Automation Legacy Challenge (SEE NEW THREAD)

Option A is correct. You tell me you just want to cash in and use it for next round. Option B is for people who don’t give any reply at all. That’s why it’s worse.

Option A: 3 extra tokens for round 3 (or spent now), lobbying power x2 in round 3.
Option B: 2 extra tokens, lobbying power x1.5

Option B is a safety net in case you don’t reply, but you don’t get off completely free.

3 Likes

Oh, and just to be sure, is it “free” to vote for how realistic regulations should be?

Exactly what I expected. This first incarnation of the Wyvern is a relaxed cruiser, essentially a grand tourer in condensed form, but I am contemplating more performance-focused trims in addition to the original.

So what specifically about the entries determines a type of racing’s success? Is it based on the amount entries into a given type? Or the quality of said entries? or is there something more complicated about how bonus rounds work?

Is the bonus round on one of the race types listed in the lobbying post?

Will there be the possibility for foreign brands to set up factories in Araga?

It’s a mix of amount and quality of entries.

To take a real-world example… A field like the 2019-2020 WEC’s LMP1 division would hurt endurance racing. One super dominant team winning all the time, a couple of privateers only doing partial seasons, or 1-2 races… Not good. LMGTE, meanwhile, with a more diverse and competitive field? That does much better.

If all the cars look ugly (2014 Formula One, anyone?), it’ll hurt the series. If the cars look beautiful, it’ll help.

3 Likes

Yes, and there may be benefits and/or drawbacks for that.

2 Likes

I notice no worldbuilding questions have been posted in the forum yet. Is that because no one’s been asking, or because all the questions have been posted in DMs instead?

Well, I haven’t asked any, yet. Mostly because I’m kinda trying to think of one or two really good ones that will give me some useful information.

THB, I haven’t asked any because I haven’t seen much of the world building reflected in the reviews. My perception from the reviews is that they are more heavily weighted toward a regular “car against car” type comparison like other challenges without a lot of consideration for the Aragan lore that we were building. Perhaps my perception is not accurate, but that’s the feeling I have. So I admit to feeling a bit ‘meh’ about world building.

Kinda, but I downsized my engine and made sure to give plenty of engine block “headroom” because of the roleplay. So it’s affecting somewhat.

Previous Post <<<>>> Next Post

ROUND 2 LOBBYING RESULTS

Many people did not engage with lobbying. Eh, not my problem.

Leaded fuel will be banned completely from 1968 onwards, and banned in new cars from 1965 onwards. Most people were in favour of a ban, with only a couple wanting it to stick around.

As there is no clear lobbying on taxes, the Aragan Government has made two decisions:

• A slight modification of the underlying tax equation, to allow for easier tweaking in future. The new base equation is Tax=1.5^((displacement-3000)*506.25. This equation outputs the same values for every potential displacement as the old one. Why? Because now, if I want to change scaling, I have a nice, easy way to do it. Raising S means that cars under 3L get less tax and cars over 3L get more.
  • On that note, S is being raised to 1.6.

The effect of these can be seen here.

There were items from write-in lobbying which will be brought forward, but they will not be lobbied on, currently.

10 Likes

One worldbuilding question:

Provided that we don’t get a complete set of tracks to test on for the racing round: what are the Aragan racetracks like? Are they oriented more towards long straights, flowing corners (e.g., Road Atlanta, old Silverstone) or more tight and twisty (like many Scandinavian racetracks)?

3 Likes

WHAM!! Welp, big block it is then. That said, are we being limited to solely 86-AKI Unleaded as in the game, or are we getting a different octane like the Soviet AI-93 (93RON/88AKI)?

I kinda agree with the above that the worldbuilding questions weren’t super useful, but I also think they’re pretty fun. So here’s my question:

What/when was the event that the Aragan people think of as having “created” Araga? And, if I may include this, why?

(for example, USA citizens generally think of the 1775-83 American Revolution as when the country they know today was born. A Spaniard, meanwhile, would think of the 1469 marriage between Isabel of Castille and Fernando of Aragon as having eventually created Spain.)

I’ll answer this now: You’ll be given tracks.

Also… Guess I’ll extend worldbuilding questions, how about an extra week? So closing at 11:59 PM ITC on the 24th?

1 Like

Ok, worldbuilding question: how is Araga’s relationship to its neighbouring countries? Any friendships/alliances, or rivalries?

1 Like

With this in mind, I have already made one new engine variant (from the family that I have been using since the first round) designed specifically to run on unleaded fuel.

World-building question: When the average Aragan citizen goes on vacation, what activities do they enjoy doing?

(Yes, I’m trying to find out if towing trailers for camping or towing boats will eventually become a thing, but at the same time, trying to figure out if just giving a comfortable car that goes anywhere will be enough.)

3 Likes