Bogliq by Design (BbD) Sharing Centre

Nothing like the Bazooka from the 70s then, evolution in the right direction.

2 Likes

Old vs new Bazooka road race when?

1 Like

The only Bazooka officially made in the Gen II era (RIP VicVictory) was meant to be a USDM sportscar to rival Europe. It was capable and affordable but the Ungoliant, which replaced it, kinda lost that affordability factor. So this car is a blend of the two; European rivalling performance and handling blended with highly desireable styling and timeless appeal. After 4.2 happens and I’ve finished Ardent, there will be another Bazooka dynasty. This time though it’ll be unbroken, hahaha!!!

Sorry old bean, my Gen II line-up was lost when my laptop failed. So the old vs new rivalry will have to wait until after 4.2 hits. If I get a burst of creativity then I’ll try to rebuild the MY57 Bazooka, but I’m making no promises on that front, hahaha!

1 Like

Bogliq By Design Presents...

MY95 Diarrhoea ChaChaCha

Crazy Chinese and their weird use of English, hahaha!

Irrational Inspiration for The Lore

Early in 1990, Bogliq by Design (BbD) was approached by the senior management of Kunming Revolutionary Automotive Prefecture (KRAP) to design an inoffensive budget sportscar they could have ready for the 1995 Model Year. BbD was willing, so they developed a test mule and displayed it to KRAP’s delegation who were delighted with the product.

The Real Inspiration for The Car

KRAP then proceeded to set up a factory, tooled up for the car, then fitted an Ardent Export inline six. The new KRAP coupe was a sweet performer with a chassis tune perfectly calibrated for regular track days.

Much to BbD’s horror, when attending the car’s Chinese Domestic Market launch, BbD found that the car was named Diarrhoea, because someone at the US embassy said “That’s the fastest thing in the known universe”, plus they’d named the variant ChaChaCha as the same attache said that Beevis and Butthead were an American cultural staple and thus very, very popular!

Bogliq by Design were able to persuade the KRAP management to re-name the car for export, but the local car would keep it’s unfortunate nomenclature… As for the attache, he was quietly sent home so he’d not face the wrath of the CCP when they realised he was at fault!

OOC: @VicVictory and I built a coupe for the 1995 Budget Sportscar Challenge but, since I don’t join random Discord servers, I didn’t end up submitting. The name was a spur of the moment shared giggle and it doesn’t make any sense now, hence why I’ve shared the Youtube clip which started this ball rolling!

Here’s the relevant stats for all to peruse:

Main setup stats

Market tab stats

The .car file for download
Diarrhoea_-_ChaChaCha.car (43.7 KB)

5 Likes