ARBC4 - Emergency Sharing (closed)

How we looking for this?

Yeah, Fantastish! The exterior has just got out of the 80s, but this era itself reflects the vision of the sixtiers and boomers.
It is difficult not to notice the general consistency of the details, perhaps it was developed for a specific group.

is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

Judging, at last.

Some quick words first

God I’m so sorry for just disappearing from here and the ad challenge, been having a hard time the past four months, and it didn’t let up after September like I thought it would. And instead of at least letting people know with a “Hey, I’m in a bad way right now so you may not see results for a while” I let the sadbrain win like the dumbass I am :pensive:

Because it’s so late, there’s been at least one update that changed stats between now and when all the cars were submitted, so for the sake of fairness cost and stats will just be flavour text (which I’m pretty sure will be saving some people lmao, I don’t think costs have gone up by nearly $4k :^) )

Planar HQ in Sydney, Australia

After an extended smoko, Planar’s board finally got the four proposal mules together to discuss their forced sharing.

“Alright mates, I know we all want to get this over with, but we’ve gotta give these four proposals a proper look-over, so we can get the best choice possible”.

Of course, that was met with moaning from the rest of the board, imagine having to do actual work…

“Alright, first up is the Fischer Flavorous Premium”.

“Boss! Davo’s already asleep!”

“Ugh, of course. But that dumbass has a point, while it’s stately and classy, it’s stately and classy for 1980, not 1990. Kinda odd interior too, with the richer tan leather and odd steering wheel, but it’s pretty pleasant. Is interesting that they sent a Letaran market mule though”.

“Had my engineering boys look over all of these, the Fischer’s turbo six makes a heap of power, about the same as our RX V12 even, but the SM40 chassis just can’t keep up with it well so it’s not the sportiest of the bunch. Efficient, though”.

“Okay, next is the Montagne Pyrénées S. It’s-”

“French. Need I remind you of those unsavoury comparisons we had to deal with?”

“…Yes, you don’t need to remind me. Utter pain to get the SM40 reliable enough to not be called the Aussie attempt at French reliability, but Montagne looks like they’ve got their shit together. Good quality, interesting looks, and it doesn’t sacrifice too much for its bit of extra sportiness”.

“Yeah, it’s only some minor changes, and the boys were pretty disappointed to see an RXO under the bonnet, but it makes our job easier so who cares”.

“Now we’ve got the Matsuma Figus, and what else can I say other than “it’s a looker”?”

“Yeah mate, really slick, but it’s pretty plain too. Design boys wanted to add a bunch of stuff, but I’m not sure. I think it really just needs some badging. Rear looks stunning though, and it really works with the SM40 shape to make something truly good looking”.

“You know, you’re probably right there. Macca, what about the engineering side?”

“Pretty alright. Smaller V6 with a bit less power than our RXO, but very similar driving dynamics otherwise. Only thing to note is the economy being the worst of the bunch, but who cares about that really”.

“Alright, last one now, the Francisco Anaconda 48/32ic, and- ah, Davo’s up!”

“Yeah mate, bit hard to keep snoozing when one of yous is revving shit like that. What is it even, anyway?”

“Yeah nah Francisco went a bit wild with it, a small 3.2L V12, and we just couldn’t help but rev it to see how it compared to our RX. It’s surprisingly tame though, and the rest of the car follows that trend too, wild, but at the same time surprisingly tame looks, although the interior’s a bit interesting. Spindly little sports wheel and very chunky wood”.

“As Mike said, the V12 is an interesting little beast. Surprisingly quiet, even a little quieter than our RXO, and making about the same power, but the car’s MUCH more engaging. About as peppy as the SM40 chassis can get without sacrificing too much, and the easiest car to drive here today. By far the least comfortable though, although it’s not anywhere near as bad as our own EX-S. Quite French though, and the reliability is questionable at best”.

“Alright, time for another smoko, get back out here in an hour and we’ll make our choice”.

And so, the board went off to do nothing for an hour think over their choices…

Results:
  1. @the-chowi with the Montagne Pyrénées S. Really quite solid. The only negative I could really come up with is that it might look a touch dated, but that’s down to the body more than anything.
  2. @mart1n2005 with the Matsuma Figus. Was just a bit too bland for its own good. If it had that badging on the front it would be competing for the win, and probably coming out on top.
  3. @Restomod with the Francisco Anaconda 48/32ic. Very close call with the Matsuma. Only really done in by looking like an 80’s coke fuelled insanemobile when they were going out of fashion.
  4. @azkaalfafa with the Fischer Flavorous Premium. Like I said earlier, very impressively detailed and well done, but about ten years out of step. It looks like what the Danazine would at that point, a ruthlessly updated car from the early 80’s still sold in 1990.

Congratulations to the winner, and sorry yet again for disappearing for so long with this!
7 Likes

Worth the wait for the write ups I feel, congratulations to the winner.

Badging is something I always seem to miss unless I put it right at the front of my mind. I’m happy with the feedback anyway, the tail lights are something I will probably use on another car too tbh

Edit

I can host if “the winner” doesn’t want to

3 Likes

they don’t
150164edc7f28a716bfceae9dd58cf2c-coolface-trollface-meme

i feel like we’d be ping-ponging between a few hosts if i were to host, so i think you should take it, see if you can breathe new life into the challenge, seeing as the past couple of rounds didn’t get too many participants.

Great round though, lotto, it was fun to work with something a bit older and out of my wheelhouse. The base design is great and the freedom for changes was good as well.

5 Likes

The review was spot on, you don’t get more cocaine than Francisco :stuck_out_tongue: I have no doubt they will go on and design a whole new Anaconda and lose all of their remaining money because of it anyway since they need an entry-level model to the range.

Dearly hope your situation improves. Hats off to you for making such a unique prompt out of a challenge series where it is hard to be different, and for great reviews.

2 Likes