Cherry’s 2008 Chrysler Pacifica

I suppose that I drive this enough that I can start sharing it here on the forums. It isn’t really mine, I don’t pay insurance on it, but I drive it the most by far and I put gas in it. So here it is, the car that I consider my very first!

It’s a 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Touring. This is one of the two refreshed model years for the Pacifica, the first year being ‘07. That means that because it isn’t a base model, you get a 4.0L SOHC V6 making 255 #hrsprs and 265 torques. It also has a 6-speed automatic transmission.

While not the smoothest shifting trans or the silkiest engine, is ropes in decent highway gas mileage and is very quick for a 2.2 ton car. The engine loves to rev, and does so quickly. And it makes a great noise too ;))

And despite being a Chrysler, it’s been very good to us. We bought it used for my mother (who just drives her work truck) with a little over 70k miles. Zero rust whatsoever (which is a good thing for the poor front subframe) but the body is starting to bubble a bit. And though it’s only a 2008, she’s showing her age. But this is how we found it, from an old couple in Virginia. They didn’t really take care of it too well, it’s not very clean and there’s tons of dings and scratches.

But the engine still purrs and ticks with a clean bill of health and the transmission is still shifting just fine, if not rough from first through third, but that’s just the way it is. I like it, and I suppose if y’all want, I can keep updating this threat about it with milestones and breakdowns :))

15 Likes

Chrysler gets a worse rep than they deserve. My family has owned several with no major issues.

2 Likes

Agreed!! I believe now that my family/immediate family have owned a total of 8 Chrysler vehicles (4 vans, 2 jeeps, a 300m, the pacifica) and there have been nearly zero major issues. The only things I can recall:

• 1999 (first year) 300M with weird chrome rims peeling and causing tire pressure leaks.
  • 1996 Grand Caravan borked its transmission at 140k miles because it was old, very worn in (my single mother, brother and I at the time) and trans was never really flushed
  • 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hemi never used the MDS, and needed a starter once. That’s literally it.
  • 2010 Town & Country blew its cooling system (not a common issue) and needed a starter.
  • 2008 Pacifica starting to have the same tire problems as the 300m

And of course regular mainanence. Apart from that, and wear and tear at a larger rate than expected, all of these vehicles have been used daily for their lifespan. Most likely near 1,000,000 miles total, and when you consider it, that isn’t so bad.

Sorry for long post, here’s a photo I just took, just wanted to share some of my experience :))

1 Like

Not the Pacifica, but her younger sister.

Town & Country is getting detailed today, on the way to getting sold. :((