Audi rs6 v8 engine

So far have i only tried max out the power of engines. So this is my first try to replicate a real life engine. This time the latest version of the Audi RS6 whit has a 4L Twin turbo V8 engine. Official spec is 560 HP and 700 NM. I can not replicate the torque Down to the point, cause the game dosent have variable turbine geometry (hope it comes in the final game).

So what do you Guys think?

http://billedeupload.dk/images/IewZr.jpg

I think it’s called Variable Vane Turbine or Variable Geometry Turbocharger. The turbine itself doesn’t really change, but the vanes that control the A:R open and close depending on RPM.

That engine is only 1 hp and 1 nm off of the real engine, which is pretty awesome in my opinion. :slight_smile:

I also think this was pretty well done. 23.6% fuel economy should translate to 26 mpg or so.
I did notice that your total size is 13cc more than the real deal… that may make it 560 hp on the dot.

[quote=“ryandude2448”]I also think this was pretty well done. 23.6% fuel economy should translate to 26 mpg or so.
I did notice that your total size is 13cc more than the real deal… that may make it 560 hp on the dot.[/quote]

I didn’t even catch that. :astonished:

displacement 3993 cc
bore 84.5 mm
stroke 89.0 mm
compression 10.5:1
power 412 kw / 560 bhp @ 5700 rpm
specific output 140.25 bhp per litre
torque 700 nm / 516.3 ft lbs @ 1750 rpm

These are the numbers i found on this engine, how close are yours?
Seems like this game have trouble simulating modern style turbos. Or maybe the turbos you used are to large, and start making boost way too late.

[quote=“RobtheFiend”]displacement 3993 cc
bore 84.5 mm
stroke 89.0 mm
compression 10.5:1
power 412 kw / 560 bhp @ 5700 rpm
specific output 140.25 bhp per litre
torque 700 nm / 516.3 ft lbs @ 1750 rpm

These are the numbers i found on this engine, how close are yours?
Seems like this game have trouble simulating modern style turbos. Or maybe the turbos you used are to large, and start making boost way too late.[/quote]

That’s definitely possible to do in-game. The game does have a problem simulating modern style turbos because there’s no VGT or Twin Scroll turbochargers.

The v-10 did not have vgt, but still had 650 nm from as early as 1500 rpm up to 6250 rpm (limited). 560 hp @ 6250 - 6700 rpm.

That would equal a 4l v-8 with 520 nm from 1500 rpm to 6250, and 448 hp @ 6250 - 6700 rpm. 80% of the engine size, 80% of the power and torque.

Could someone try make that? I only have the demo. :frowning:

thanks for the kind Words.

I have tried make the engine according to RobtheFiend specifications. the 10.5:1 compresion is not used, because the octane will be to hig and HP to low and the torque is very hard to match whit these specifications. Not to low more like to much torque (but if it whas in real life, i would have Electronic limited the torque. Some producent does it to spare the transmision). But else it is pretty close on the spot. 561 HP (some engine does have more power what they have been given to have any way). bore and stroke is on the dot. The turbo´s can not replicate real life turbo´s whit variable turbo geometry or Twin Scroll turbo´s. Torque comes in at higher RPM, since i have the change the turbo size.

But i dit manage to make the econemy better and a longer MTBF. Not by much.

http://billedeupload.dk/images/ZYXuz.jpg