Car Poster Exporter: Graphic Design Input Required

At this point its just that the system required to produce a masked image would be a considerable amount of work to implement. The system can function without it, so its best to get other things working first.

3 Likes

So we got dynamic ttf loading working! Here is a more recent WIP layout featuring everyone’s favourite font :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

4b50597ae905305d3a171e45847e51c4

Much to my surprise I got masking and raytracing working! This opens the layout possibilities back up again.

9 Likes

Thought I’d give a custom layout a go, using one of the few recent cars I put more than 10 fixtures on:

Font used: Archivo (regular weight, bold, black) Archivo - Google Fonts
Font sizes: 180 px (year), 60 px (car name), 36 px (specifications), 24 px (description)

Technical notes:

• The colour of the background should be customizable, should it not sufficiently contrast with the car itself. The same applies to the text.
  • If needed, the Automation logo can be placed between the year and the front shot.
  • In case it wasn’t that obvious, the camera will need to be zoomed out for taller vehicles.
  • For the lower side shot, a “flat” front-quarter angle á la Gran Turismo 6 garage icons could be used as well.
  • The short description is meant to either be sourced from the car or input directly as plain text.
  • Checkbox options should be present that include or exclude the model trim and engine variant names (in the above example, both would be absent, the example being a bespoke race car with a bespoke engine).
  • Should some lines (such as the weirdly long chassis number of an Italian 60s race car, or a Japanese 90s warm hatch trim) encroach onto the front and rear shots, a narrow variant of the Archivo font can be used.
Grid

The elements are also arranged on a partial grid of halves and quarters, like so:

What's that car, and why is it horribly out of focus?

Sorry, I didn’t Gaussian blur the pictures of it for no reason. You should be able to get a clearer look at it in due time, though.

1 Like

Here is a layout nearing completion

And a gif of using the WIP poster UI:

P.S thanks @XenoYparxi for the primary inspiration for this layout.

6 Likes