Bottom Drives (AutoBeam Challenge)

When is the race? Would help a lot.

What’s the MRA bit for in the calculator?
And presumably all this top speed things, weight etc are to be measured in beam?

1 Like

This is a good point, cars exported have some wildly different stats once in beam. And then some things like suspension type don’t export at all

2 Likes

MRA stands for Mid Range Acceleration, basically 60-100 time

2 Likes

Ill try and start the races by June 4, but if I get a ton of last minute car submissions before that, I may have to delay the races to put in the stats for them

And yes, measure everything in beam

Yeah, I may end up submitting my entries at the last minute…

But yeah I do wish to race. Was gonna say so when I submitted my cars, but I’ll mention it now to help you plan. :D

Edit: When measuring 0-60, does it matter weather we start the run at idle revs vs. max revs?

Another edit: Since we’re doing all this in BeamNG, does it matter if the car was originally made in Automation 4.1?

Just launch it from whatever rpm gives you the quickest time

And you can send in 4.1 cars, just send them in a beam zip so i dont have to go back to 4.1 just to export them myself

2 Likes

I have a file ready to send over but I did take the liberty of sound modding it. Hopefully that is ok…

I mean, I modded the brakes in a car’s jbeam and it got accepted, so as long as you’re transparent about the sound modding it’s probably fine.

TRADE TOKENS
I have decided to introduce a feature to this challenge called trade tokens. Each player will have 5 of them and they can be used for either exchanging a car for one of the same rarity, or fusing 2 cars of the same rarity for one of the next rarity. The RQ tiers for the trade-up hierarchy are as followed:
≤24 (Common)
25-34 (Uncommon)
35-44 (Rare)
45-54 (Super Rare)
55-69 (Ultra Rare)
70-79 (Epic)
80≤ (Legendary)
Make sure to use them wisely, because once you use them, they are gone forever and I won't give you what you had before because I am a massive dickhead :)

Current racist list:
@AndiD
@ImKaeR
@pcmoreno
@Edsel
[REDACTED]
@bulba (Microwave)
@randomtuner
@Sealboi
@Golisopog
@Caligo

4 Likes

Good thing for you that I was gonna submit a bunch last night but forgor :skull: so now I can sub more shitboxes instead!

Sorry what? Racist list?

1 Like

u ar porofesionel sertifaid racist

3 Likes

HOLY SHIT

Damn... can't believe the car list is at 130 and still counting. I have to track the stats for every single one which obviously takes alot of time, so the races will be delayed until everything is done, but I promise I can get it started by Saturday at the latest. However, car submissions will still remain open until I track the stats of every car. I really didn't expect the list to be above 60, but still, thanks everyone for your submissions so far!
5 Likes

You know, I should have time to help make a few cards if you want.

I think the burnout from an overload of car submissions is part of what killed the last challenge like this, so I don’t wanna see that happen again.

Same, i have a decent amount of experience making them too

I almost have all the stats tracked for the cars, so I’ll give you both the stat sheet and the gimp .xcf when im done

2 Likes
ALL CARDS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED

But since I realize it is a bad idea to close submissions so abruptly, I will accept them until the end of this Thursday. I’m currently working on setting up a poll for the tracks the competitors will race on. It will consist of the following: Technical road course, long road course, rallycross, rally raid, and a secret selection :eyes:

4 Likes
TRACK VOTING
5 Likes

Ave’ a whiff.

Erry’ noice.

CARDS WILL DELIVERED SHORTLY
In the mean time, here is the track list you guys voted for and the RQ limit:
    • Fujigoko - Tertiary Roads 2 Link
    • Spa Francorchamps (rolling start) Link
    • Long Industrial Course (Vanilla)
    • Pikes Peak Gravel - Devil’s Playground Link

Since the average RQ of every car is 50, the limit will be slightly over that at 270. I will send your cars in the form of a google sheet that looks like this example:

Once everyone recieves one of these (I will send them to everyone tagged in the trade tokens post) the deadline for lap submissions will be July 1. Send the laps to me in any format possible, for example YT or Google Drive. Anyone who hasn’t signed up yet is free to do so until the deadline.

5 Likes