Aside from cars what other machinery do you like?

I have a little interest in a lot of things, but my other obsession (that I go to a forum for, anyway) would be pop-up campers.

They’re the best of both worlds when you consider the difference between tent camping and travel trailers. They’re smaller, lighter, easier to maneuver and find spots for than a TT, but they still have canvas and windows like tents, so you are still right there with the outdoors. They also have the hard roof, and the canvas is really thick and waterproof, which has been a blessing during a couple serious downpours. They can be equipped pretty minimalistically or nearly as loaded as a top-end TT, whatever the preferences. Their flexibility is pretty awesome.

I just recently sold off my first camper and bought a 2004 Fleetwood Cheyenne that’s in fantastic condition. The previous owner even went so far as to do a spring-over-axle conversion. If I had a tow vehicle with better ground clearance, I’d be able to go camping much MUCH farther off-road. As it is I’ve still boondocked a couple times right along the rivers around here, and it was absolutely awesome.

I’m a bit of a rocket/space flight enthusiast. Partially comes from living in Florida. Always watched the shuttle launches (from a great distance at my house, but still quite visible) and sometimes a little closer :slight_smile:

(PS hype for the upcoming space-x launch! excited to see the first re-landing attempt :smiley:)

Guns are particularly sweet. They have a rich heritage predating cars by centuries and are very complex pieces of machinery.

I am definitely also into aircraft. More specifically I like anything that is either VTOL or massively ridiculous (see A-90 Orlyonok). I also play War Thunder & X-Plane (More the aircraft builder than anything else). Lately I have taken a bit of a liking to fictional machines such as starfighters & intergalactic spacecraft from science fiction (See USS Melbourne) after starting to play Kerbal Space Program.