Apex Automotive World Racing Cup S1 - Unfortunate Happenings

Vehicle Name: Traveller
Vehicle championship: Spec S
Vehicle file:Crank Traveller.zip (45.7 KB)
Vehicle Brand: Crank Engineering
Company Forum: Nil
Which race: 1
I agree that my car platform, model, and engine, that I have submitted here, will be used in only the race I have selected for the championships that I have selected. I agree that I may win or lose, and that I will not under any circumstances be an annoying kid if my car doesn’t win. I agree to volunteer information if I believe a statistic is wrong and I am able to provide proof that the statistic I believe is wrong, is wrong. I also agree that these terms may change at any time and I can be held liable for them, and that it is my responsibility to check up upon these terms.
Signed,
Spool.

I will participate I and I have a car ready

Company FMU

Races: any that matches the car’s specs

I will be running spec street S
FMU Bagual 300 AARC.rar (29.6 KB)

I don’t understand this:
Automation Test Track - Done!
0…Example…1:23.45
1…Traveller…2:19.25
2…Montes Skyfall S….2:40.36

0…Example…0 points
1…Skyfall S…**25 **points
2…Traveller…20 points

I must admit that unless theres been a change in the rules or I’ve lost points for something I’m completely unaware of, that this scoring system does seem a bit odd. I thought there was more then two entries but the example is still present - it’s a little misleading.

Due to the inactivity of the events organisers, Crank Engineering must withdraw from the competition to free up time for other pursuits. Thankyou for the challenge.

I didn’t enter this challenge purely due to the fact that it seemed a bit complicated with all this ‘overtime if needed’ stuff, and seeing the scoring and the distinct lack of info from Ronnie, It seems like this challenge really needed to be more refined so everything can run smoothly without constantly having to clear things up regarding rules and such with the competitors.

I like the idea though, and I think with further planning, and if more entries are submitted, it could well be a great forum contest. But I think the reason there was such a small response for this challenge was because Der Bayer’s Bavarian Rallye Challenge was so much more smoother, the way everything was presented looked much more professional and the nature of the challenge gave the competitors motivation to keep improving and trying to do better than their rivals.

Also, I don’t think the ‘season’ should carry on for as long as it’s stated currently, especially if we’re required to submit a new entry for each race. I think this makes the competition slightly tedious, because people will most likely end up with a similar performing car to the one from the previous race, with maybe a slight tweaking.

I’m sorry for the huge rant, I like the concept of this idea, but I just think it could have been carried out a lot better, and I would love to see this challenge become one of the big ones like the BRC. Rant over :slight_smile:.

^^Agreed! I like the idea, and even most of the guidelines. I don’t need a second job though. :wink:

[quote=“vmo”]I don’t understand this:
Automation Test Track - Done!
0…Example…1:23.45
1…Traveller…2:19.25
2…Montes Skyfall S….2:40.36[/quote]

0…Example…0 points
1…Skyfall S…**25 **points
2…Traveller…20 points

Oops! Small messup on my part :stuck_out_tongue: