Capable Redesign Challenge!

This is a design challenge! You’re here to redesign a car! Specifically, the Capable Amplitude R2. There won’t be a lot of intricate judging, I’ll choose the car to win based on what I think looks best, so don’t fret over a lot of details. Here’s the file! It’s a rally car I entered in TMCC 34, so keep that in mind.
deadline: August 12
TMCC34_-Vento-_Capable_Amplitude_R2.car|attachment (101.6 KB)

1 Like

Capable_-_Amplitude_PhirmEggplant_Tune.car (109.6 KB)
I didn’t want to change to much, everything is within the TMCC34 regulations.
I wanted to showcase your style with little improvements here and there.
I’ll upload pictures later, my kids woke up, but I wanted to be the first entry posted lol

my file is free us, if anyone wants to take it and clone it to make sure they’re faster that’s fine

Changed the grill colour to match, added spoiler instead of a lip on the front, and tweaked the ascetic.

Added rear vent to let trapped air out of cabin, moved exhaust, changed the lip “Spoiler” for a spoiler so it handles much better now, and a revision of lights.

Added a basic interior, changed and optimized the Fuel system, and fixed tyres to fit the class better.

1 Like

I’m assuming the redesign is meant to be introduced for the 1986 season, what with the donor car having a 1985 trim year.

Hopefully still in the spirit of things to re-imagine your work as a production model! I took inspiration from the Amplitude nameplate to add lines suggestion of music wave visualizers. I kept the general shapes of the elements of the front fascia and continued my theming in the back. I liked the way the marque and nameplate were off to the side on the rear, so I did that too. And of course the signature green is split into a very light and very dark tone. I guess the overall appearance isn’t too off the mark for 1986!

Hope you like my submission!

CRC_-VanZandt_Breda-_Capable_Amplitude_R2.car|attachment (130.7 KB)

5 Likes

Ask and you shall receive…

As I understood, the assignment is to redesign the car as if it was to enter the Triple Caution challenge.
I’ve read in the review that the design was the biggest flaw of it, so I figured you want to see what the community could’ve come up with.

Hope you like my interpretation of that. :v:
Here it is:
TMCC34_-Vento-_Capable_Amplitude_R2.car|attachment (129.5 KB)

PS: I’ve solely changed the looks of it, if you want the engineering to be redesigned, please let me know.

8 Likes

Looks almost BTCC with these rims and stance, its dope.

1 Like

True, lol

1 Like

Wow, a new rally challenge just opened up!! This will be the debut of the winning design!!

CAPABLE AMPLITUDE R3

Capable_-_Amplitude_R3.car (170.0 KB)

4 Likes

Challenge ends in 12 days!

1 Like

Can you please edit the main post to have it there as well? People may miss the deadline otherwise.

CAPABLE AMPLITUDE WRL

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Congrats to the winner @Djadania !!!

4 Likes