Akamatsu Motor Design Thread (赤松モーターデザインスレッド)

I think this thing is my personal favorite out of all the cars you have made so far

very adorable

3 Likes

two posts from me in a day? impossible.

2000-2004 Sapphire Premica Advance

The Premica Advance is a new trim introduced to replace the Prestige, as is the updated styling for 1998 to usher in the new millennium. Each new generation of Sapphire has its own special range of fancy-named trims for the execs to brag about at the Christmas party, from the Grand Star of the 60’s to the Celestia of the 80’s, but the Premica Advance brings something special to the party this year, slotted just below the Sportara in the performance range of trims, the Premica Advance has a tuned 3.0L NA V6 with 202HP paired to a 6 speed manual with a welded LSD. To complement the underpinnings, the Advance comes with a subtle spoiler, fender flares and stylish lightweight rims, alongside all the creature comforts you’ve come to expect as a proud Sapphire owner.

7 Likes

ehh why not, have a third one

1995 Sapphire Ascent 4WD
The third rarest trim behind the extremely rare Sportara and almost legendary GTR, although compared to the about 500 genuine* fifth gen. Sportaras and 35 GTR’s known to exist, there are about 395,000 fifth gen. Ascents, it came standard with 4WD and a 2.7L NA V6.

*You can get your regular Sapphire Verso (base model Sapphire, for low level execs only) dressed up as a Sportara for cheap, good luck finding something similar to the famously distinct V8 engine though :wink:

Speaking of, the Sportara has received a light revision, mainly tweaked suspension and drivetrain tuning, fixture optimization and a freshly engineered 4.6L V8 with 395HP still going to the rear wheels.

7 Likes

b

1993-1998 Frontier 4x4
The Frontier is indisputable proof. Proof that you have the intense urge to show that you aren’t some neurotic 25-year-old who sits in front of the 27 inch TV all day or an overzealous parent looking to force their dreams onto their children. No, you’re an adventurer, and the Frontier is built for adventure, just ignore the fact that anyone who drives one would probably piss themselves at the sight of anything beyond a dirt utility road.

Equipped with a 3.6L N/A V6 pushing about 178HP, its got the guts to get the kids to school, even if the route requires you to drive uphill both ways. Inside you’ll find plush seats for gritty mudrunning, air conditioning for sweltering days and freezing nights. All put in a package where plastic bumper trim, chrome bullbar, mud flaps, decals of some mountains and a full-size spare wheel come together to say “I don’t take my offroader offroad, I take it to soccer practice.”

4 Likes

reminds me of this

1 Like

Oof, ancient post’s come back to haunt me this christmas…

3 Likes

egg

me jumpscare

1995 Sapphire Verso LX
We get it, you’re a fresh-faced, wide-eyed middle manager, you’re not quite far enough up the corporate food chain for a Prestige, but you’re above the lowly cubicle slaves in their Personas, this is where the Sapphire Verso comes in, its a Sapphire that qualifies for luxury, but just about. A 2.4L 4 cylinder making 143HP, plastic trim and mirrors, foglight fillers and hubcaps, as well as the lack of electric sunroof might make you look your corporate position, but it still counts.

1997 Sapphire GTR “Accolade Edition”
…And now for the complete opposite of the Verso, the Sapphire GTR was conceived in a sleepy garage somewhere in Fukuoka in the Fall of 1997 by three Akamatsu Racing Team engineers, Teiichi Itomoto, Hikeki Konogawa, Kaito Kataharu, and Aoi “Accolade” Asakawa, Akamatsu’s best racing driver and one of the first female drivers at JGTC. Fitted with a 5.7L turbocharged V8 making a screaming 482HP, legend has it the GTR annihilated at least six transmissions during development. Donning an exclusive Striker Red paintjob, new bumpers, racing foglamps, quad exhausts, carbon fibre wheels, wing and a Sportara hood, as well as some GTR decals and badging. Only 35 were made.

7 Likes

2010-2019 (2014 Pre-facelift model shown) Sapphire Altion

Designed in Japan, built in Thailand, sold in America. A truly internationally appropriate Sapphire, albeit one of the most ordinary. The 7th generation Sapphire brings with it a certain flavour of ordinary, this is the car you see parked on nearly every street in every part of the world. Equipped with the standard range of engines, from the fuel sipping 2.4L N/A I4 to the top of the range 3.0L N/A V6 paired to either a 6 speed manual or 5 speed automatic, it truly is “the car of all time.”

1970-1976 Sapphire Royal Brougham Hardtop

And now for the Sapphire that came about when petrol was more expensive than god’s tears, the sequel to the massively successful Sapphire Grand Star. This is the obvious choice of rectangle for every greedy businessman and corrupt politician in Japan. Equipped with a 6 cylinder making about 140HP, its not exactly fast, but for the most part, its bulletproof, paired to a 4 speed automatic, it guarantees a smooth ride, so you won’t even feel the tires running over a poor wage slave worker or the political dissident who knows too much.

8 Likes

1987-1993 Persona 1.6 Tiara

The little brother to the more upmarket Sapphire for the junior exec, the Persona is for the cubicle-bound wage slave, equipped with basic things like a radio and a heater, you don’t get much more than that. The base-spec 1.6L (1.2L if you live in India, South Africa or southwest Detroit) N/A I4 with 103HP paired to either a 4 speed automatic or 5 speed manual transmission, this combo is fine, it starts every morning, it gets home every evening. If you can’t get your hands on a Sapphire but still want sturdy Japanese quality for a rock bottom sticker price, you get this Persona.

1987-1992 Persona 2.0RS 16V

Now we’re cookin’, the Persona 2.0RS is the red hot 133HP pocket rocket, powered by a 2.0L N/A I4 with… you guessed it, 133HP paired to a 5 speed manual, it can gap a base level Sapphire at the lights at the dash to the office parking lot. Plus, you look way cooler with your alloy wheels, red paintwork, fancy 16V side lettering, and not to mention the spoiler and twin exhaust… that you need a microscope to see, but they’re there.

1988-1993 Persona Solara Turbo RS

If the 2.0RS hatchback and its naturally aspirated glory doesn’t cut it for you, introduce the Persona Solara, basically the same car but a coupe with popup headlights, and a treat under the hood, the 2.0L I4, with a turbocharger strapped to it, boosting power up to 191HP, still paired to the 5 speed manual with some minor tweaks. This is the magnum opus of the Persona family, the halo car, the star.

7 Likes

An AWD version of the Persona Solara Turbo RS (which I’m assuming is FWD, just like its lesser brethren) would make a great homologation special for the WRC’s Group A category - one capable of taking the fight to the Lancia Delta HF Integrale of the same era.

Group A? Well, that’s what the Protera was built to be good at. :wink:

7 Likes

They could’ve used the '87 Persona as the basis for their WRC entry that year, and campaigned it for four seasons (1987-91) before moving to the Protera from 1992 onwards.

its 4:30am and i havent slept uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2010-2024 Persona 1.8 Verso (2018 Facelift)

Like most Hot Wheels cars, its made in Malaysia, and like Hot Wheels cars, its hot. Powered by the 1.8L NA I4 with 139HP, paired to a 5 speed automatic, its FWD, but it still has some good pickup, all of this presented in a Penang Blue package with aggressive yet refined styling, sporty alloy wheels and an itty bitty spoiler, all of this in the standard trim, just imagine what the upper Personas are like…

6 Likes

i’ve been busy

1968-1971 Sakura GT

Imagine, its 1969, and you’re in need of a sporty 2 door, but you don’t want the same European sports cars everyone else has, you want to be special, unique, contrarian. Enter the Sakura GT, the new sleek and sporty model from that Japanese company that less than three decades ago was building war machines to blow you and your country to bits, equipped with a 2.0L NA I6 producing 176HP, paired to a 5 speed manual for maximum driving enjoyment. Comes standard with luxury leather seats, sport steering wheel and AM radio, as well as sporty alloy wheels and a variety of colours that won’t become tacky in less than ten years.

1979-1983 Persona 1.6 Liftback

Imagine the most boring car you’ve ever seen, then there’s the second generation Persona. It’s now the early 1980’s, and worshipping the triangle and rectangle is in vogue at the moment. Maximum squares, violent corners, even a few triangles sprinkled in. The liftback is just like the saloon, down to the 1.6L NA I4 with about 90HP, except more practical and more triangular. It’s got aerodynamic hubcaps if that’s anything to brag about.

1993-1997 Persona Aerio

Wow, its 10 years in the future, it’s 1993 and you’re in the market for a sedan, particularly a Japanese sedan, you’re not businessman enough for a Sapphire, but you’re not enough of an idiot to buy a second-hand American rectangle, no, you’re into aerodynamics. The new Persona is styled to look like its big sister, featuring aero-y bits like alloy wheels… and thats it. The engine, a 1.8L NA I4 with 106HP, paired to a 5 speed manual, is new! Well, it’s an improved version of the 1.8L engine that appeared in the previous generation Persona, but still.

10 Likes

woahw

2022-2024 Sakura R

The pinnacle of Japanese engineering, refinement and borderline insanity. The Sakura R is a testament to how if you give your engineers a blank check and tell them to do whatever they want, they’ll prove that they’re a bunch of complete maniacs, powered by a twin turbocharged 5.5L aluminium V8 producing 985HP paired to a 7 speed dual-clutch transmission, as well as being RWD and having perfect 50/50 weight distribution, it’s certainly a car that makes a statement, and a sound. The inside isn’t as nice as a Sapphire, but its still fairly plush while still being fairly stripped out for weight. The exterior features red accents, carbon fibre wheel and a fancy R badge on the back. Comes in Midnight Black, Storm Grey, Striker Red and Pure White, by the way, Striker Red costs an extra $5,000 and carbon fibre wheels an extra $15,000, but for a car already costing $198,000, I’m sure you can afford to pay just that little bit extra.

10 Likes

nice nsx

If the NC1 NSX had been a full-on hypercar instead of an entry-level supercar, in all likelihood it would have resembled the Sakura R, twin-turbo V8 and all.

1966-1972 Persona 1200 Tiara

Where it all began, replacing the dinky A10, the first generation Persona was the Japanese working man’s car, the Americans aren’t exactly ready to buy an Asian import instead of an American-made landbarge, but give it ten years and a war on Yom Kippur, and they’ll come running for the fuel sipping 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5L NA I4 making 40-75HP, paired to a 4 or 5 speed manual, all adding up to just a fuel economy figure of 5.5L/100km, or about 42MPG. All in a 5 seater package for a ¥320,000 (about $2,150) sticker price.

7 Likes