Automation Folders Switching Between Computers

I recently tried to launch Automation, and it took several restarts for Steam to actually launch the game. When I was able to, I had discovered that my vehicles folder in the sandbox car creator had been updated to now be the folder of my laptop which was under the same Steam username. I have lost many cars because of this, and I’m assuming it has something to do with Steam cloud. Before Automation launched it said “Syncing Data” so I would presume that it uploaded my laptop’s vehicle folder to the cloud and then synced it to my desktop. I had over 100 cars in my old folder, most of them not being uploaded to the BeamNG forms, making most of them inaccessible and lost. Is there any way I can get this folder back, as I have never really had an issue like this before.

I don’t think the sandbox folder syncs or is even supposed to sync… someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve never experienced that with two computers on the same network, logged into the same account

2 Likes

Correct, steam sync only syncs mods. If you want to play with the same cars on two computers, you’ll have to copy the sandbox.db from the one with your cars, across to the one you want to play on after and copy them back and forth. Make backups obviously, but this is the only fast way to transfer “everything” rather than importing 100’s of car files at once.

As part of re-enabling GeForce Now, we have recently turned on Steam Cloud support for Automation car databases and other files.

4 Likes

Will previous DB files from individual computers still be accessible through the backup DB file?

They are not, no.