Automation Legacy Challenge (SEE NEW THREAD)

Am i supposed to lobby it in DMs?

Yes

Did lobbying and that now,

1954 Reduit WK-54

From everyone’s favourite shed in the Indian Ocean, comes the Reduit WK-54, the absolute pinnacle of motoring mediocrity. (sounds delicious I know)
Available in a grand total of 1 shade of green, 1 trim level, and with 1 engine, the WK-54 offers you all of the choices you could ever need. (make the choice please, we need cash)

Merci

Pictures

9 Likes

COLLIS CELER 54

Travel fast. Travel in style.

About Collis

Collis is a Canadian car brand that started life in 1910 as a maker of small European inspired sports cars. The brand never made it big and remained a small operation, until it was bought by the large Canadian conglomerate Mons Automotive in 1928. Since then, it has been wholly owned by Mons Automotive, and has seen a large influx of cash for research and development. Collis has benefited from the partnership by sharing technologies and machining expertise of the much larger Mons group, but the brand has been afforded the freedom to stick to what it does best. In effect, it has been incorporated into the Mons family as the slightly more luxury/sporty brand of Mons Automotive. As such, it has close ties with all Mons departments, including Mons Racing and Mons Customs. While the company is distinctly North American, Collis retains its flair for European inspired designs and engineering.

The Mons Collis Celer was born in 1948 as a GT car. The first model had a 1.5 L I6 engine with a single overhead cam making just shy of 70 HP. Over the years the car was refined and new options were added to the line-up. Presented here is the final, fastest, most powerful, and most prestigious version of the car made: the 54.

The Celer 54 was introcuded in 1954. Mechanically, this car was the pinnacle of the Celer range; a true Super GT. The engine is a 2 L DOHC I6 co-developed with Mons in what is the precursor engineering division that will later become Mons Racing. The engine produces 145 HP and propels the car from 0 to 100 under 10 seconds!

Not only is the car fast. The ample chrome accents and spoked wheels signify the luxurious nature of the Celer. If you want to turn some heads as you cruise down the boulevards, this car is your friend!

The sleek profile is not only sexy, but is very functional as well. The enhanced aerodynamics of the car helps it slice through the air faster. With a top speed of just under 200 km/h it rivals the fastest cars on the road.

Despite the face-melting performance, however, this car has a superb suspension and brake system that are tuned to perfection. The car is easy to drive and control. Yes, you can push it, but the ride can be equally relaxing and enjoyable on any long road trip.

The interior of the Celer has received equal attention to detail as the exterior: premium materials and tasteful chrome accents all around, and a premium radio system at your fingertips. True luxury where you can relax and enjoy the drive.

You’re ready for a purchase? Well, come on down to your nearest Mons/Collis dealership, and choose one of the many premium colour options available.

18 Likes

1946 Planton & Ardent Sportsman Straight 4

History of P&A

Founded in Sydney in 1881 by friends Frank Planton and Bill Ardent, Planton and Ardent (P&A for short) quickly established itself as Australia’s premier luxury coachbuilder, building numerous well-known high end cars. Between the wars, they decided that they’d take a bold step forward and build their own cars, acquiring surplus and (at the time) reasonably modern plane engines, and waiting for investment. That investment didn’t make it before the war, however, and they were forced to spend WW2 making transports for the war effort with not a single road car to their name.

After WW2, P&A finally stumped up the cash to start making cars, and the Sportsman Straight 4 was the result of that. An extreme oddity at the time, the Sportsman was a large luxury saloon with an equally large engine, a Neilson 5 litre inline 4 plane engine from the late 20's, modified by P&A to be more suited to non-aeronautical use. The chassis was shipped in from the UK though, making it not quite Australia's first fully homegrown car.

The interior was plush and comfortable, with leather-clad benches front and rear, wooden accents, and even an AM radio. Designed to "Feel like an aeroplane while providing the comfort of a luxury car", the interior was well insulated for the time, with noise being kept as low as possible right up to the car's top speed.

For the time, the stats were monstrous. A 1.4 ton luxury saloon that makes 135hp, accelerates to 60 in 16.9 seconds, and goes on to the insane top speed of 102mph? Downright ludicrous, even at an equally ludicrous price of $2,978 ($34,700 in today's money). But that's what P&A were hoping for, a car that leaves its mark on history, whether it be domestically in Australia or abroad in its only export market, Araga. And while it may have in Australia, establishing a long-lived local car manufacturer, only time would tell how much of an impact it would have in Araga.
15 Likes

Automation appears to run in an alternate universe where central fractional reserve banking does not exist, and therefore there is no inflationary runoff. An ideal environment to move into.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just used a USD inflation calculator set to 2012 (which iirc is what $AMU is) to work that out and rounded to the nearest dollar, so I’m guessing it’s accurate lmao.

1 Like

Probably is, I may be misunderstanding it

Saeta Corcel Special