BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Currently at 2:15 on the Automation Test Track. Naturally aspirated

2:13 at the same track. I’m running a conservatively tuned NA V8.

Low 2:16’s … needs some more tweaking then.

2:13 with conservative tuning seems decent

My original prototype ran 2:09, but it was slightly too expensive, and it had low reliability.
All in all, not bad. Especially since my current model has about 100 less hp.

[color=#ffee00]Rule adjustments[/color]

Ok, I played around with a few more bodies, and you are right, cost limit is a bit too low. It will be raised to $10,000. That should make it less frustrating. The rules and the BRCTool will be updated very soon.

2 Likes

Vindicated. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gonna ask a question that is bound to come up; what is the benchmark test time on the Automation Test Track going to be?

I know my 1000km of Hockenheim car is rather unsuited to these other tracks because it is so darn heavy, so I’m going to have to improve from there.

The benchmark time is from the fastest legal entry and will continuosly be updated. I haven’t received anything yet, nor finished my own car for the first test yet. So let’s start with a decent 2:16, which makes the 110% time a 2:29,6.

Edit: updated to 2:26.98

1 Like

So my car’s entire cost is 3700 dollars, and the production units are 44.7 (of the entire car) And the engine production units are 22.7, can i enter that? @Der_Bayer

You can run the BRCTool while working on your car - it shows you if something’s not legal.

But when i select trim it freezes

That’s a problem then … for me, it seems to work with my new trim, but not if I select the trim from the endurance race (or a modified version of it) … so it seems to have a problem with some cars.

Wait… do i have to put the car file in here?

@Der_Bayer

No, you installed to tool correctly. You did see your trims on the trim selection screen, so it should be okay. Do you have any other cars in your save folders (maybe from earlier game versions)? If yes, move them to another location temporarily and see if this fixes it.

Where are the save folders? this is what the tool shows

@Der_Bayer

No, these folders:

• Documents/My Games/Automation/Cars/Trims
  • Documents/My Games/Automation/Cars/Models
  • Documents/My Games/Automation/Engines/Families
  • Documents/My Games/Automation/Engines/Variants

Any old files in there might cause problems.

But there are no files in the folders. At all. Apart from these-

Those are car save files, yes. But I wonder why the date is the eleventh of June… Did you change your save folder in the options menu? What’s standing there when you click on the options menu in the Automation launcher?

If you could make another screenshot, this time from the Cars/Trims folder, that might help.

Ok, i got it. Thats !@#$% up.