AMWEC '15 [Finished]

POWEEEEEERRRRR

but more Grunt takes the Run :smiley:

atleast. thatā€™s the approach im trying to doā€¦ since small and light and agile cars takes a lot of fine tuning that im not good at. im gonna try going brute force

[quote=ā€œSillyworldā€]Acctually for the AP2, both production and ā€œoriginalā€ engines are set to 5000 cc maximum. I think is not quite explicit or clear, but if you take an exisiting engine, youā€™re supposed to modify it to meet the regulations (2015 variant, NA 5000cc turbo 3299 cc, loudness 70, etc). Thatā€™s why the rules are divided in ā€œeligibilityā€ and ā€œregulationsā€. Acctually there is a loophole (that can give you a quite special bonus) but is not that one.
[/quote]

Well I edited my post just before you replied as I noticed I put 5.5L instead of 5L. But now I catch the whole thing. I thought that having a production car would give an unfair advantage engine wise :stuck_out_tongue:
But it seemed unclear as the AP2 Word page actually stats the max displacement is 5L, and any aspiration is allowed.

Green Hell is not all about straights though :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=ā€œkoolkeiā€]but more Grunt takes the Run

atleast. thatā€™s the approach im trying to doā€¦ since small and light and agile cars takes a lot of fine tuning that im not good at. im gonna try going brute force[/quote]

I donā€™t think Iā€™m going to be anywhere close to the 900KG limit with the body I want so I might have to use more power indeed. Power wonā€™t be an issue, but packaging is.

Still got plenty of time to take care of it though :smiley:

Brief update.
The regulations in the OP are now in both metric and imperial system.

This is going to be great. I wonā€™t know the results for the first three races until the 20th of December. Yay for travelling!

Anyway my bananas will probably place quite low, due to quite a bit of weight and not that much power. GG me.

Weā€™re not so sure whether Scirocco Racing will be able to build their entry in time. Although the Avantis-HHC is done, we are not happy by the way our project is going. We are not looking forward having a prototype entry with a car body that has nothing to with the essences of this group of cars and we have hard times having a proper trim going near the weight limit. And our very small team of designers, chiefs, engineers and mechanics, all having side projects, will face hard times combining the build of our entry and doing what they have to do?

We have already set our development path and we still have a long way to go before being at the limit of our potential. The chassis in itself is still too heavy for our taste, our engine still has some throttle issues and the car costs too much. Thankfully some points which are pushed thoroughly are already set at a proper level.

We will be hoping to finish every races without any major incident. Weā€™ve set the bar very high due to the fact that the AMWEC is one of our very first championship, and all of our competitors are much more experienced than we are, especially when it comes to very powerful cars or breaking lap records.

Meliora Automotive is glad to present their new AP1 car, the M128.
Maybe Meliora has almost not reputation as a racing car builder, but with this project we expect to gain a respectable place and prove the potential of our engineering.

Now, for the AP2 class, Meliora Motorsport a division of Meliora automotive, presents the M8-R.

(Iā€™m publishing the stats so you can see that my cars accomplish the regulations)

seeing the car post hereā€¦ i cant help but let out my chuckle and gigglesā€¦

i obsessed the ā€˜enduranceā€™ part, to the point that iā€¦ maybe i deserve a titleā€¦

[size=85]* my AGTE car to be submitted[/size]

like ā€˜you canā€™t out-strop stropā€™. but itā€™s me ā€˜you cant out-koolkei koolkeiā€™ā€¦ no?

[size=85]or[/size][size=75] maybe [/size][size=65]iā€™ll[/size] [size=55]just[/size] [size=45]shut[/size][size=35] up[/size]

TL;DR i made a tank**

iā€™ve been trying to make the car for AP2ā€¦ how the hell do you get the weight to be that lowā€¦ it seems impossible for me to get below 1ton
itā€™s just impossible unless i use carbon fibre, which is over the top expensive, which couldā€™ve been used for putting more somewhere else

I also had issues going anywhere near 940KG. With some quick fixes I went to struggle keeping the car over 900KG while cutting costs. It was a bit hard but Iā€™ve finally done it. I still need to work on some other points though.

And Iā€™m full on carbon fiber.

^
tried that. glued aluminum chassis+polymer panel adds up to around 15-17k on my first rough draft
full carbon fibre chassis+panel? up to 30k. so not much space for components improvements

so i said fudge that, into the bin it goes, im going heavy load.

alsoā€¦ could anyone explain to me how that excel/spreadsheets work?

i input my car data lap and tire choice on the left. well thatā€™s pretty much all i understand

• how do i get my time for 1 lap and the flying lap?
  • how do i get it to count more than 2 laps?
  • ā€˜brake sportiness combinedā€™ is what in-game?

this is another total derp for meā€¦ i just finished the cars for all 3 classesā€¦ but havent tested any of them on the spreadsheets yetā€¦ turns out. i dont even know how to excel

Do like I did. This is fairly complicated but Iā€™ll try my best to explain it step by step

1. Build a car
  2. Make sure itā€™s compliant with all the rules
  3. Send it over to participate in the series
  4. Hope for the best
  5. You are now officially on your way to become Top Gearā€™s ā€œAmbitious but rubbishā€ project :smiley:

[quote=ā€œkoolkeiā€]how the hell do you get the weight to be that lowā€¦ it seems impossible for me to get below 1ton
itā€™s just impossible unless i use carbon fibre[/quote]

[quote=ā€œiRaptorā€]I also had issues going anywhere near 940KG. With some quick fixes I went to struggle keeping the car over 900KG while cutting costs. It was a bit hard but Iā€™ve finally done itā€¦
And Iā€™m full on carbon fiber.[/quote]

Just mix carbon fiber with other light material. My first attempt for the AP2 class weighted less than 900 kg, I had to add weight.
Small car + small engine = light car :laughing:
Also keep in mind that some of the fancy stuff in the suspension tab adds weight.

For the flying lap time I will add a dowload link with the tracks with flying lap added to them :slight_smile:

He he he, itā€™s a little bit tricky (and cumbersome). First, check that you activate iterative calculations. Then, select from C23 to AG23, then drag all the way down to around row 600. Look for Z21 cell and select true, then false. Then scroll down until you see a cell with value in a red box in the enlapsed time column, that is your final lap. Just erase everything below that. Finally go to cell k15, select it and click enter, that will update the value. PROFIT. Itā€™s quite a derped system, but is quite easy to use once you understand it. I will probably will do a special program later instead of using spreadsheets :blush: .

The brake sportiness value from the front and the rear combined :laughing:

EDIT: Iā€™ll do a little video explaining how to use the spreadsheet.
EDIT 2: I just realized that thereā€™s no Fuji speedway circuit in automation yet, so, Iā€™m making it too.

[quote=ā€œSillyworldā€]Just mix carbon fiber with other light material. My first attempt for the AP2 class weighted less than 900 kg, I had to add weight.
Small car + small engine = light car
Also keep in mind that some of the fancy stuff in the suspension tab adds weight.[/quote]

Mine is as I wanted now. Iā€™ll get some tweaks underway when the engineers and I have free time :stuck_out_tongue:

I know I can shed some good weight on some parts, and if I manage what I have in mind then Iā€™ll be quite happy :smiley:

Both of my entries are full carbon fiber, and both weigh about 50-100kg over the weight minimum. And they are both under-budget.

Well I must Admit that takes a Lot Of skill, I canā€™t Imagine What corners need to be cut in order to achieve that. As a matter of fact, one of my cars was overpowered for itā€™s weight, so I Dropped Carbon Fiber Completely. It Either Makes Me Very Brave Or Incredibly Dumb.

My ā€œCost Cuttingā€ was a small, low-power engine. Not that hard.

Iā€™ve just done a small article on the AMWEC. if anyone would like to do an interview, Iā€™ll send you the questions. If anyone wishes to tease their cars looks as well, send me an image. Iā€™ll be covering this event closely (after December 20th, that is)

Article is here on page 2: automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewto ā€¦ 308#p87308

tried it. nope. itā€™s a whole 7 seconds slower than my heavier car in the green hellā€¦ and the heavier one is also more reliable.
up to 15 minor accidents before it needs a repair.

in case anyone wondering. the final weight of it end up closer to 1200Kg, and itā€™s also less than a second slower than my AP1 carā€¦

alsoā€¦ it seems every major accident is unrepairable. so what happens then? there seems to be A LOT of them in my sheets