Armada Motor Company

[size=200]WELCOME TO ARMADA MOTOR COMPANY[/size]
[size=150]Welcome to the very place where YOU can find all of your car needs for the '90’s. We range from Sports cars to Family sedans. Take your pick, and you won’t be disappointed.
This thread will be the place where you can find all car designs and engine designs. Our cars will include detailed information about the body and the engine.[/size]

[size=200]'91 GENESIS COUPE MKI[/size]

[size=150]The Genesis Coupe for '91 is an elegant design that started from mock-up to magic. From the beautifully crafted aerodynamic design to the roaring exhaust, Genesis won’t disappoint. Coming in at just 141 horses of power, the engine doesn’t do all of the work. The aerodynamic design allows air flow all over the car, producing feather-light weight which boosts performance.[/size]

[size=150]Price: $291,600

Listen to the roar of the 6-cylinder here: http://youtu.be/fBPVB1cAre8.[/size]

[size=200]Specifications[/size]

[size=200]View[/size]

[size=150]Rear[/size]

[size=150]Side[/size]

[size=150]Engine[/size]

I like it. I’m not too sure if it looks like it’s from 1991 but it’s pretty mean looking.

You NEED to improve that engine. :smiley:

The Design is kinda cool.

[size=200]'91 OPHIDIAN COUPE[/size]

[size=150]The new Ophidian Coupe for '91 brings a new meaning to the word “power.” Ophidian doesn’t just only display a sleek design, but provides astonishing power through the 608 hp V8 engine with a top speed of 183 mph, while only utilizing natural aspiration. Using our new Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and our new Traction Control System (TCS), you’ll have a great advantage on the race track.

Price: $54,000

Listen to the roar of the V8 here: http://youtu.be/J9TAZhG41y4
[/size]

[size=150]Performance Statistics[/size]

[size=150]Trim Statistics[/size]

[size=150]Test Track Statistics[/size]

[size=200]View[/size]
[size=150]Rear[/size]

[size=150]Side[/size]

[size=150]Engine[/size]

Nice car but again it doesn’t look 1991.

The car looks great, but again, not from the 90’s. Also, the pricing seems way too low for such a powerful coupe.

Hello, Bonjour,

“Hexxiteqqit”, ARMADA MOTOR COMPANY,

“91 OPHIDIAN COUPE”, "91 GENESIS COUPE MK,
Bravo, finition propre.

Amicalement. Addax.

[size=200]'91 TRAVERSE TURBO[/size]

[size=150]Welcome to the 1991 Traverse Turbo. This new sedan presents a simple yet powerful design, which originated from a graphical glitch in Automation. There was a first design, which resulted in a glitch forcing the recreation of this turbocharged work of art you see now. Boasting a 126 hp turbocharged engine, this sporty 4-cylinder is affordable yet ready to joyride.

Price: $18,000

Listen to the hum of the turbocharged 4-cylinder here: http://youtu.be/Mkrq04cTmG8

[/size]

[size=150]Performance Statistics[/size]

[size=200]Trim Statistics[/size]

[size=150]Test Track Statistics[/size]

[size=200]View[/size]

[size=150]Rear[/size]

[size=150]Side[/size]

[size=150]Engine[/size]

Ok, gotta be honest with you your engines are pretty awful. 120HP from a 2L turbo I-4?

Well thanks for the support buddy.

Okay maybe we should be a bit more specific about what the issue might be if we’re going to criticise.

Even by 91 standards, putting a transverse turbo 4 pot in a 1350kg sedan doesn’t make a huge amount of sense. It doesn’t have to, of course, if it works well. But something’s funny with your engine if for what you may have put in it you’re returning overall figures like that. That said I can’t see the total costs of your car or engine so I can’t say for sure.

Maybe I’ll play around later when I get home, and see what’s up in 91.

Also, your first car, that’s not meant to be nearly 300k is it? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Okay, booted up a super basic eco turbo with about as much horsepower, and no quality sliders. God these emissions ratings are horrendous. Anyway, immediate questions that come to mind:
[ul][li]You’ve got some room to move with the AKI. Are you shooting for 91RON?[/li]
[li]What’s with the torque peaking at 5700rpm? Is it a really long flat plateau that just happens to peak at that point?[/li]
[li]The responsiveness is probably the worst part. Lugging around a sedan like that, it would be torture if you wanted to get on the freeway, overtake, even hustle through city traffic.[/li]
[li]Even without the responsiveness, just look at that 0-100 time. 15 seconds!? Even for a 1991 car that’s glacial… you should probably aim for 9-10. Also, as a result of the presumably anaemic performance, your driver is probably mashing the pedal most of the time, hence a lackluster mpg. You should probably be aiming to get closer to 28-30mpg.[/li]
[li]Without any quality sliders this is an extraordinarily cheap engine. IMHO making turbo engines automatically warrants making some more expensive engineering options because you want to actually make good use of that turbo. I mean, plenty of SOHC turbo setups exist (looking at you Honda), but they’re generally going in cars with about 300-500 less kilos on them! :laughing:[/li][/ul]
The most comparable car I can think of here that really fits the kind of brief, is a '91 Camry. But the Camry has MPFI. It does get 136hp from a naturally aspirated 2.2L I4 though and weighs about 1300kg, so that’s where you want to be aiming at as an equivalent. It’s a bit of a challenge to have a good turbo run 91RON but if you pick a good enough intercooler it makes your job way easier. And an air-air intercooler is, for our purposes, more than adequate, and not expensive or heavy.

So what I’ve attached here is something which I consider to be still very cheap (and only has +1 tech on everything except the exhaust. I bumped that up to +5 because emissions, man). But the power curve is pretty tasty and peaks at a fairly healthy >140hp, with a slightly improved responsiveness and efficiency. This is probably not the best solution for your car’s brief, but it’s what I’d have in mind if I was “innovative” enough to try a smaller displacement i4 in a 1991 sedan!
20i4-T - ecotubro.lua (55.7 KB)
20i4-T.lua (6.62 KB)

Your constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. It is my first time doing this thing and I stopped doing it for a while, since people weren’t exactly being too helpful in their claims which made me lose interest (and my computer sucks). I want to try getting back into the swing of things and focus on the present. Again, thanks for your response!

Good show Strop, most of those previous comments were pretty short and mean. We don’t need that kind of negativity here!