The 6 hours of SPA in 30 mins
This is a design your car and then race it on a beamMP type of challenge, and you can join alone or in a team.
This race is basically the 6 hours of Spa but in 30 mins. The cars are supposed to be GTE cars and that’s what the rule set reflects. Refueling is a thing in this race just like it would be on the real one. The track is 7 km long but when we scale it (12 times) to put 6h into 30 mins, a lap becomes 82 km long. The refueling will happen assuming each lap is 82km long.
- Year 2012
- Min weight measured in Automation - 1200kg
- Min weight measured in BeamNG - 1300kg
- Full Seats: min 2
- Max ET: 140
- Min Safety: 57
- Max Price: 140000 (though I doubt you will ever reach this)
- Min Drag for body: 0.235 (so yes, bodies with 0.23 or less are banned)
- Min at least one market above 110 in Fruinia
- Wing Fixtures: Maximum one front and one rear. (you can skip the wings if you want)
- Wing Angle Aero sliders have to be at least at 60
- Rear wing must be(if present) behind the rear wheel axis and Front wing must be(if present) in front of the front wheel axis
- Wing fixtures cannot be hidden or mirrored
- Quality sliders range -3 to +3
- Tires up to 315 (absolute, not average)
- No AWD(must be fwd or rwd)
- Must use yellow headlights
- Gearboxes are limited to six forward gears
- A fuel consumption rate will be assigned to your car based on the automation mileage values times a factor(more about this on its own section)
- Any body with zero or negative lift is banned
- Differential: No Electric LSD
- Naturally aspirated only
- Max capacity 5.5L
- Min Reliability: 65
- Max ET: 130(with less than 8 cylinders), 135(8 or more cylinders)
- Must have a catalytic converter
- Max Loudness 75
- VVL and VVT not allowed
- Slider range -3 to +3
- We’re assuming a full fuel tank is 90 and that each lap is 82 km long.
- On automation go to “testing - detail stats - Fuel economy” and from there you can take the sum of the two values at 110km/h and multiply it by 1.8. That will be your estimated fuel consumption on this track.
- I have a spreadsheet where I can just input that value and tell you how often you need to stop for a refuel. This will be made available closer to the race.
Track and Duration:
- Track: Spa-Francochamps
- Duration: 30 mins
Grid and start of race:
- Starting positions will be determined by aesthetics voting(public)
- In the beginning of the race, drivers will line up one after the other at the start line. Instead of a traditional start where all drivers begin at the same time, here there will be a 1 second gap between the start of all cars. (this means, for example, that the 4th placed will start 3 seconds after the 1st placed)
- According to your fuel consumption you will be assigned a length(for example every 3 laps) where you need to pit. If you miss this, it means you run out of fuel and get DNF.
- Resetting the car is only allowed with verbal permission by me or in the pits. This means:
- If you cause any damage to your car and there is no one else directly to blame, you can only reset in the pitlane.
- If someone bashes into you and causes you to take damage, then after telling me that(we’re all going to be on voice chat), I will most likely allow you to reset your car and carry on.
- Don’t go for risky overtakes, it’s a long race and lag exists.
- The race finishes when you cross the finish line after the 30 mins count is up.
- Refueling is done by driving to a halt anywhere in the pitlane. Just a stop and go.
- Coming to the pits to reset the car also counts as a refueling stop
Resetting the car:
- You can only reset your car if given permission or if in the pits
- You must stop your car before resetting.
WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO JOIN:
- You need to have beamMP working
- Make sure you have the radar app working on beamNG (optional but very recommended)
- DM me the .car file via discord before the deadline
- All cars will be available in a google drive and you will have to download them before joining the server.
- Don’t wait for race time to join the server. Make sure you have all the files and have joined the server at least once at least one day before the race.
- Join the Automation Beam Championship Discord and find me there. There’s a channel called “Automation Live Racing” which is where you can discuss your builds with other participants.
- .car Submission deadline: 20 Sept 23:59 GMT
- Race date: 25 Sept
- Race start time: TBD (could be from 18:00 to 21:30) To be discussed with the participants
Rules are subject to change in the coming week in case of found exploits or omissions.
Rule-set also available here: GTE Challenge - Google Docs