BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

That’s the number of pit stop needed in a full race.
o = 1
x = 2
xx = 3
xxx = 4

I have not considered if anyone can do it without pitting, whoever does can subtract 30 secs from time as that is the set pit stop time in these estimates :)[quote=“DeusExMackia, post:660, topic:16817”]
I’ve got a big fuel tank to deal with it,
[/quote]
Just remember it might be a longer pit stop than 30 seconds then :wink:

2 Likes

I’m running a N/A Ford 351 block with a 4-valve SOHC set-up in this last test. Boss has something else in the works…

Edit: …and we just managed to send it in before IRL work.

1 Like

Whats the latest time we can submit a car for todays test?

5 hours from now on.

The crazy turbo approach looks like it might just work out for me

Just for the fun of it, something I just achieved:

And this thing actually does better than what I had before :confused:

I have mine like that too, it’s always just a bit faster

EDIT: but would be faster if it was touching the blue line

Red line for speed, blue line for drivability.

Just saying @Der_Bayer the car i sent for the test, was the final car for my brc submition.

Good work on the spreadsheet @Puffster, really goes to show how much consistency matters, those with bad tire wear got absolutely punished

1 Like

People talking about their RR and MR Turbo cars, im just sitting here with my 500HP V12 monster stuffed into a sleeper FR body with 56.3/43.7 distribution, ~3 KG fuel usage a lap, and finished 5th on the last test (my only test so far). The wheel spin up to 120 KMh is a tad excessive, but 80-120 in 2 seconds seems decent, my turbo only manages to drop to 1.9 seconds and is .6 seconds slower 0-100.
EDIT: My car wasn’t in the video, Der Bayer sent me a CSV because he missed my car, it placed me in 5th overall, dead tie on lap time with absurdist with more tire wear and less fuel usage.

1 Like

@Der_Bayer Will there be a beauty safety car challenge?

I gotta say I am really curious to both body and setup of your car, consistent and blisteringly fast! Can I ask what your engine reliability is? Only if you dont mind :slight_smile:

No, not for this challenge. NormanVauxhall won the safety car spot for this season. :slight_smile: I don’t know how I will handle it for the next season yet.

1 Like

will there be a stream of today´s test?

nah, just a video as usual

Sorry, can you please confirm why both @CriticalSet9849 and myself are down with 3 pit stops each in the file? We both did 14 full laps in the test, so shouldn’t it be 2 pits each?

Edit: @MrChips appears to have done 16 laps in the test, but is shown with 1 pit stop. Am I reading the table wrong?

Edit 2: Sorry to be such a bother but I noticed @Absurdist is down with 1 pit stop, considering he is running slicks he’d probably be quicker with 2 regardless of fuel consumption. I’m just looking at the top cars from the test and in the file and piping up when something seems off.

Edit 3: Holy tire wear, Batman. I think @Absurdist might actually be quickest with three stops :D. He could run with a jerry can for a fuel tank.

This was true for me as well, and was like this also before you upped the grip. I think I mentioned it when we discussed the times. I should have, anyway. I seem to remember testing with my NA and turbo and the turbo was closer to what it got in game, but it was also geared to a lower top speed (and hit the limiter in game) so YMMV. I didn’t make a fuss because the times were close enough, but it could have an effect on the results based on how people gear.

I’ve since changed both cars but if you need additional data I’ll have those versions somewhere so I can co and check.

By the way, who wants to do the car review with me since PackBat is unavailable?

This time I am trying something different.

would? maybe. could? sadly not, last working decent mic just died a couple weeks ago and i haven’t been bothered to buy another one.

and other smaller reasons…

@Der_Bayer Just saying, again the car i sent to you on the 19th was my final brc submition. i resent it to you.