Automation x BeamNG Car Repository

The rear end is OK but the nose is absolutely horrendous. Since when was it acceptable for anyone to use such a dated yet bizarre grille/headlight arrangement (by 1995 standards anyway)? I’m afraid the answer is “never”.

Since when was it acceptable for anyone to use such a dated yet bizarre grille/headlight arrangement (by 1995 standards anyway)? I’m afraid the answer is “never”

Where some would ask …“what did this type of vehicle look like in this time frame, era or year?” …I choose not to do that. Because the only acceptable answer is a “history Lessen”.

Where others would ask …“what should this vehicle have looked like in this time frame, era or year?” …I choose not to do that also. Because the only acceptable answer would be “speculation or educated guessing” and basically it would boil down to somebody shoving their perceptions of “should be or should have been” down everyone else’s collective throat.

So …what question did I ask, I hope you are wondering …I asked …“what could have this type of vehicle looked at in this time frame, era or year?” To this question, there are no, repeat, no acceptable answers because there can only be endless, boundless, formless, none conforming, none assuming …Possibilities!

In summary …I do not make designs that give history lessens. I make designs that are outside the box of expected, normal or conforming perceptions …I do this madness with a purpose …yes, my madness hath a purpose! And my purpose is to get just one, not every …if any at all …but if I get just one mind to open his or her creative and visionary inner doors to the “possible”, to the “what if”, to perceive more than what is placed before them …maybe …just maybe I would have saved a soul from self-destructing …a mind from imploding or a heart from losing all hope.

Finally …going forward …I hope everyone here can respect that I do not always share your point of view but I will not crash your vision nor say “your vision” is not this or it is not that …just because it does not fit my “view” of what it should be. I hope everyone here can understand it is far better and more respectful to ask a person, “why did you design your vehicle, for that year, like that?” then it will ever be to just say “for that year …it should have looked like this” …cause that is your point of view …you may love the past …but I lived the past …it wasn’t all that and a bag of chips!

Be defined not by your memories of yesterday but by your hopes and dreams of tomorrows to come.
Loflyh

Retro Age Motors
Parking Memories in the Driveway

4 Likes

In all seriousness, are you a liberal arts student?

3 Likes

Ya’ll alright there? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Now I understand why it looks so bizarre - you wanted to make something whose exterior design was outside the box. I apologize for my senseless remark, but I stand with my earlier argument that it’s one of the ugliest cars I’ve ever seen.

As for the infamous Buskisser, its fuel consumption figures should be 1.1Km/L and 3.2Km/L respectively.

2 Likes

Infamous it is. As for the fuel, if I give it in Km/L numbers would be 0.9 Km/L and 0.31 Km/L…

you know there are vehicles that exist in every time frame, era, and year to use as examples, right?
i would prioritize looking good over looking strange.

you know there are vehicles that exist in every time frame, era, and year to use as examples, right?
i would prioritize looking good over looking strange.

Looking good and/or looking strange is a matter of personal perspective. Looking good and/or looking strange is not a universal, it is a Perceptional of the Individual Mind and to be individuals, we must be willing to follow our own hearts and minds even if it means being …the Strange One or in my case …the Loflyh. Because any other solution is just exchanging personal courage for universal acceptance.

So …all I am asking of anyone is this …do not be so quick to dismiss my or anyones design, because your Perceptional of the Individual Mind wasn’t met, that is just your visual cortex getting in a knot! Instead, engage the Entire Self Being, experience the Whole Truth, download the vehicle(s) and actually drive them. If you like the drive, take the car(s) to a custom shop and give it a face lift! If you do not like the drive …dump the car(s) and no one loses anything …we all keep our respect of self and respect for each other. But if you say …“oh, that looks horrible!” and do not even open the book …I lose hope and heart, you gain nothing and therefore, do not grow …and all must weep at the worlds loss.

Music is universal but not every note is loved by all. But some songs cannot be loved without accepting those notes you hate.
Loflyh

1 Like

How long have you been studying philosophy?

4 Likes

Ok let’s be real here the Mercedes 300SL and Toto’s Africa prove that both your claims are bullshit :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Change of subject. @loflyh , are you into rc cars? I see some of the names on your cars making reference to rc parts and models.

Change of subject. @loflyh , are you into rc cars? I see some of the names on your cars making reference to rc parts and models.

No I am not an RC person. My names stem from whichever motif or image I am working on at the time …except the Sidewinder series. That series was so named because I got side tracked from another project and just kept going.
But the Eagle series, the grill/headlight arrangement is patterned after a Eagle’s outstretched wings.
The SW - Mamba, the front end has a snake looking/resembling motif to it and so on.

How long have you been studying philosophy?

I do not study philosophy …philosophy studies me and sometimes we have dinner and exchange ideas but mostly philosophy does all the talking, i do the listening.

2 Likes

yes… but… but like… there’s gotta be someone who likes the fiat multipla for it’s looks

doesn’t mean they’re the majority… or at least the group that are vocal about it

Wisconsin Motors Banshee Baja

WM Banshee - Baja.car (32.8 KB)
WM Banshee - Baja16.car (32.8 KB)

My latest addiction in BeamNG. The first one is the original 1972 version, with a 400hp 401cid ohv V8 and a four speed.
Updating to the 2016 gets you a 765 hp, 540cid dohc V8, a 6 speed, and vented discs.

It’s on ok climber, and does a decent stadium truck impression, but what it really excels at is covering open ground in the Utah desert.

it was partly inspired by this. (Youtube vid of Jay Leno reviewing James Garner’s '72 Cutlass Baja racer).

11 Likes

I know I’m not one to talk but this could have been covered with the phrase: there may be canons of aesthetic conventions, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

3 Likes

Retro Age Motors
Disclaimer: I do not know how to make a pickup truck, SUV, UT …on the bright side …they look AWESOME!
Retro Age Motors - L50.car (45.9 KB)
Retro Age Motors - L50 Mabuti 4x4.car (56.8 KB)
Retro Age Motors - L50 Roberto.car (55.8 KB)
Retro Age Motors - L50 Lucia.car (50.3 KB)

Engine: 357 c.i. Model 17 V8
Horsepower: 587 h. p. @ 5900 rpm
Torque: 564 lb-ft @ 4800 rpm
Brakes: Front-Vented Disc, Rear-Solid disc. Average stopping distance from 60 - 0 mph, 152 ft.

L50
RWD, 5-speed automatic. Top speed, 130 mph. 0 - 60 mph 8.43 sec., 1/4 mile 16.26 sec.
$34,911

Mabuti 4x4
4x4 5-speed manual. Top speed, 166 mph. 0 - 60 mph 7.51 sec., 1/4 mile 15.31 sec.
$40,792

Roberto
AWD, 7-speed sequential. Power split F63%-R37%. Top speed, 163 mph, 0 - 60 mph 5.34 sec.,
1/4 mile 13.62 sec.
$45,444

Lucia
AWD, 6-speed adv. automatic. Power split 50%-50%. Top speed, 158 mph, 0 - 60 mph 6.55 sec.,
1/4 mile 14.59 sec.
$57,602

4 Likes

Hey, these don’t look bad at all!

1 Like

What behind the choice to send more power to the front?

1 Like

What behind the choice to send more power to the front?

Originally, the power split was the same but reversed. Automation gave a warning about it did not seem effective and I was actually trying to eliminate another issue so I just clicked to get rid of that problem so I could focus on the main issue. I just did not go back and change anything. But in test driving the vehicle in BeamNG, on east coast road map, I discovered when the rear end would lose traction, the power split seemed to work in my favor as the front end just pulled the vehicle through the skid. But this does not work at all when the front end loses traction first. i liked the drive of Roberto so much, I am thinking of getting him a bigger engine.

2 Likes

After a long hiatus from automation for a while, i decided to continue making some cars, but differently. So as you guys may know by the title, it will be a couple of car packs called, “Lore Car Pack”. Basically, it’s a car pack on cars that is based on the cars from real life. So far, i created 3 models, including some variants, to be in the Lore Car Pack Part 1.

Corbeta Motors - MantaRay S7 GS, 60Z & 1RZ
A pure American sportscar that is based on the Chevorlet Corvette Stingray C7 Grand Sport, ZO6, & the new ZR1.

Spöke - Helvete & Helvete R
Two Swedish beast that are based on both the Koenigsegg Agera & Agera R

Sankakkei - Emperor Simulation X
A 4 door tuner car that is based on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR that can take on & off the track. Speaking of which, there is a Rally Spec Version of this car too.

Here is the mod link! ^^
https://mega.nz/#!4LxmRKAK!a98thpfkeyQPlPIaVoz36uLJ1skeEzsKClCQihJS27U

Enjoy ^^

7 Likes