Bargain Basement Bin [Finished]

I know this isn’t open for a few hours, but I’ve finished my entry and i won’t submit for a couple of days anyway.

1995 Valiant TouchDown

Released in 1990, the TouchDown is a rebadge on the 1987-1998 Matsuma SV100. The size is slightly above kei regulations in the Valiant model with the increase in front and rear bumper sizes and also the engine is a 1290cc inline four in place of the 660cc one.

The van is available as a windowless van, windowed van, four or six seat bus and also a pickup chassis.

This is the LX windowed van with the higher specification body style.

Technical Specifications (subject to rule changes)
Length 3.41m
Width 1.43m
Wheelbase 1.88m
Weight 831KG
Chassis Galvanised steel monocoque
Panels Treated steel
Front Suspension MacPherson struts with gas mono-tube dampers
Rear Suspension Leaf springs with gas mono-tube dampers
Front Brakes 225mm solid discs, single caliper
Rear Brakes 200mm drums
Steering manual recirculating ball
Front Tyres P155 75R13 92Q Radial
Rear Tyres P155 75R13 92Q Radial
Engine 1297cc I4 with electronic fuel injection
Transmission five speed manual, rear wheel drive
Power 59.5bhp@5000rpm
Torque 99.8NM@3200rpm

9 Likes
Submissions open

Slightly early but staying up until 2am is not the healthiest - submissions are now open, although any urgent rule suggestion in the next 20 minutes or so may or may not be acted upon.

Have fun!

5 Likes

those are some quite extreme front brakes ya got there

They are a bit much, but also the fade isn’t great either. Might need some looking into

8 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 1995 PG34 Genoace G 1300

By Planar

Our new Genoace, now cheaper than ever at just $7,990

Powered by the new Halvson SH1 series engine, the PG34 Genoace is quiet, comfortable, and efficient. Meanwhile, the PG34 Genoace’s proven chassis provides controllable RWD fun.

Perfectly suited for city driving, the compact PG34 Genoace has more than enough room for you and whatever you need to carry around.

Call your nearest Planar dealer or visit us on the world wide web at www.planar.com.au/us

4 Likes

BBB_Ringu_-_Pingu_Permutuus_CR.car (194.3 KB)

5 Likes

SAGDIYEV 112
LIMITED EDITION

Accessory Loaded edition of the Russian classic bound for US markets.

ADVERTS/BROCHURES

11 Likes

It is advisable to send submissions through forum DMs rather than in the thread.

I’ve created test cars with all four relatively modern 2.1/2.2m hatchback bodies and they all seem to have unrealistically narrow engine bays resulting in punitive service costs for a 1.2L transverse inline-four, which is a perfectly realistic engine to use in a car of this kind.

Would it not be possible for you to have it as longitudinal FWD? Loss of the option for a torsion beam but I suppose that isn’t the greatest loss.

I was aiming for a modern hatchback introduced in 1992 rather than a 2CV analogue, so that would be quite unrealistic. It doesn’t matter much though because my current test mule has a service cost of under $400 in spite of the length warning.

The entry in a world of quality

A Primus has always been a special vehicle to own. It might not be such a great feeling as throwing an Authié et Dallier or Zephorus key on the table, but a Primus makes you someone having made a good choice in the eyes of your coworkers, neighbours or family.

A Primus starts at $ 7200 - with the Urbano, a simple but durable and thrifty vehicle that is even fun to maneuver through dense traffic. For $ 8000, you can choose the CL trim - a fifth gear, driver airbag, rear wiper, metallic paint - all that is included.

6 Likes

please read with over-the-top and ridiculous Eastern European accent

"Here at ARTC HQ (Archanan Republic Transit Committee, Headquarters) we strive to make best car to meet all of our people’s needs for transportation. You need to get from A to B, and we tell you how you will do that: with an ARTC 150.

The 150 was developed by the greatest minds within the ARTC, with a simple goal: The best car, with no expense paid for! Sure, fancy radios and power steering are offered by our foreign competition, but those are expensive to make and look after, not to mention that extra weight hurts the fuel economy of the car, so we provide only what is needed for the car to make the best, and cheapest experience possible!

Many others will say that different levels of trim are needed to give each driver a car that they can call their own. We at ARTC say that is wrong! You know what multiple trims give you? Inefficiency and discontent in the masses! We tell you that you only need the one car, the 150, because it is made for everyone! You drive one, your mother drives one, your uncle, your boss, your doctor, and even your dog drives one! Because it is the best car for driving!

Some may say that the car is not put together correctly because things don’t ‘look right’ or ‘align properly’. However, here at ARTC we say that our car is the best put together of them all, because no matter how it looks on the outside, the doors will close, the engine will start and you can drive off to B without fear of your car being too flimsy to not work when something is not lined up. We make the best car here at ARTC, not something to look at but something to look out of as you travel to all the places you need to travel.

So come and collect your ARTC 150 now. ARTC. The best way, because we say."

4 Likes

If you make a car similar to the IKCO Paykan that was based on a pre-1980 model and body style, but revived in a foreign country that purchased the tooling secondhand after 1980 (so the model and trim years in Automation are compliant), will that be counted as post-1980?

The US auto market witnessed the introduction of an affordable small sedan from foreign brand Siltrön. The 1995 Siltrön Aromanzo captured the attention of consumers looking for an affordable and fuel-efficient option for their daily commute. It stood out for its simple yet attractive design, fuel efficiency and affordable price, making it a popular choice.

11 Likes

Yes, it will be counted as post 1980.

Iris Sion

It’s ugly, slow and outdated, but it will never leave you stranded.

4 Likes

I wonder how that large car fits in the budget. Its not recommended to post the .car file in Public, since I could now check it out but 99% will be so fair and won’t …

1995 Mara Zora 1.1 K

While its panel van cousin had become the 1995 Car of the Year in Letara, the 3-door 1.1 K(omfort) was the entry level passenger version of Mara’s compact city car for the 1990s.

3 Likes