BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Yeah I’m on stable release and I’ve tested the whole car just like in your video.

Then maybe try testing the engine again.

No good.

Hm, I don’t know what’s happening there. I’d like you to send me the Automation export of the car in a PM so I can take a closer look.

Please stop editing your questions away… Others might have the same questions and I have to answer them twice then.

Regarding your question: Please read the whole challenge description in the first post. Everything you need is in there.

oh, okay but i read it all, and i haven’t found anything. @Der_Bayer

You can edit, but don’t delete what you wrote before. Just add what you want to say. And you may of course make a new post when someone else posted after you. Just don’t post 3 consecutive posts.

@phale, I have been testing different bodies and had a blue screen a few times, though not 100% it was the exact same one.

I had to close and reopen the BRC tool a few times and swap back and forth between cars a few times but then it started working.

As a side effect of it starting working I discovered that the Pantera body is hideously overpriced and heavy compared to the notporsche so I’m keeping the name but might have to use a different body depending on what other options I find :disappointed:

I’ve got it working now but I had to choose the ‘wrong’ trim to get the right car.

I have the strong suspicion that you don’t like to read. Please, for the love of God, don’t edit your posts if somebody else answered already. And don’t delete what you wrote.

@phale: That is weird. I guess there must be some old files lying around in your save folders? That could confuse something.

1 Like

Actually, i just don’t like to read boring forms. Forums are OK. and my post was useless for other people wasn’t it?

People are telling me you can’t change the background. how’d you get those shots then?

Photoshopping.

I have the exact same problems with tool as phale, only I’m running beta so I thought it’s not worth mentioning. Exact same blue screen and when some cars do load, they are not the trim I was looking for

Beta will most likely not work. If problems remain in stable version, try moving all other (old) car and engine save files from the Automation save folder to another location. I bet that there are old files.

Immensely stoked for the new series, going to be awesome! And hilariously low budget is also good, just not gonna tell my driver we dropped all security measures for new conrods and crank :laughing:

1 Like

I had the same problem as @phale too. I had to select the trim under the trim I wanted to actually get the trim I wanted if that makes sense.

What does the ^ symbol mean in the weight calculation formula?

Can someone please use an example car in that formula as I’m terrible at algebra but, if given an example, should be able to muddle through!

It signifies the exponent or the “to the power of”. So if the car had a 6000cc NA engine you would do: [(6000 x 1.0)^0.4] x 40 = 1298.13 kg
You can replace the 1.0 with 1.4 for a turbo.

1 Like

Does someone have track times already? :smiley: