Baltazar Automóveis: Engine and Tuning Division

In this thread I’ll post some engines used in my company [size=120]Baltazar Automóveis.[/size]

[size=110]** We also tune car and engines**[/size], if you wished to have your car tuned, send me a PM with your files and I’ll tune it and post the before/after changes here.

Tuned Cars:
Camoria Q-Style by Baltazar

Engines:
97’ 1.0 8V DAOHC - 57 hp - These five engines were used in the Baltazar Limpo
97’ 1.0 16V DOHC - 70 hp
97’ 1.3 16V DOHC - 87 hp
97’ 1.7 16V DOHC - 105 hp
97’ 1.7 16V DOHC Turbo - 156 hp

14’ 2.0l 16V DOHC DI - Used in the Camoria Q-Style

Neato… can you work well with turbos?

I always liked the idea of South American or Automakers.

I try my best, and can achieve some results, but they aren’t really my forte.

[quote=“Leonardo9613”]

I try my best, and can achieve some results, but they aren’t really my forte.[/quote]

What is then?

That is up for the challenge set, I have made a turbo with 35% economy and also a 2.0 Turbo with 900hp+, for example.

[quote=“Manche”]
What is then?[/quote]

I like to make efficient, light, responsive engines, often using VVL and DOHC, their noise and power delivery appeal to me.

ah, I like building engines the favour efficiency and simplicity, the bigger the engine is the greater the propensity of using a simpler valvetrain my V8s tend to be ohv and some of the I6s as well but the I4s tend to be DAOHC

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4197&start=50#p40816

The Camoria Q-Style, the first car to use an Baltazar Automóveis engine.

Our 2.0l 16V Direct Injected engine was exactly what Camoria wanted, a frugal and yet powerful enough engine. It’s abilities also include a good responsiveness and very quiet functioning, giving the base Q-Style great comfort and tameness.

Here is our first tuned car, the [size=120]Camoria Q-Style by Baltazar[/size]

The Q-Style’s brilliant glued aluminium chassis was a brilliant start to the tuning process. However the archaic solid-axle with leaf springs suspension was quickly replaced with double wishbones, the front double wishbone suspension was carried over. But since the engineers wanted a lighter car and the possibility to put wider tyres, the steel body panels were all replaced by brand new aluminium ones.

This gave our designers freedom to give the car our interpretation of a Camoria design. The typical design cues are still there, such as the chrome bars that highlight the Camoria badge are there, and also the car has a very fluid design, with the head and tail lights that flow to the sides of the car.

The engine is a brand-new 3.5 V8 with direct injection and a 8600 rpm redline, for that special feel. The noise was set to be special, but the car should still be comfortable to cruise. This problem was over come by fitting bypass valves which allow quiet cruising, but also the full Flatplane V8 soundtrack when pressed hard.

As this is a modern car, fuel economy was vital. The direct injection system coupled with a VVL set-up allows this V8 hatchback to reach 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 4 seconds, and still only use 8.55 litres of fuel to do 100 km (27 MPG [size=50]US[/size], 33 MPG [size=50]UK[/size]).

[size=130]Camoria Automotive’s Showroom[/size]

Excellent post, if I do say so myself.

These are engines made for 1997 and they’ve been used in the Limpo, a small hatchback, aimed at the lower end of the market.

There are 5 engines, all designed to be economical, reliable and cheap. The range works as follows:

1.0 8V DAOHC - 57 hp
1.0 16V DOHC - 70 hp
1.3 16V DOHC - 87 hp
1.7 16V DOHC - 105 hp
1.7 16V DOHC Turbo - 156 hp