AMWEC '15 [Finished]

From 2012 to 2015.

ok

Since there’s not discussion about the rules, the entries are now open.
Please check the OP for more info, like de deadline and the rules for revisions.

Just had a look into the calculations, they seem adequate, with only one issue: the car seems to crash far too often. There were three consecutive laps in which the cars crashed in the example you sent. That is far from realistic. And one other thing, the car went to the pits and got repaired at the very last lap. I don’t think any driver ever would do that.

Also, I see that fuel weight and tyre wear don’t influence the lap times at all. I tried to simulate these before and they are indeed a big pain in the ass, so I won’t complain about not including them.

Edit: Just noticed the fuel pressure indicator, I reckon you meant litres per lap, rather than litres per second.

[quote=“Leonardo9613”]Just had a look into the calculations, they seem adequate, with only one issue: the car seems to crash far too often. There were three consecutive laps in which the cars crashed in the example you sent. That is far from realistic. And one other thing, the car went to the pits and got repaired at the very last lap. I don’t think any driver ever would do that.

Also, I see that fuel weight and tyre wear don’t influence the lap times at all. I tried to simulate these before and they are indeed a big pain in the ass, so I won’t complain about not including them.

Edit: Just noticed the fuel pressure indicator, I reckon you meant litres per lap, rather than litres per second.[/quote]

Yes! I still have some balancing to do, specially with the probabilities of minor accidents, because as you said, those happen very often! And the pit stop on the last lap is a really pain in the ass as it can make you lose the race. Those are really easy fixes, so I think the final version of the spreadsheed will be available maybe next sunday o next monday.

I can try to add the fuel weight and tyre wear as well (I just first need to know how those will affect the lap times), but those calculations will be implemented in the next version of the spreadsheet (in another competition) along with some pit strategy options.

That indicator (1.1401 liters per second) actually means the flow rate at wich the tank fuel is refueled. According to the FIA WEC rules, the fuel should be pumped from a height of 1 or 2 meters through a pipe of 2.5 inches.

EDIT: Today VMO updated his old mods. I personally checked most of them, and the cooling multiplier seems alright (in the same ballpark as other custom mods and vanilla grills).

[quote=“Sillyworld”]

[quote=“Leonardo9613”]Just had a look into the calculations, they seem adequate, with only one issue: the car seems to crash far too often. There were three consecutive laps in which the cars crashed in the example you sent. That is far from realistic. And one other thing, the car went to the pits and got repaired at the very last lap. I don’t think any driver ever would do that.

Edit: Just noticed the fuel pressure indicator, I reckon you meant litres per lap, rather than litres per second.[/quote]

Yes! I still have some balancing to do, specially with the probabilities of minor accidents, because as you said, those happen very often! And the pit stop on the last lap is a really pain in the ass as it can make you lose the race. Those are really easy fixes, so I think the final version of the spreadsheed will be available maybe next sunday o next monday.

I can try to add the fuel weight and tyre wear as well (I just first need to know how those will affect the lap times), but those calculations will be implemented in the next version of the spreadsheet (in another competition) along with some pit strategy options.

That indicator (1.1401 liters per second) actually means the flow rate at wich the tank fuel is refueled. According to the FIA WEC rules, the fuel should be pumped from a height of 1 or 2 meters through a pipe of 2.5 inches.

EDIT: Today VMO updated his old mods. I personally checked most of them, and the cooling multiplier seems alright (in the same ballpark as other custom mods and vanilla grills).[/quote]

also noticed that the lap counter doesn’t change (stay’s at 440 laps for me)

for that you would need to add or remove lines, he cut the calculations when the 24h had passed as there was no need to know what the car would do after those.

Also, @sillyworld, my bad about the fuel pressure, About tyre wear, you’d rather not mess with those, they really are a nightmare. I worked with Jakgoe and strop to make a challenge that simulated those, and just as we were ready to go, der bayer came up with his brc, which was infinitely better structured and easier on his side, as he automated the file reading process. Anyway, I don’t think it is worth the bother for a sheet based challenge.

[quote=“UMGaming”]
also noticed that the lap counter doesn’t change (stay’s at 440 laps for me)[/quote]

I already fixed that, but I haven’t updated the spreadsheed, so wait for the final version in a couple of days.

Too late, I’m working at that now :laughing: we’ll see how it goes…

Update: In other news, I updated the OP. Now the schedule for the race is up and VMO’s mods are allowed.
I checked the new luas for the VMOs’s mods, and the cooling multiplier values were between 0.2 to 0.7. The higher was a grill with 0.9. I compared those values with some others grilles and vents (from the workshop and vanilla) and all are around the same values.

Well…

Kraft Haus Technik is coming to AMWEC
I just need to finalize some last minute tweaks and changes… tomorrow, since it’s night time by now

1 Like

I just updated the OP. The final version of the spreadsheet is up, so you can check it.
Some minor tweeks were done. Now the weight of the fuel tankl affects the lap time, and some “pit strategy” will be required. Check the OP for more info.

waiiiitttttt
those price limit… that’s for the race trim?

if it’s sooooo… then i just totally derped

How badly are you over budget? :slight_smile:

If I where to take a guess, (because I had this issue as well) they didn’t see the budget, because it’s hidden at the bottom, so they just went “Carbon fiber +15 Everywherrre!!!” Which is why you always have to eye the rules very carefully in these things :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“squidhead”]

How badly are you over budget? :slight_smile:[/quote]

about 89000 total cost
not as bad… i didn’t use carbon fiber and +15 everywhere

and i was making the AGTE class car. so instead of just redoing it from zero, i just need to redo an entire trim

nah… it’s just… there’s only 1 price limit, i thought the price limit was for the production car… not the race car…

I’ve done a quick test as an AP2 entry, and I find it rather hard to reach the 900KG limit. The closest I could get was when I built a 3.3L engine weighing around 90kg or so. Seems to be a bug as I couldn’t replicate this?

I was a few grands over the price limit aswell, but not as bad as koolkei

I’ll try to spend more time on it, but I can’t guarantee having a proper entry before the deadline.

Has anyone managed to have a 900KG car under the 30K price? And is it that hard or I’m just being a noob who can’t just make proper lightweight cars? :smiley:

I wouldn’t say alot of bodies can manage it, and I guess it would reduce the variety between every opponent? Well at least the F40 look-alike (80’s supercar bodywork?) has hard times going at the weight limit.

I just compensated for extra weight with extra grunt :slight_smile:

[quote=“iRaptor”]I’ve done a quick test as an AP2 entry, and I find it rather hard to reach the 900KG limit. The closest I could get was when I built a 3.3L engine weighing around 90kg or so. Seems to be a bug as I couldn’t replicate this?

I was a few grands over the price limit aswell, but not as bad as koolkei

I’ll try to spend more time on it, but I can’t guarantee having a proper entry before the deadline.

Has anyone managed to have a 900KG car under the 30K price? And is it that hard or I’m just being a noob who can’t just make proper lightweight cars? :smiley:

I wouldn’t say alot of bodies can manage it, and I guess it would reduce the variety between every opponent? Well at least the F40 look-alike (80’s supercar bodywork?) has hard times going at the weight limit.[/quote]

I just ran a quick test as well, and it is possible, I make 800ish kg car under 30,000 so it is possible (with safety of 52), but diffcult and you compromise some aspects of the car. Try to choose a quite small car body and choose carefully the panel and chassis materials, and you will get pretty close. Remember that 900kg is the minimum weight, there’s not a maximum weight set.

I will include the prices in the OP so this doesn’t happen again :laughing:

oops, I should specify that. The cost is for the race trim, your production car can be more expensive, and even more powerful (like some GTE cars that are detuned in comparision to the production version).

Oh I see. Yeah the car body I chose isn’t small at all for sure. I will surely spend more time on it as soon as I can. But yeah it seemed logical that 900kg was the min weight and not a max weight. But Light is Right :wink:

Just noticed something on AP2 rules. If you have a production car with your company, you can effectively take the loophole of using the engine of that car to allow the use of a bigger engine than allowed, and therefore being able to use 5L turbo engines, which seems to be under the rules? I know power is limited but it would make for some serious torque/economy monsters it seems :open_mouth:

[quote=“squidhead”]

I just compensated for extra weight with extra grunt :slight_smile:[/quote]

Well I could go for that, but Mr Chapman will probably not be happy :confused:

[quote=“iRaptor”]Just noticed something on AP2 rules. If you have a production car with your company, you can effectively take the loophole of using the engine of that car to allow the use of a bigger engine than allowed, and therefore being able to use 5.5L turbo engine, which seems to be under the rules? I know power is limited but it would make for some serious torque/economy monsters it seems :open_mouth:
[/quote]

Acctually for the AP2, both production and “original” engines are set to 5000 cc maximum. I think is not quite explicit or clear, but if you take an exisiting engine, you’re supposed to modify it to meet the regulations (2015 variant, NA 5000cc turbo 3299 cc, loudness 70, etc). That’s why the rules are divided in “eligibility” and “regulations”. Acctually there is a loophole (that can give you a quite special bonus) but is not that one.

[quote=“iRaptor”]

Well I could go for that, but Mr Chapman will probably not be happy :/[/quote]

A 900 kg can have a maximum of 495 hp, wich is acctually quite low, a little bit of weight can give you more power for those really long straights (le mans, green hell) :slight_smile: