The premise is simple cars will be built to a minimum standard and will compete in multiple categories.
The categories will consist or a drag race at Willowbank, a Flying lap at ATT and a lap of Mt Stanley Raceway (official track of the Automation League), highest sportiness, highest drive-ability, highest overall reliability, highest safety and lowest price there is also a looks section where the Racemaster/Announcer/Photographer each select the car we personally like the looks of the best.
The challenge will run for one month each will two weeks allocated to build time and two weeks allowed for the results, pictures and story.
Each ruleset will be allocated by the winner of the previous round.
A ruleset must include:
- Theme including year (each competition is to span a 5 year gap so if the year is 2016 you can 5 years below the year 2016)
- Minimum drive-ability
- Minimum Sportiness
- Minimum Reliability
- Minimum Safety (whether a stat or minimum required trim)
- Maximum Price with Markup
- Any extra scoring points ie. Minimum Off road, Minimum practicality etc. that are included in each round ruleset
**Each category is scored from the total number of entries received for each round
IE. fastest 1/4 total of ten entrants first place 10points, 2nd 9points, 3rd 8points, 4th 7points, 5th 6points, 6th 5points, 7th 4points, 8th 3points, 9th 2points, 10th 1point
- Total average power across a set normal street driving Rpm range will be scored(1000rpm-5000rpm)
[ The power output at 1,2,3,4 and 5000RPM is added from the dyno graph then divided by 5 to give the average power in that operating range ]
It is highly recommended to use cars based on your company lore rather than build cars specifically to the events however this is only a recommendation.
All event rules can be found in the second post
- I as Challenge Host reserve the right to change the ruleset at any stage in order to better the competition
- Barth bodies are banned unless specified in the ruleset
- IF YOU SEND ME A VIRUS I WILL FIND YOU AND MAIM YOU
- Banter is welcome being a dickhead is not, neither is sexist or racist remarks if you are found breaching this rule I will ban you for a minimum of one event
- All export files are to be sent to the Racemaster …
- Open Beta Only
- Any mods used must be available through the steam workshop
- NO LAU FILE MODS (If you are found to do this you will be banned until the Racemaster see’s fit)
- NO WINGS ON THE BONNET IT LOOKS F%^*(&G STUPID
- Tyre’s must not protrude from the wheel arches
- If there is a tie for first place overall the cars will run a final 1/8 mile race at willowbank to determine the winner.
Cars will be scrutinized by the Racemaster on the day after the deadline If your car is found to be illegal the following options are to be used
- Acceptable revisions are allowed once each round but only if there is a repairable issue with the vehicle and the Racemaster has contacted you to fix it. If the vehicle is somehow completely outside the ruleset (ie a van in a convertible only round) you will be contacted by the Racemaster and allowed to enter 1 new vehicle that is within the ruleset, you will however NOT be able to send any further revisions of this entry [ you will have 24hrs to do this from receiving a PM from the Racemaster ]
- If two entries are received from a single user that are clearly outside the ruleset the Racemaster can either choose to DQ your entry or can allow you to build/change your vehicle a 3rd time, if after the 3rd attempt you still are not within the ruleset of the round you will be DQ’d from the round. [ again you will be given 24 hrs from receiving a PM from the Racemaster ]
Front and rear headlights including a visible indicator lens visible at the front/back/sides. Some form of visible door handles. A grill/vents for the radiator and air intake vents/grill for the engine air filter unless using a carburetor. The intercooler piping cannot be exposed through the bonnet_ unless allowed in the round ruleset and to the discretion of the Challenge Host)If you wish to use a “Clear glass/plexiglass” bonnet by using a grill cutout please be certain that intercooler piping is BELOW the bonnet line and not protruding. The intercooler showing thru the front air dam is fine.
All vehicle’s are to be PM’d to the Racemaster
Model Design: APL(what round it is) your user name
Model Trim: your company name and car name
Engine Family: APL(what round it is) your user name
Engine Trim: your engine name
Send your export files to the Racemaster
link to results
Automation pro league results - #2 by Darkshine5
All credit for tracks goes to the Creators