Brawl of Brawn [ENTRIES CLOSED]

Why would there be? Regulating something for the sake of regulating it isn’t any fun, and afaik timing is just like any other option in the game where there’s payoffs and consequences for using it, so it’s down to what you want to do.

3 Likes

Tires are not regulated to be cross ply. I didn’t feel like arguing with europeans about it, but now I have to talk about it anyways, so I guess next time I will just mandate it.

Ignition timing and advanced trim settings are okay as long as you do not go crazy- to me, this falls under realism. I would recommend not advancing your timing though, as your car will not run on the gas you select if you do that.

Ladder vs unibody is not a conscious preference and thus is not regulated; while most US cars were indeed body on frame, monocoque cars existed too, mostly for smaller platforms.

3 Likes

Are aerodynamic light covers allowed or are the regulations as jingoistic as actual American regs were at the time?

2 Likes

I’ve made a test mule for this challenge - the first version had a 7.0L OHV V8 with ~300 net horsepower, but I subsequently tested it with a 5.7L V8 making 255 horsepower and found it to have generally better stats, despite the lower output. And all this with a ladder frame and cross-ply tires (the latter for realism’s sake) - yet it still costs under $12k.

I know it’s not open yet, but it doesn’t seem like anyone has any more questions about the rules so…

1968 ARMOR STREETHAWK

New for 1968 is Armor Motors’ 353 cid V8, giving the Streethawk 250 horsepower (net). Styling is also new, with a bold new nose and tough persona.

Armor’s unit-body construction means the Streethawk is light and strong, for extra protection. It’s quite a lot of car for around $13,600.

More pics

10 Likes

Compatibility with WES 2 in 1968 is quite challenging to achieve with an all-iron pushrod V8, unless you detune it considerably. How about reducing the minimum emissions standard to WES 1, which is comfortably within reach even with a more aggressive tune for the era and engine configuration?

Nope. WES2 is very achievable with all (except DAOHC, possibly) configurations. Appropriate gearing, quality, and engine settings have allowed for >5L pushrod motors to pass WES2.

I have the same configuration with double the cylinders, and it meets WES2.

After some tweaking, I was finally able to reach that threshold - a few quality points here and there did the trick. It actually makes 265 horsepower, in a car that I originally wanted to have a ladder frame but now has a monocoque construction.

Oh god, hitting the ground running eh?

You mean DCOE right?

Yep!

Thank you for reminding me- I do not have the V16 DLC, so I need to ban V16 motors. Sorry!

3 Likes

One last question… what exactly does “no negative techpool” mean? I see in your example pic the turbo techpool is set to 0. I wasn’t aware you could set a number to -1. Do you mean that techpool is a base +5 for everything except turbo, which is set at 0, and you can’t take anything away, only add?

newest stable release introduced Negative Tech Pool options, so TP now goes from -15 to +15

6 Likes

Still tweaking the engineering, but visuals are pretty set:

1968 Vidar Morningstar GTS-400

Featuring the brand new ‘Gargoyle’ high-performance v8 engine in 400-422 trim (400 cui, 2x 2bbl performance carburettors, 2x sports exhaust) rated at 315 HP @ 4500 rpm.

A premium leather interior with AM radio comes standard, as well as GTS 400 decals (radio and decal delete options available).

Prices start at $16,500.

Images shown are of pre-production variants and may not be reflective of final product. Exact specifications may vary depending on location and options chosen. Terms and conditions apply.

7 Likes

I’m not using a V16, but then again, what kind of 60s muscle car, American or otherwise, came with one as an option in real life anyway?

I’m umming and erring about this one…

4 Likes

Pont de Lan
ready for the highway to hell

go straight, dont turn and you should be alright… maibe.

4 Likes
Submissions Open
They will stay open until January 22, 2024. Good luck!
4 Likes