Automation Tokyo Auto Salon 2017 - 東京オートサロン

Now that Detroit has ended I thought it would be right to introduce a different kind of exhibition opportunities.

WELCOME TO THE 2017 TOKYO AUTO SALON

TOKYO AUTO SALON has a wide variety of dedicated exhibitors to

-showcase and demonstrate their latest technological solutions and products for cars to be tuned-up and dressed-up
-showcase and sell cars with dress-up parts and accessories
-showcase and sell cars highlighting innovative tuning technologies
-showcase and sell auto-related video games, aftermarket parts, motorsport merchandise and other diverse auto-related products
-showcase and sell complete tuned-up cars and commercial vehicles

Please no OEM manufacturers. The show is only for aftermarket automotive companies. Official tuning arms can enter however, they must showcase tuned cars instead of new concepts.

The show will run from 23rd to 30th of January.

Well what are you waiting for? Post right away!

14 Likes

#Saminda CZ-S debut for Tokyo Auto Salon , despite it discontinuation.

Despite the end of CZ-S , Saminda has showcased it in 2017 Tokyo Auto Show again .

Instead of a 1.3-liter hybrid , it’s powered by a 1.6-liter twin turbo that can be found in the C1 WRC making over 340bhp.

P.S : i will not be active in automation that soon as lunar new year is coming and i have many work to do for the beginning of the few months.

8 Likes

please listen to video before reading to get the mood right

The music from Baby Metal plays as a DSDR rep reveals the first car of the show

DSDR would like to reveal our first car for the Autosaloon.

This is a restomod Saminda 1970 CZ5, the very first CZ5.

Exterior wise we have left everything standard with the exception of new modern headlights and front and side indicators to make her street legal. The only major change is the new wheels which are alloy copies of the original 14" wheels.

DSDR also decided to restore the original interior and stereo system whilst fitting hidden airbags and automatic retracting seat-belts to comply with new vehicle standards.
The suspension has been tuned for a much sportier ride and better handling, we first increased spring stiffness to triple that of the original car before also fitting new shock absorbers with a stiffer damper rate and much larger front and rear swaybars with changes to rear camber and a minor decrease in ride height and we fitted a full underbody tray to protect the 46 year old chassis.
Brakes were upgraded to vented units with 2 piston front calipers, however the original size of 275mm was kept along with the original rear brake calipers with changes made to the brake pad material to help decrease stopping distance.
Fitted to the new 17" Alloy wheels are Federal super soft tyres measuring in at 185/30R17, the gearbox remains the original 5 speed manual however we have replaced the locking rear differential with a new LSD.

We have spent the majority of our time improving the engine whilst keeping it true to its original form.
The first thing we did was have the block cleaned and honed, next was to fill said block with a DSD CNC’d billet crankshaft and lightweight billet high compression pistons with Titanium rods sourced from GRP that are too sexy not to show off

From here we had the original head cleaned and decked the cam retainers were replaced with billet items whilst a VVT system from a modern day Saminda was modified to fit the new lightweight adjustable cam timing gears. New stainless steel hollow valves were also fitted along with new beehive valve springs and a new set of valve covers were made[note that no porting has been done to these heads they still retain the factory casting].
The original Dcoe carburetor has been refurbished and tuned for e85 and is mounted on the original intake manifold, this has however been match ported to the cylinder head intake and a new set of trumpets replaces the original air filter.
The ignition system was also overhauled and replaced with modern day components with data logging capabilities. Finally we made a set of 4-1 extractors to specifically suit this engine and tune and attached a new 2.5 inch stainless steel exhaust with a single modern day muffler to help keep that original sound that Saminda enthusiast love so much. The new engine drives just like the original sounds just like the original but power has been improved significantly to 232Hp.

We are selling this car if the right buyer comes along please contact Darkshine5 by Pm to make a offer.

Stats and official Mt Stanley test lap time.

The Original 1970 CZ5

The DSDR Saminda CZ5

6 Likes

##ENTHUSIA SPEED FACTORY SHOW BOOTH

Demo car 1: 1991 DIMENSION WARP SSP4R RAIJIN DEMO CAR

A legendary sports car with surprising popularity in Japan even 20 years after it’s production. Enthusia has pushed the car to it’s absolute limits with the best quality parts on the market to create a 57 second lap car while remaining street legal.

Custom Parts Catalog

Body

• ENTHUSIA RAIJIN 2 PIECE FRONT BUMPER DRY CFRP
  • ENTHUSIA RAIJIN DRY CFRP SIDE BLADE
  • ENTHUSIA RAIJIN DRY CFRP REAR DIFFUSER AND FRP REAR BUMPER
  • ENTHUSIA RAIJIN DRY CFRP HOOD AND TRUNK
  • ENTHUSIA DRY CFRP DOORS FOR THE BNR32 WARP
  • ENTHUSIA DRY CFRP FRONT AND REAR BUMPER CANRADS
  • ENTHUSIA AIR ATTACK DRY CFRP DOWNFORCE UNDERTRAY
  • ENTHUSIA AIR ATTACK 3 PIECE GT WING DRY CFRP

Engine

• ENTHUSIA TITANIUM CONNECTING RODS FOR THE JB26
  • ENTHUSIA 7:1 FORGED LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS FOR THE JB26
  • ENTHUSIA BILLET CRANK FOR THE JB26
    -GREDDY T88 34D TURBO KIT WITH SPRAY INTERCOOLER @ 40 PSI
  • ENTHUSIA STAND ALONE EMU
  • ENTHUSIA LIGHTWEIGHT PULLEY KIT
  • ENTHUSIA LIGHTWEIGHT BATTERY
  • ENTHUSIA HIGH FLOW INJECTORS AND RACING THROTTLE BODY
  • ENTHUSIA DOLPHIN TAIL CAT-BACK TITANIUM EXHAUST AND HEADERS
  • ENTHUSIA HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFTS
  • 2002 WARP SSP4R 6 SPEED TRANSMISSION WITH ENTHUSIA GEAR KIT AND MECHANICAL DIFFERENTIAL

Suspension and Chassis

• TEIN RACING COILOVER AND DAMPER KIT
  • TEIN RACING SWAY BAR KIT
  • CUSCO STRUT BAR AND 6 POINT ROLL CAGE
  • VOLK TE37 19""
  • TOYO PROXES R888 315MM F&R
  • PROJECT MU F 350MM R 260MM CERAMIC DISC BRAKES WITH PROJECT MU RACING BRAKE PADS AND CALIPERS

Stats

(The demo car when tested was not fitted with carbon fiber body panels)

Power to Weight: 460 HP Per Tonne
Power: 674 HP @ 7300 RPM
Torque: 722 NM @ 5100 RPM
Weight: 1450 KG
0-60: 2.9
Wangan Top Speed: 190 MPH
1/4 mile: 10.50 @ 136 MPH
250m Cornering Test: 1.74 G @ 146 MPH
TSUKUBA HYPER LAP: 57.63

9 Likes

We proudly present you the car that gave the GTL garage the victory at the Time Attack Challenge 1995:

STORM ENVY GTL

Base car: '90 Storm Envy Turbo Coupe.

External changes:

• Modified front bumper with carbon fiber lip and wings;
  • Modified rear bumper;
  • Extended fenders with air vents;
  • Modified hood with more vents;
  • Roof scoop; (The driver need some air too);
  • New adjustable wing;
  • New clean headlights;
  • And the GTL Gold paint.

Drivetrain Specs:

• Engine: 6.0L Turbo DOHC V8
  • Power: 1273 hp@7000 rpm
  • Torque: 1364 Nm@5900 rpm
  • Redline: 7800 rpm
  • Fuel Octane: 100 RON
  • Gearbox: 5 M/T
  • Differential: Geared LSD
  • Drive type: Longitudinal AWD - 50F/50R

Car Specs:

• Tyres: Semi Slicks
  • Front: 315/30 R18
  • Rear: 305/30 R18
  • Wheels: Magnesium
  • Brakes
  • Front: Vented Disc 4 pistons 375mm
  • Rear: Vented Disc 1 piston 260mm
  • Weight: 1823.5kg

Testing Specs:

• 0 - 100 km/h: 2.8 s
  • 80 - 120 km/h: 1.0 s
  • 1/4 mile: 9.90 s @ 248 km/h
  • Standing km: 17.58 s @ 288 km/h
  • Máx Speed: 288 km/h
  • Cornering Test 20m: 1.24g @ 56.1 km/h
  • Cornering Test 200m: 1.29g @ 202.8 km/h
6 Likes

Calvinator has a few entries. Being a company that makes sleeper versions of cars from Royal and Recently acquired DeLorean, we have a wide range of tuner cars.

First Up is the Calvinator Sleeper of the reintroduced Cruiser from Royal: The Calvinator Bruiser
CNCharger - Bruiser CNCharger.zip (25.2 KB)

Top Speed: 265 mph
Accel: 0-60mph @ 2.2sec
Driveability: about 35

Will provide more info later.

1 Like

Gryphon Gear would be quite pleased to host an exhibit given part of our team is involved in Super GT (our test driver Kai is a guest driver on the circuit).

If anyone is interested send us a car. I’ll only do one so first come first served. Edit: if I think I can do something with the car and it’s not so shit that Kai will intentionally total it.

3 Likes

how about our car.
CNCharger - Bruiser CNCharger.zip (25.2 KB)

Super GT you say?

Hear that @Rk38 @Starfish94 ?

Drivability is about 35 but it says 45.3 on the screen? Lol

1 Like

Shhh he’s gonna complain that everyone is ganging up on him again

1 Like

Ahem

in other news, Kimura is planning on bringing their Super GT cars to the show as well. new Rocket Bunny kits are also to be released for some of Kimura’s vehicles.

Its been awhile since we showcased it. We said more info soon.

You’ve already posted that, besides, it looks like you’re using your usual tricks of too much Tech and marking your car down 45%. For reference GG will be releasing a 2100bhp 311mph car with 81 reliability that comes to nearly the same unmarked Price for production alone… So no I don’t think I’d be able to work with that.

@Starfish94 @Rk38 Also Super GT cars huh? Do note GG don’t manage their own Super GT cars in this instance, they only provided the driver and some pit crew. The Super GT spec is a bit… Below our usual level so we only commit to one major series, which currently would be the theoretically recurrent AMWEC.

Ok, I will give you a better car. Tomorrow.

Note: don’t go ham on everything, leave some room for upgrading. That’s what tuner is about!

(Technically a reply to CNC but applicable for everybody and anybody interested in my offer above.)

2 Likes

Ok. There is still the Sublime. It has room for improvement. The Super Wagon is a sublime with a bigger engine. I will get you a car, but the Sublime will always be an option. It has a meager 600 bhp.

Hmmm, as a matter of fact, I have been tinkering with a design that could be our possible Super GT entry. :wink:

@strop sent you a copy of my idea(s) so you can tell me what you think.

So I tuned @CNCharger’s Bruiser… Im guessing I can post it here? (im not that good at this tuning business)

#Bruiser Custom:

Base model: Calvinator Bruiser

###External Modifications:

• Custom Front Bumper and carbon fibre lip
  • Custom Rear Bumper and lip
  • Custom adjustable rear wing
  • Custom carbon fibre bonnet with vents
  • Custom headlights

###Engine/Drivetrain Modifications:

• Stroke Reduction (120mm to 111mm)
  • Custom Twin Turbo (12.49 psi)
  • Modified AWD transmission (modified from an Impreza)

###Engine/Drivetrain Specs:

• 9.0L Turbo DOHC V8
  • Power: 1156 hp@7300RPM
  • Torque: 1308 Nm@5400RPM
  • Redline: 8000RPM
  • Fuel Octane: 95 RON
  • Gearbox: 5 speed Double Clutch Sequential
  • Differential: Electric LSD
  • Drivetrain Type: Longitudinal AWD (52F/48R Power distribution)

###Car Specs:

• Sports Compound Tyres (305mm)
  • Custom made Magnesium Wheels
  • Brakes:
  • Front: Carbon-Ceramic Disc 3 pistons 395mm
  • Rear: Carbon-Ceramic Disc 1 piston 270mm
  • Weight: 2214.3kg

###Track Details:

• 0-62 mph: 2.4s
  • 50-100 mph: 1.1s
  • 1/4 Mile time: 9.66s @ 148mph
  • Standing km: 17.58s @ 188mph