Building a Car from Engine to Completion

This looks incredible! You guys have really put a lot of thought into the whole process. I love that you can even specify different types of manifolds!

I haven’t been this excited for a game in a long time.

I found Automotion on reddit today, looked bad ass, turns out, it’s even better than I had thought at first.

anyone else realize that the engine they built runs on 100% ethanol ?

Must be a Toyota engine :laughing:

Awsome game from what I can tell in videos I cant wait to play it.

Wow. Looks great… keep up the good work! :smiley:

Can I preorder now? Pleeeease!

looks fantastic

Looks absolutely brilliant :smiley:

brilliant it’s the game of my dreams :smiley: this is just what i’m looking for thank you guys i want to play this game immediately i tell this game all of my friends and they also like it and check the site like me everyday for updates :slight_smile:

This video brought me here. I’ve been looking for this exact game. And until now I just had to fiddle around making engines in dyno 2003.

Video looks great.

I’m not too sure on your spaceframe design though! :laughing:

Yeah, its a bitch to design a real looking space frame that can mount any type of suspension without changes :laughing:

I think the only way you could do it, would be to fix the spaceframe points to the body editor so they reference off body points and it moves the internal frame around.
And the suspension, as you say, would probably need another step in the coding to somehow generate mounting members off key crossover points of the frame. Bit of a ballache I suppose.

It’s just when I see ‘spaceframe’, it’s something more like this:

But at the end of the day it’s just something to visualise for most people I suppose.
Feel free to hurl abuse at me for making life difficult :wink:

But Spaceframes are also stuff like this
http://georgecushing.net/300SLR.JPG

which are some what similar to the spaceframe in Automation

That’s a good example there T16 :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that we cant have any bit of the chassis that goes up to the roof, as we have no idea what shape the body you’re putting on top is going to be, so think of the chassis as more of a “floorpan”, its not perfect but its hellish to do it any other way!

Yeah, I understand that, you really just need something the suspension can pick up on which you can just ‘drop’ a body onto without worrying about the frame ending up outside the bodywork at some point.

You could do it if the frame was tied to the body but since that would reverse the whole construct I think that might be asking a bit much :laughing:

What they could do is include the option of selecting a roll cage in the Body designer. :wink:

Maybe if they ever get around to make the motorsport dlc. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“T16”]What they could do is include the option of selecting a roll cage in the Body designer. :wink:

Maybe if they ever get around to make the motorsport dlc. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Bingo.

Better sign me up for the pre-release motorsport pack too then :laughing:

Then it would have to deform to fit the… and… HEADSPLOSION :laughing:

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Then it would have to deform to fit the… and… HEADSPLOSION :laughing:[/quote]

Would it be possible to have some pre-set straight tubes and a few bends you could place onto the floorpan yourself? Or would that be hell in game?
Could allow switching the body off altogether then and make some tube frame cars on the base floor plan like the VW sand rails/Ariel atom, plus roll-caged cars/full spaceframes/off-roaders with external cages/bullbars, etc, without having to code something that would deform everything to fit the body?