hybrid (5th Generation); Akamatsu’s first hybrid vehicle, powered with a 350KW battery with the same 590km range as the soon to be debuted 6th Generation Accolade, while being simultaneously powered with a powerful but purring 4.5L Twin Turbo DOHC V6 with 290HP, giving a quiet and comfortable ride while also being the one minivan that you’ll instantly regret challenging to a drag race at the lights.

The Aurora also defies the norm with it’s unique wraparound strengthened shatter-proof rear window, giving an excellent view for both rear passengers and the driver, while also protecting them in case of a roll-over crash, sporting rims featured on the best of Torrento models and a sleek blue trim to signify it’s alternate power source and finished off with a stylish set of skirts and front lip.

Given it’s status as a hybrid, this Aurora has been given special treatment, with all the creature comforts all suburban dwellers could ever want, heated seats, responsive 11" touchscreen, air conditioning and luxurious Smokey Charcoal Black leather seats for 5 adults and 1 lucky child. After all, why buy a massive suburban legend without all the little things included?

BONUS: My first Automation video, a trailer for the Aurora, made within an hour with animatics and the thorough hatred I have for Wondershare Filmora, this was made with OpenShot Video Editor, which saved me a lot of time, patience and the money to buy a new keyboard which I would’ve smashed to pieces if I was using Filmora.

4 Likes

2019-2021 Akamatsu Accolade VII: Project Olympia

The Future of Performance. Now.
Even after over 60 years of racing heritage, driving dynamic and cars that look incredibly pissed off, still here to punch you both in the gut and in the face as these girls are a handful to drive, still the proud hero car of modern day Akamatsu

Now with the next generation of Akamatsu’s revolutionary HYBRiD technology, you can cruise anywhere, and when you run out on one fuel source, you can switch to the other with no problems whatsoever. With the new experimental 21AKV6TT-FR engine with 311HP on the Symphony Platform of RWD blended with a 6 Speed viscious automatic transmission and the new clean 620KM range 400KW lithium-ion battery, still whisper quiet, still fast.

Styled after Project: SYMPHONY, the new Accolade is a totally new design language with it’s stance as an angry dragon who’s slumber you have dared to disturb, the rear tailights achieve a sleek yet aggressive look, while being the only thing you’ll be staring at as you trail in it’s wake at the stroke of midnight on the freeway.

For the first time, Torrento and Akamatsu have worked together to create the perfect Accolade, Japanese engineering perfectly contrasting American styling, adorning Torrento’s sport rims and beautiful sunflower yellow paint, this girl makes almost 500HP with it’s specially designed 3.5L N/A V6 and 6 speed dual clutch transmission.

10 Likes

That car looks like it belongs on the cover of a video game…no bs.

Nice work💯

1 Like

That is very large for a V6 engine, and not very smooth - a V8 engine of the same size would have been preferable.

That’s an error on my end, the engine’s actual size is 3.5L

2016 Akamatsu Accolade VI: Project Symphony Remastered

A new look for one of my favourite projects, redesigned completely, both in engineering and looks. Styled to resemble the Accolade 7, it’s still angry and will still bite back with a 6.6L Supercharged (Yes, you heard me right, Supercharged, theres a frickin’ blower hiding under that scoop) V8 with nearly 680HP, making this girl even more bloody dangerous than it already was, calling back to the Solaris FRX that came nearly a decade and a half before.

8 Likes

For visual design alone, it’s bound to receive plenty of, erm, accolades - and even more for its performance, assuming it can be kept under control with all that grunt.

1 Like

2022 Akamatsu Accolade VII: WTCR #87 Touring Car

It’s V6’s place now occupied with a powerful 2.0L Turbocharged i4 making 356HP at a blurry 260Km/h on the track, flying new colours with it’s very own racing team livery with the stripes of Akamatsu’s colours, and bearing the name of your’s truly.

This Accolade has also received some other visual modifications, such as gaining an even more angry personality and a wider stance, new diffuser and wing, a fully equipped racing interior with rollcage and racing seats, plus some new shoes and Arünahart racing tires.

Accolade: Driven for Victory.

11 Likes

2010-2013 Akamatsu Accolade V: Project Hades

The 21st Century return of one of Akamatsu’s most successful lineups. The Accolade V has now grown up and sees the track now with nothing but determination and prowess, except now with it’s secret weapon for claiming the lives of the drivers who dare try and handle her, the powerful 2.0L I4 that will be used in her younger sister’s racing career at WTCR.

4 Likes

1993-1999 Akamatsu Accolade III: Project Sunset

Designed on a sun-soaked beach in Thailand, this Accolade is all about style and being different… without sacrificing what it knows how to do best, brutally kill you.

Given the extremely rare Akamatsu 2.7L Twin Turbo Boxer 4 (92AKB4FH) with 209HP, it’s not as powerful as her younger sisters, but it’s still got that punch-in-the-gut signature turbo lag. With a top speed of 231km/h and a 0-100 in about 6.1 seconds, it’s a perfect balance for speeding off into the sunset on a hot summer’s day and tearing up tarmac when it’s overcast.

The Accolade III was also the only generation to feature a targa top, perfect for beach day or looking cool with those aviator sunglasses as you outrun the feds for speeding, and bonus cool points for the snazzy three spoke rims and Fuschia Red paintwork.

(Creator’s note)

So I recently decided I wanted to redo the Accolade lineup, renaming the currently existing Accolade II back to the Nagano TSR, what it was originally called by Leone, who is currently designing the Accolade IV, and the new II model will be filled by something I’d actually be proud to call an Accolade.)

5 Likes

1986-1990 Akamatsu Accolade II: Project Sunrise

Now it’s the mid 1980s, exports to America are booming, but most of those imports are boring and bland econoboxes, the States could really use something with a a decent amount of good looks, turbo lag and downright terrifying driving dynamic.

The Accolade II, built for those long American highways and outrunning the county sheriff, illuminating the road under the vast American sunset with it’s popup headlights, and echoing across the canyons with it’s powerful and fuel efficient 2.5L Turbocharged V6 with 212hp, that will eventually go on to be majorly upgraded going into the new century, but that’s almost 30 years away in the future, and now is not the future, so let’s enjoy the Accolade II in the present.

A two faced beast, sleek and low headlights for when you want to suddenly surprise anyone who lays eyes on the beautiful red paintjob and in-the-moment styling, the sun’s going down, but the lights are going up.

With this girl, you aren’t just gonna be the show stopper, you’re gonna be the show itself.

11 Likes

Stylish!

1 Like

1968-1972 Akamatsu Accolade 190 “Little Akuma”

Where it all began, this little girl blindsided the Japanese public when it hit showrooms in 1968, it’s radical rear-mounted 1.4L N/A I4 with 105HP meant it didn’t fall into the Kei car tax bracket, but this was limited to wealthy buyers who wouldn’t have minded paying a little extra for a fun yet death defying drive.

An adorable frog eyed car to give unsuspecting drivers the fright of their life, it’s cheerful looks and partial whitewall tires hiding it’s deadly secret, painted in it’s special “Hell Red”, that will not appear on the Accolade II about 20 years later.

Being so unsuspectingly evil, owners and in-house designers gave it the nickname “Little Akuma” (Little Devil) because of it’s small size. Today, the Devil has retired and now only about 80 are known to exist, and was never sold outside of Japan.

Happy to see you,
Happy to kill you.

8 Likes

Why the side pipes if it’s rear engined?