Cheap and Angry [Realistic SC]

One farty to rule them all

Funny and weird, it seems like your building does not comply with the clearance rules?

In any case, whilst will be an only inspection.

check the suspension tab, it’s more than 140mm

i cant physically lower the car even further due to game limitations

Ah well in that case it is a discrepancy, I was meant the real 180 mm, not the game one. You can resend your car.

A magnificent car, with acceleration in 9.6 seconds, it goes for the price $5160.
BTW, with my favorite purple color.

Therefore, You should take a measurement by using your eye. Because the game ruler, as it seemed to me, is a little longer than it should be.

so wouldnt that be the suspension ride heights?

Apparently not. Maybe it was transferred from inches to millimeters, in the opposite direction.

i have no idea what your trying to say, but the original rules didnt say it’s measured with a ruler, so I just make the ride height what you said it should be, which is above 140mm, so I dont think my car is illegal under the rules.

1 Like

248 - 90.5
274 - 100
Clearance exaggerated by 9.5% relative to the body
and 204 mm relative to the exhaust pipe
That is, 74.45% relative to the number indicated as clearance.

As for your case, body kits interfere with you, you can use advanced tuning modes.

If you want to make a track car, it’s your bussiness - however, as I said, this is a realistic challenge, and I will not take the numbers, indicated as clearance, I will mean the real height of the body.

So far your car has 52 mm or 2.05 inches.

According to my measurements, there is no error in the ruler, so use it to your health.

Dear people,

As some of you may know, I am the best car designer and engineer here at the forums. I am also very humble person. Today, however, my geniosity has peaked. I would like introduce you to the brand new, 2022, Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0

This got into a rather long post so I'll hide it here.

Now, this car is simply genius. It combines the best parts of many successful car segments. The rear suicide doors give extra practicality and very nice luxurious feeling. The colors have been carefully chosen to appeal teenage girls. The plastic side skirts give the car aggressive and offroad-y look.

The design you see here, was inspired by 1950s American roadcruisers. The lights are distinctive feature of the car. Every time you see one of these driving in front of you, you immediately think, “Ah, it’s the 2022 Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0, what a beautiful piece of engineering.”

The rear round window gives you extra visibility, and makes it feel like you’re on a sailboat. And we kept the sailboat feeling in mind, when designing the suspension. It gives the car spft comfort and firm road feeling.

Now, when you put your 2022 Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0 up on pallets and look at the underside of the glorious machine, you can see that the engine is indeed in the back.

Now, you might ask, “Hilbert, why is the engine in the back?” And I must say, that is a question.

Like I said earlier, this is a car for everyone. And I mean, everyone. So, for people who are looking at something sportier and more fun to drive than your average crossover-hatchback / every teenage girls wet dream, this is the answer. The rear wheel drive give the car great off-the-line acceleration. This is coupled to a smooth, yet firm 4-speed manual transmission.

And the engine itself, ah, the engine. The engine is simply magnificent! The beautifully designed inline 3 saves space, and the small, yet luxurious size of 1.2 liters gives you joyful driving experience.

The timeless design will travel through the landscape with pride and the sense of American FREEDOM! The Japanese front end appeals to those looking for a JDM car, and the rear. Oh, the rear, how beautiful it is. Our statistics show, that boomers do like the rear design of the 2022 Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0.

The interior is made of the finest, yet cheapest possible grey plastic. The pink seats give the interior a bigger feeling. This is a very manly car despite the pink interior. It’s made to stand out from the crowd. Be your own boss! Control your own car! You’re the driver of this train! People will TURN THEIR HEADS and LOOK AT YOU!! YOU, in your 2022 Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0. There’s nothing more manly than this. Your aggressive hood scoop tells everyone else, that you’re driving a serious, rear engined car. A propert sleeper beast! A car like James Bond, gentleman who isn’t afraid of death.

Be your own boss, buy your own Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0 today.

The End.

10 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t think it was possible! Even taillights! This is an absolute hit on the bull’s-eye! Although I didn’t specify it. I especially liked the color.
I never thought that Automation could create such a glow!
One of my favorite colors is pink.
Indeed, the eternal car.
it goes for the price $4,720.

1 Like

finally, Lean Farty

2 Likes

Radioactive Lean is my Favourite, so I put some of that on my beloved farty

spicy lean?!

2 Likes

2022^ Vizok Svoboda 1500G Flot
(^2020 shown)

An adequate economic performance for the adequate man. Very small footprint. 4.3l/100km.

Now with 100% more pink

2 Likes

The Cheap and Angry challenge has been officially completed and the results are as follows:

1. Hilbert - Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0
  2. Ludvig - Vizok Svoboda 1500G Flot
  3. T0M - Farty Of All Farty, Demon Lord Of The Square Table.

So, I summed up the results and selected the car I liked the most.
As you already understood, price was the key parameter in our experiment.
New price table:

1. $4360 Lobster Motors CROSSOHATCHO 2.0 (Hillbert)
  2. $5160 Farty of All Farty, Demon Lord Of The Square Table (T0M)
  3. $5220 ViZOK Svoboda 1500 G FLOT (Ludvig)

The price will be decisive meaning when buying.

$ 4360 – 261 600 Р.

$ 5160 – 309 600 Р.

$ 5220 – 313 200 Р.

With a salary of 20,000 rubles, the accumulation time will be (months):

Now let’s deal with the rest of the parameters:
Appearance:
It’s very controversial, it’s hard for me to choose between Lobster and ViZOK Svoboda, but still, Hillbert gets the victory in this nomination.

Other configuration settings:
In terms of fuel consumption, It is monosemantic Ludvig victory –
(4.32 Liters/54.45 mpg) for Svoboda,
(4.42/53.32 mpg) for Lobster, (6.27/37.52 mpg) for Conqueror Of All Realms.

Points for anti-repair points:

79.3 SVOBODA,
70.8 Lobster
59.8 Car of All Cars

Acceleration

Farty of All Farty 8.9 second (14,4 second in Beam)

Lobster 10.9 second (13.8 second in Beam)
Vizok Svoboda 13.6 second (18.55 in Beam)

It turns out that Svoboda becomes the worst in this nomination, in terms of acceleration time it is comparable to Niva Travel - 19 seconds, which I do not want to buy due to low dynamics.
Farty turned out to be a very bad and unsuccessful build. It can’t accelerate at low revs, nevertheless, the limiter here is set to 10,000>rpm, which means you constantly have to press the pedal to the maximum, making loud and scary sounds, which is very noisy for the city, and at low speed it’s generally a mockery, especially when parking, because the modulation on the gas pedal is very difficult to control, which, combined with a crackling exhaust, turns into torture.

General remarks:

None of the cars exceeded the allowable length of 4300 mm, but no one paid attention to the glass transparency of 75% and the strict clearance requirement - 25 cm - Lobster, and about 28 cm - Svoboda. Which is definitely a minus, because I was expecting a more or less sport car.
I can also praise for the choice of quite high bodyworks - the total height is at the level of 1 meter 32 - 36 cm. This will allow normally to place high passengers, under 21st century standards - 180 cm, however, I did not take measurements on the knee space, and only Ludvig made it clear that small cars can also be quite roomy.
Also, nobody has installed passive safety funds - reinforcing the carcass with pipes.

Points for Safety:

31.3 Lobster
34.9 Vizok Svoboda
0 Demon Lord Of The Square Table.

Separately, T0M lost in this nomination, because his car after a collision does not provide any kind of safety at all, in crash tests with a wall and a Ford F-150 Raptor accidentally flying into the oncoming lane.

Interior volume win:

2280 Liters – Lobster - makes you think about insufficient knee room, but it is quite problematic to check this.

3460 liters – Svoboda - Absolute Winner
2820 liters – Emperor of All Realms

Verdict: It’s not hard to guess that I liked Lobster by Hillbert the most.

Overall assessment (dossier):
Lobster

Precise design decisions:
:green_heart:Choosing the right headlights and overall body shape. I especially liked the bulging rear running lights, which, combined with the front LED headlights, makes for a great combination.
:heart:Beautiful, old-fashioned opening doors - very unusual, I liked it.
:purple_heart:Correct coloration. Pink. It does not affect the overall rating, but nevertheless hitting the mark. It can be imagined as a taxi or some other delivery service.
:blue_heart:Excellent acceleration is provided by rear-wheel drive. Despite the higher power figure of 79 horsepower, the unknown to anyone 111 Nm of torque allows the car to accelerate in a mere 10.9 seconds, which is an absolute victory.
:orange_heart:Sports-comfortable suspension and ideal rolls - 6.3 degrees.

Misses:

Lack of electric power steering and ECM - Wheel slip control would save another $180. That is, it was enough just to install TC and ABS. The final price would have decreased to $4180 - 250 kR.

High suspension - you have need used advanced trim settings.

A quite high carrying capacity of 744 kg (744 - 320 kg for four people = 424 kg of additional cargo) - perhaps this car is still harsh.
But keep in mind that a full load leads to full compression of the springs.

I would set the load capacity to [511 kg or less).

The transparency of the glasses is set to 30 instead of 75, but this is even better. That’s exactly what I assumed.

Demon Lord Of The Square Table

Notes:

Good acceleration - 8.9 seconds - but only in Automation.

Misses:

:boom:A large number of splitters, which in fact will also balk on the price.

:angry:Overly sporty suspension and low body roll distance the Farty from the title of the most urban car. What is the cargo weight - 858 kg.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:Too high an octane number - 200 RON finally eliminates this car from the list of city cars.
:smiling_imp:Long gears completely kill this car and add hell to the handling.

:star:Despite the fact that the Power of rotation of the drive shaft almost does not change throughout the revolutions in BeamNG, such a motor shows disastrous results. Therefore, if you do not take into account this game, then I would say that everything is fine.

VIZOK Svoboda

An Variant that would win if looked like this and…

The Answer Is

If the car looked like the screenshot submitted and had a stiffer suspension, then Ludwig would have won.

Highlights:

:star:Superb acceleration - 13.4 seconds
:star:Winner in the nomination “small spacious carriage”.
:star:Perfect rim design and good coloring.
:star:Excellent view of the mirrors
:star:Huge trunk.
Other than that, it’s a perfect urban vehicle, and if it wasn’t for some missteps, it would have taken the lead in the Cheap and Angry (Realistic Scattered Challenge).

Misses:

Too high body roll - 9.9 degrees and high clearance to match the tank - 30 cm (26 cm on the chassis) does not allow Svoboda to come closer to victory.
Suspension incline towards chassis track properties - restriction condition not passed.
Low load capacity of 296 kg - even 4 people will not be able to fit without a full load.
BeamNG shows a terrible acceleration of 18.55 seconds, but since this is a realistic challenge, I will ignore Beam’s instructions, and make a decision that this restriction has been passed.

So, this experiment showed that it is pretty possible to create an extra-budgetary, normal and at the same time cool car, and I would love to buy them if they existed in life.
The task of this challenge was completed, and it showed that it is quite possible to assemble a good car if you try very hard. And such ultra-budget cars are produced - for example, in India and China, but they are not sold everywhere, but they would definitely be in demand, which I see as injustice and non thoughtfulness.

Post Scriptum:

It is one thing to buy a Niva Travel with a price of $18,300 or a LADA XRay Cross $23,300 or even a Largus $26,700, while there is exists a Mercedes-Benz A class A220 4MATIC, with many customizable options and a price of up to $49,713 - 2,982,780 R.

Motor - 188 hp and all 300 nm with a mass of 1540 kg.

Final Review in the Beam:
1 Like

If the car looked like the screenshot submitted and had a stiffer suspension

Out of curiosity I had a look at the numbers on my end; 6,9% roll, and 414kg capacity, not saying that’s very good either. I assume your numbers are from BeamNG, and well it is very tall and narrow.
(Looks-wise, the rear bumper resets the morph everytime, and you got an extra rear wiper…)
Congrats to @Hilbert and his fabulous Lobster in this peculiar challenge

2 Likes

I did not evaluate your car before update, at the moment all is as I described.

Nevertheless, you unlikely have been corrected the clearance, and this is also very important. I was looking for a purely sports city car without any off -road ambitions. Therefore, taking into account the restrictions described, this is only 2nd place.

Thank you all for participation.

1 Like