Automation VRchat, anyone?

Title says it all. Now who’s up for it?

6 Likes

Aha but do you know da wae to VRchat

6 Likes

I do know da wae clicking intensifies

7 Likes

I’ll be on it by next week once I’m back with my main computer. Hopefully.

well, first off, A: Where do I get the software, B: VR Headset required?

A: Steam, free
B: IDK

So far “Let’s use this software that nobody has any clue about, and we got no clue what is required”. This is the best thread ever.

4 Likes

It’s called discovery! Oooo aaaaa new things!

I don’t like new things, there may be new germs on them.

2 Likes

should note one thing, looked it up on steam, minimum specifications require a GTX 970/FX 8350 or greater

In other words - not an automation forums’ forte :smiley:

to note though, that’s specifically for VR mode though, if you at least have a mic it should work on your 3 year old budget GPU if you run it in desktop mode

1 Like

I just looked at VRChat on steam, the only requirement I don’t meet is the processor. My poor poor i3 is just a thorn in my side… Can’t wait for RAM prices to drop so I can get my Ryzen stuff up and running.

1 Like

Ah, yes, RAM prices are :poop: right now. When I upgraded mid-2016, I was able to get 16GB DDR4 for $100 USD, now that much money only gets you 8GB.

3 Likes

I got it running fine on my 10 year old and throttled Xeon X5460, I think your processor is more than capable

1 Like

I keep looking and considering but I’m too worried about the possibility of spending 2 hours being accosted by Ugandan Knuckles and not finding out what else, if anything, there is on offer.

5 Likes

You really only have to interact with the Knuckles tribe if you want to (read: if you know de wae). You can choose to avoid them entirely and it’s incredibly easy to do so.

2 Likes

My biggest concern would be the meltdown and spectre patch performance issues that may creep up.

1 Like

I’ve installed all windows updates that supposedly patch it, haven’t really noticed any real difference tbh. still runs hot but gives playable performance

2 Likes

VRChat seems like Second Life on easy mode.

1 Like