BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Your save path is something completely different and weird:
Desktop/Automation/Automation/Automation/Automation/Automation/Automation/Automation/Automation/
what the hell?

Change it to Documents/My Games/Automation and build a new car, or move the BRCTool to your actual save folder.

So I imagine there are more here than me that start with the engine and build a car around it. So I made this engine capacity to weight list to quickly check how heavy your car must be with certain displacement, perhaps useful for someone else as well :smiley:

NB: If someone wants to do a quality check of a couple values that’d be great, made when half asleep :wink:

4 Likes

I hate my life. Having an ancient lenovo sl410 for gaming, (with it falling apart and the graphics card malfunctioning causing lots of textures to be messed up) Having an older sister. (REALLY ANNOYING.) and basically having the biggest jerk bully me at school. :rage:

New OP body for this round, got it in at 2.14.98 on ATT before fiddling with it and money to spare

Ok, so not OP, but the 110% can probably be adjusted, and set benchmark at 2.10 :smiley:

1 Like

Does the pink body fix count as .lua editing?

@EnryGT5 No, of course not.

@Puffster The 110% time will be adjusted when I receive the car and test it myself. I wonder how much fuel this thing must eat :smiley:

How do you do the pink body fix? i have that problem. i know how to get to the lua files and i know how to edit them. (i used to make lua file mods for kerbal space program)

The search function is your friend: http://discourse.automationgame.com/t/pink-bodies/16372/2

@Der_Bayer controlled version of the “offracer” has been sent with minor adjustments. For those curious, 2.14.5 with a 2,6L turboengine, ((( 2,43L/100km :flushed: error by me ))) thanks for correction Der_Bayer :slight_smile:

Edit: Can there be implemented a rule of max 1 wing, so we avoid wings at both ends of the car?

Rather 24.3 l/100km or 2.43 km/l, I suppose :wink:

okay i’m still confused by this 110% thing. 110% from what?

Der_Bayer has set a benchmark time on ATT in a car he has made. In order to partake in the race your car has to do a lap on ATT that is faster than the benchmark time multiplied by 110%. If you are slower than this you are too slow to participate :slight_smile:

E.G.: 2.15 = 135 seconds
135 seconds *110% =148,5seconds
148,5 seconds = 2min 28,5seconds = slowest time to participate before reedited in rules post

Or something similar to this at least :slight_smile:

It means that your car has to do a lap that takes no longer than 1.1 times the fastest lap to qualify, so as to prevent the track from being cluttered by commie hatchbacks or eco cars.

Anybody else going for economy? So that you don’t have to refuel? Is that a viable tactic?

You can do that, but also make sure tire wear is okay then. More than 20% really slows you down.

In the endurance race I’ve gone slightly eco but had too much tire wear, finishing 21 and 22.

People, I’m sorry, i know this is a competition but can i get a bit (quite a bit of help) with this? i have never entered a competition like this. in exchange, i can make car bodies for you. :smile_cat:

The way I understand it is that the benchmark time will be the fastest lap of all the entries he received for qualifying, not based on his own time.

@Pboy123 You can get some inspiration from the endurance race that I mentioned. Look at the trump cards which did well in the race.

For the benchmark time, I also understand it as 110% of the fastest of all entries. Which is at least in the 24’s as soon as he updates it :wink:

I cant find the top trump cards, how much scrolled down are they? (the number)

In the first post, theres 2 pictures, then a youtube-video and then a google drive link to the trump cards.