[ARM] Automation RestoMod Chapter 21: The Tale of Two Brothers [CLOSED - COMPLETED]

Well, mentioning me as an example of a free visual part is maybe not the best thing to do, since I am pretty sure that a Baur conversion will give you a body modification penalty…

if we’re deliberating rules, i also think that these should be the same price

most of the cost in changing an engine is fabricating new mounts and exhaust, so changing orientation and swapping the engine altogether shouldnt have a significant price difference, if any at all

Rules deliberation is over…

well shit

Is this a radical change to the looks?

3 Likes

Okay, so I do apologise for changing it last minute, however, I also don’t believe many people would realistically ask for a reduction in budget during deliberation so is unlikely to come up as a topic.

The logic for the price drop:

1. The individuals in question are Jason (not currently working) and Gav (young 25yo) - they’re not going to be able to afford to do a concourse restore with a modern engine and all the trimmings! This is an attempt at making a realistic scenario where you would potentially be looking at a 2nd hand ~2000s engine or something that is more ‘middle tier’.

2. I managed to throw together a car with minimal levels of angst that didn’t need many compromises at all within the original budget.

3. I am more a fan of realism than min-max engineering. In my experience, a budget that feels just a bit too tight tends to lead to a more real-world accurate outcome.

Do you mean the fender flares? If just them then I would say no.

1 Like

well, it’s more about springing it last minute. 30k for a car in 2022 is fairly reasonable. that’s less than a contemporary mustang GT, for example, and not even close to a corvette or something. it just seems a little odd to not be able to fit, say, a bmw z3’s i6 M54 engine into the budget (one of my backups when the LT1 wouldn’t squeeze in financially)

EDIT: if you ignore the -2 quality thing, you can do a lot. Such as swap in a crappy but bigger motor, a la LT1… which I can’t accurately reproduce in the current rules.

What’s the deal with changing the spring and damper type? Is that the same cost as the suspension change

No that’s fine, it’s if you change the suspension layout in the initial screen where it has the chassis type and material and engine placement etc

2 Likes

1975 BDW 316 - Lightning Garage

Gallery

Stats

13 Likes

Getting close to 5 days left before the deadline :slight_smile:

Have received entries so far from:
@Knugcab
@Ch_Flash
@ldub0775 / @AMuteCrypt (note missing an advert in this thread)

1 Like

god i hate photoshop. i hate it with the burning fiery passion of a thousand stars.

Design and Engineering: @ldub0775
Tuning: @AMuteCrypt

10 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

Restomod Edition

210hp 2.4L I4 swap (S14)

0-60 6.1s

Lighter racing stance wheels

Moderinsed parts

Limited slip diff

Modern safety systems

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
11 Likes

Submissions close in almost ~1.5 days.

Have received entries so far from:
@Knugcab
@Ch_Flash
@ldub0775 / @AMuteCrypt
@Riley
@HelloHi

Sportiness meets emotion. Emotion meets versatility. Start the engine and light the world on fire.

10 Likes

I don’t understand the challenge what exactly do I do?

take the original car and modify it according to the rules in the brief

2 Likes

YAS 316iA by Garage Citronné

List of mods

• DOHC head swap for more efficiency and 120 hp
  • Yas Marina blue with pinstripes
  • 5- speed refurbished Automatic transmission
  • Refurbished leather interior with AC and upgraded navigation unit
  • Cool wheels forgot which ones
Make Bavaria Blue Again

6 Likes

Submissions for ARM21 are closed!