Big Fruinian Muscle Cars Cup Stage 1[Finished]

would a strawpoll work? it has the ip address limiter.

Not really, because it will allow people outside the forum to vote, plus if the-same-guy-who-voted-four-times-for-him wants to vote multiple times again (pc + tablet + mobile + friendĀ“s computer) I wonā€™t be able to detect it. And pretty much the same if I do a poll inside this post, at least if he tries to do multiple accounts he wonā€™t be able to send PM until he get the member badge.

Yeah, I think that is what I will doā€¦

#ROUND 3 NEW VOTE PROCESS

ā†’ Send me a PM with the next information:

Which car will you place in 1st place? (5 points)
Which car will you place in 2nd place? (3 points)
Which car will you place in 3rd place? (1 point)

To all the guys who voted in the google form donā€™t have to vote again, Iā€™ll count your vote there.

1 Like

Its sad that people cheat in a competition that literally means nothing, i love humans * moves to a kepler planet*

Given youā€™ve posted that screenshot, it bears clarification as to whether those multiple Darkshine5 and T8R8 votes are actually thought to belong to those users, or whether somebody was masquerading as them. It wouldnā€™t be fair on them if they werenā€™t the ones doing it.

Because depending on that, I might want to impose some sanctions in future events I have a hand in, or keep them on my mental hit list. Yes, I do keep a list of users I like dealing with, and users I wonā€™t trust further than I could throw them.

Edit: just in case anybody tried to masquerade as meā€¦ I voted for myself first. Why? Because I like my designs, and take great pride in making stylish edgy stuff :stuck_out_tongue: not to day I wouldnā€™t vote for somebody else if I was taken by surprise.

1 Like

i canā€™t see what they gain pretending to be someone else. especially when ā€˜that guyā€™ didnā€™t know that a screenshot proof would be posted here.

also, i think most people here have a mental list. even me X)

I can honestly say I only voted one timeā€¦and not for myself Iā€™m only new to these forums and the gameā€¦The last thing I want to do is cheat at a competition. I entered my name where it asked and did not vote for myself. Especially when I am hosting comps of my own! Not happy if someone is F*&%^&G with my account

I also canā€™t see why anybody would submit multiple votes in their own name unless they were scoring for themselves, unless somebody really has a grudge. Either way you would have to be daft to think it would escape notice.

The other possibility, and I donā€™t know how possible this is, is that the form accidentally submitted multiple times, but come to think of it, would that really happen???

So the next question is are all those votes in Darkshineā€™s name and T8R8 all the same, or different?

but if an error would actually happen, afaik google form would just swallow it raw.

what i mean is, you can use the same username over and over again without changing it, to vote multiple times and google would still accept it. it would just appear as redundant data in the results

Voting for oneself first would be a foregone conclusion in almost every competition then, wouldnā€™t it? If anyone goes through the trouble of building a car and submitting it, it is likely that, for one, they rather like it and for two, they want to win.

I mean, It is explicitly allowed in the rules so go wild, but Iā€™m regretting giving your car one point, because to my mind itā€™s a shameful thing to do.

For the record: I genuinely like my own car best, but I didnā€™t give it any points.

I was in last place so it has no benefit to me to fudge results. I entered my user name as instructed voted for the 1st 2nd 3rd and thats it just once so if any body has issue with me let em sayā€¦its just a game its just a forum, make me a villian watever but I know I did the right thing and didnā€™t cheat, i didnā€™t vote for myself and i didnā€™t vote multiple times do a Damn IP address check I will not be called or insinuated that I am a cheater. FFS i work as a park ranger and barely can use a phone and i dont own a damn tablet as i have zero phone reception here! So you know I voted for strop, TR8R1 and AirJordan

1 Like

I know that Darkshine5 and TR8R didnā€™t vote multiple times. Simply because of timing. They send their vote way early in the voting. Also, due to the brief interaction I have had with them Iā€™m pretty sure they didnā€™t do it.

On the other hand, the guy who voted for himself with inactive accounts submitted the votes at the same time, minutes apart.

About voting for yourselves, donā€™t worry, thatā€™s perfectly allowed, thatā€™s why there is a multi-point system :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@HowlerAutomotive Thereā€™s no set moral standard on this which can cause all kinds of conflictsā€¦ last time there was voting, I declared I wouldnā€™t vote for myself; I got lambasted for letting ethics distort my judgement :laughing:

Just to be perfectly clear, I only voted for myself here in line with my opinion on aesthetics. Some people donā€™t care to make pretty cars. I actually brought this design in from a previous contest and spent several hours considering the fixtures. I donā€™t vote for myself cheaply, and if I was in this to win it I would have submitted a very different car.

@Darkshine5 I believe in an innocent until proven guilty approach here. As I said before it makes no sense to submit votes like that intentionally, therefore, itā€™s very unlikely you would have done it intentionally if at all.

3 Likes

Well, at least we all know now to use a PM based voting system if possible for any future polls like this to avoid errors and outside party votes.

1 Like

Alright, youā€™re sounding very reasonable. If thatā€™s the custom here, I should have just gone and stuck myself at the top with no false shame. Lesson for the next time I suppose.

1 Like

Things like this can ruin someone rep in these forums I say find the perpetrator and send em my way hehehehehehehhehehehehe

Round 3 results are here!
Thanks to everyone who voted :grin:

Congratulations to @HighOctaneLove:tada:, the 1967 Boglig Maverick Action Express was a peopleā€™s favourite! Followed closely by the '69 Juggernaut. Iā€™m glad to see that all cars received at least one vote.

And now, time to announce the overall winner!

Congratulations to @strop (who enter the challenge with no intentions to win xD)
Also to @Ornate, only 1.5 points behind! and to @HowlerAutomotive in 3rd place.

Thanks to all the contestants for the great submissions, and as promised, here is the competitors pack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685553630

Now, keep in mind that even if the cars were aimed to Muscle or pony, most of them score highly in other demographics as well, like Super and hyper.

The rules for the next Stage (2005-2010) will be published later on :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy Shit. People actually voted for my carā€¦

Did not expect to be gaining any points tbh.

Thanks @Sillyworld for hosting this! I canā€™t wait for the next round :slight_smile:

Do you think you could post the competitiveness scores for each of the cars? Iā€™d like to see what Iā€™d be up against if I download the competitors pack.

Sure, here it is Muscle_score.zip (19.8 KB)
Inside the zip is the spreadsheet that I used to calculate the score. There you can find the competitiveness for each car. The car with the highest competitiveness is koolkeiā€™s, with 309 points.

Oooh, that spreadsheet looks nice. How do you do that bar graph for each cell?

Iā€™m also gonna have to try out this gold method, the usual inflation calculators donā€™t give me the best results.