Best selling car of an era?

Does this view indicate pretty much a bestseller in Market of that era or i encountered some glitch?

Car cannot be tracktested, because tires would blow.

If the tyres are blowing, then that’d definitely have to be a glitch. Good find!

It may be worth attaching the car in question so the developers can check it out.

[quote=“strop”]If the tyres are blowing, then that’d definitely have to be a glitch. Good find!

It may be worth attaching the car in question so the developers can check it out.[/quote]

Tested it a bit. After game restart, it all went down to 0 as expected.

After just clicking through the timeline, it seems to recalculate itself to bestseller again…

-edit- And now i can’t reproduce the “ecpected” outcome of the markets. Also noticed that many values are missing in the “Grid” view of markets. This build really doesn’t like the car i clumped together :smiley:

I’ve seen this behaviour multiple times, when same values generate different results but as it all is under dev, then that’s understandable.

Build: 894420 (Steam)

Getsu - Deliverer Mass.zip (84.1 KB)

I’ll have to check the competitor pack, but IIRC not many cars had been made in 1940. Go ahead a few years and the scores should start making a tad more sense.

Sure thing.

Playing around, it looks like “Drivability” value is the cause in this case. If it falls out of bounds (Below 0? or “inf”) it messes up the calculation and brings up anomalies. Also in track testing, where it doesn’t register correctly and causes game crash (sorry, i haven’t taken the error dump).

And i thing that that goes back to the “low speed steering” section, when it also tends to loose graphs and go out of bounds when messing with tires to unreasonable levels. I see it has improved in the latest release though.

I’m a bit struggling with the game mechanics point of view aswell, on how and what causes the other in the game engine. That is my fault that i haven’t dwelled too deeply into it.

If i can assist in any way, let me know :slight_smile:

-edit- I tried to re-produce the behaviour and managed to get error on the graphs side. Drivability is “nil” and Markets gave expected result. The issue, this thread started with, seemed to be some borderline calculation that messed up the markets aswell. But i rememeber the “Drivability” stat was… weird

Lua Error:

tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string “–client\functional\TrimDesignerWindowGraphs…”]:903: attempt to index a nil value

-edit2-

I tried to re-produce it again with a 2015 era car. I can confirm that “Drivability” is “inf”, tires are embarrassing, graphs are not showing, although the error mentioned above did not pop up. Market stats are overwhelmingly positive and cannot tracktest, cause tires would blow.

-edit3-

Track-test failure occurs when car is incapable of reaching 100km/h or 120km/h (again, unable to calculate nil valjue)
Getsu - Car Model 1.zip (87.9 KB)