Am I missing something?

Hey, been playing with the Lite Campaign for a couple days now, and I’ve never been able to make a sale - ever. Doesn’t matter if I’m a little competitive or a lot, and a little cheap or very expensive, I never, ever make a sale. The first couple times were my fault (Went after a market that didn’t exist), but afterwards, I went for the City Car market from Fruinia, and no matter what, I would bankrupt before even one person would buy the car. Then I thought, “Maybe there’s a glitch with the City Car catagory” and made a fairly competitive Utility vehicle on my next playthrough, which also failed to sell even a single example.

I’m also struggling with matching engine production to cars. While I end up producing thousands upon thousands of cars in stock, I only ever have a dozen or so engines in stock. This is despite the fact that when I’m actually setting up the process, I should be producing more engines than cars (40.3 compared to 40).

Somebody please pretend I’m GM and bail me out here.

Are your cars still in the engineering phase when you go bankrupt? Or maybe your safety or something else did not conform to the region regulations by the time it hit the market?

1 Like

Maybe you spend too much on factories and go bankrupt before car is even finished? happened to me once…

2 Likes

All the cars you have in stock are finished which a finished car has an engine in it so your total engines in stock would be cars in stock+engines in stock. The engine stock that is given is just your extra engines that dont have a car to go in.

2 Likes

What competitiveness scores were your cars getting on the market screen in the designers? Because cars sell only if you have more than 50 competitiveness in the current time they are in. In case you make super awful cars compared to what difficulty you play on, indeed you end up with zero sales.

To everyone asking if I’m bankrupting way too fast, no, I still have about $400,000,000 left over (From 1,000,000,000), and it will take quite a while to bankrupt (Though it also means I can’t even start my second car, because the factories/engineering costs would be too much). But it doesn’t matter, without sales, I’m in a death spiral.

Well, in my last playthrough, I had a city car that was 70.1 in its best catagory, and 62.3 in its second best. And they were both valid catagories for the time and location. I don’t recall the exact amounts of affordability, but I always keep them north of 75%.

Thank you! Was not aware of that. I was looking at it as though they were stock of each.

Anyways, going to try re-verifying steam’s cache, maybe see if one of the mods I have accidentally changed something.

1 Like

Well, in my last playthrough, I had a city car that was 70.1 in its best catagory, and 62.3 in its second best. And they were both valid catagories for the time and location. I don’t recall the exact amounts of affordability, but I always keep them north of 75%.

If that is in the design phase then you certainly will have a very hard time selling anything after engineering is finished and should lower the desirability slider on the setup screen. In the design phase on the final market screens before signing off on a project your cars should have ~100 competitiveness or higher for smooth gameplay. 3 years down the line after engineering your competitiveness will have dropped a lot from these first values.

2 Likes

Aw man, I’ve become a noob. The dev’s advice is “git gud”! :joy:

1 Like