Akamatsu Motor Design Thread (赤松モーターデザインスレッド)

just for fun really.

2 Likes

my very late 2,000 Hours celebration thingy ft. Leone’s Akamatsu Accolade IV

Celebrating more than half a century of stupidly dangerous sports coupes ranging from being nicknamed The Devil to being a top competitor at WTCR.

7 Likes

More pictures of the funny fish car:

Imma be honest the rear is fuckin weird but I might post it here later, as well as some pics with brighter lighting cause you can’t see anything here to be honest

9 Likes

2022 Akamatsu Accolade (Now the Akamatsu Antares) 4x4

Oh how the mighty have fallen, now to be confirmed the end of the true Accolade, reduced to nothing but another bland and boring crossover that’s down on power, with a measly 180HP from a Torrento supplied N/A I4 paired with a 6 speed automatic and enough safety systems to protect heads of state, and to think that this came after the Accolade 7, what a bitter end to such a iconic series of Japanese sports cars…

Less brutal murder, more ugly plastic cladding that screams “I look offroad capable, but I’m really not.” mixed with precious few design cues taken from it’s sporting past. The age of the Sports Car is over, the crossover takeover is upon us.

6 Likes

:face_vomiting: ugh crossovers

2 Likes

2001-2003 Akamatsu Aiki Q1

A very serious and grown up car meant for serious grown ups, with a peppy 1.1L N/A I3 with only 75hp, it made a frugal 65MPG with a strong 4 speed automatic gearbox for seriously purring down the city streets.

Ignore it’s oversized headlights and brightly coloured interior, this is a serious city car made for BUSINESS… despite this seriousness it only comes in a range of bright colours like Teal and Yellow, but still! This is a VERY serious car, grr!

12 Likes

hmmm cutified cityfied komahina

Ha ha! The name of your company Accolade reminds me of a 1988 Formula 1 racing simulator I played as a kid. And checked just recently to see if the Nordshleife track was on the track list. No, they only have the Hockenheimring.
And the name Accomatsu sounds like a Japanese special machinery Komatsu.

funny enough, Akamatsu is actually named after Kaede Akamatsu, the protagonist in Danganronpa V3.

2 Likes

1978-1984 Akamatsu Mountaineer (FJ700X Chassis)

A true cinderblock, the Mountaineer was one of the most reliable vehicles ever made by Akamatsu, powered by a carburated 3.5L N/A V6 with a measly 160HP, it won’t win races, and it’s not exactly gentle on the fuel bill, but atleast you’ll be driving around for the rest of eternity, and by around, we mean anywhere since you get a 5 speed manual transmission and 4WD as standard.

Looks don’t really matter when all you care about is getting the job done, but the Mountaineer still gets a few basic comforts like a radio and A/C system, and just a little bit out-of-date utilitarian styling, and don’t worry about hitting deer or committing vehicular homicide, the reinforced steel bumpers will easily take care of it for you.

The hardest thing to break in this absolute workhorse is the A/C system, and you’ll need to be shot by a tank to even put a dent in it.

9 Likes

Interesting, LWB Accolade sedan (the accolade had a sedan, right?), me likey.

1 Like

The Accolade only came in 2 door configurations (Atleast until the Accolade Crossover), the Andromeda is basically the saloon equivelent, minus the murderous intent.

But what about the salt lake city PD car? Not trying to contradict the creator, just confused.

That was a specially produced one-off concept for the SLCPD that didn’t end up being used.

1 Like

Ah, okay.

2022-2023 Akamatsu Accolade 8: Project Helltaker

A proper successor to the Accolade 7, shedding any remnants of it’s brief time as a boring crossover and finally being able to end one of Japan’s most iconic lineup of death cheating sports cars on a high note, equipped with a 5.0L Twin Turbo V8 with 550HP makes this beast the most powerful of her sisters.

To compliment her demon of an engine, this dragon has gained in size to dominate the track, the freeway, and just about anywhere when some unsuspecting victim challenges you to a race, with the signature angry look and sleek lines.

Accolade: Driven for Victory.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t the solaris and Acvolade cannibalize eachother?

The Solaris only lasted one generation (2001-2003) and was basically an Accolade for North America as the Accolade wasn’t (and isn’t) sold in the North American market.

hmmm, ok

1989-1998 Akamatsu Auria 2.0ZR

A fantastically underwhelming “sports” sedan that has a little bit of fire in her, but barely anything noticeable, with her 2.0L N/A DOHC I4 with maybe 120HP on a good day, you’ll get from A to B just a little bit quicker, but don’t expect to win a street race with that guy in the Accolade.

It’s not really something that’ll catch your next date’s eye either, apart from a new front lip, small foglights and a microscopic spoiler, there really isn’t a lot to note about the ZR, and it even still has hubcaps. But at least you get a 5 speed manual that can actually make this thing feel a little bit fun.

(Side note: The Auria will be replacing the Kobalt in terms of lore, so now according to the Akamatsu company timeline, there was no such car as the Kobalt, there was only the Auria… Literally Nineteen Eighty-Four.)

6 Likes