Chronos Designs - Oskiinus can develop random designs!

but this one is even more quiet
something like 28 loudness

Dual exhaust and twin reverse flow mufflers?

hell yeah

another day, another car, another 2 weeks left to rot and another preparation to Duesenberg campaign.

there we go,

2017 Chronos Azula
Initially this was the first attempt to break 1 minute laptime on TG track. Actually TA version, which was specially prepared for it couldnā€™t come close to this record, so there was different target set - Gryphon Gear Sleipnir mule, which made a time of 1:02.10 on TG Power Lap. And Azula TA did not beat this time, however itā€™s pretty damn close. I had only one target it mind: laptime, so I took care only about that. I made also an Azula Stradale, which is actually de-tuned Azula TA for road use.

First car: Azula Stradale
Second car: Azula TA

This was my name reference btw

4 Likes

Youā€™re doing something wrong I think, thereā€™s more speed to be had from that car.

If we compare it to Eau Rouge R1, then yours has 30 less safety (weight), 1 less liter in the engine (weight again), 135 extra HP, is 40+k more expensive to make (quality used), uses about 1700 more units to produce (also quality points, meaning again - more speed and efficiency). Itā€™s actually faster in a straight line AND ON BRAKING, generates higher G on small circle, has an aerodynamic efficiency better than mine by 0.5 sqM, Andā€¦ itā€™s almost a whole second slower on Dunsfold. Something is VERY wrong with the build mate, I think you should revisit it and search for t he mistake, it should be much quicker.

1 Like

Now come on :smile: Not everyoneā€™s as fast as you

2 Likes

Using smaller wheels and changing to a 5 speed would probably help, but there may be other non-laptime reasons for keeping it this way.

@squidhead Thanks for advices mate! Iā€™m actually happy with what I have, so I guess Iā€™ll stay like that, plus I donā€™t want to get more lua errors with tyresblewup and shit. Keep in mind that usually I donā€™t build record breaking cars, however I want to make something quicker than this with another body.
@Deskyx right
@strop I tried 5 speed during development. Acceleration was horrific from 250 km/h no matter what setup Iā€™ve used (turbolag)

yeah all itā€™s good for is possibly the lap time. For all other intents and purposes it isnā€™t ideal (sort of what I vaguely referenced earlier).

Yeah, I tried to get the best lap time - only this was considered when developing.

Oh, and noone yet was bitching about spoilerā€™s size :smiley:

The thing is Oskiinusā€™ car must be faster, since itā€™s better in every measurable standard, which is exactly why im disappointed. I do not think this car is anywhere near itā€™s top potential in terms of lap times, and thatā€™s the only reason it was created in the first place.

@squidhead Are you trying to force me to go below 1:02?

Yes, go for it. And while youā€™re at it, go 6:15 on the ring. The car is fast enough, everything is there, it just does not use itā€™s potential for some reason, and I got no clue why without looking at the export file. I am pretty sure you can handle it though.

Well, letā€™s see. My initial goal was 59 seconds on TG track, but Iā€™m kind of surprised that this car has potential to push me into pantheon of creators of most hardcore cars in Automation :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m telling you, Iā€™ve compared all stats last night, your car on every measure is either on par or faster than mine, i do pretty much 1:02.13 on dunsfold running 1200hp and weighing more than yours. P.S: Iā€™m sure thereā€™s weight to be saved from your car, so look into that too

Actually I canā€™t cut any quality from the chassis, but I can try 5-speed box again, that would save some kilos :smiley: Wheels are also big, that may be a concerm

Extra weight is found in exhaust systems, auxilary crap thatā€™s not required for speed like VVT and VVL, wheel sizes, interior quality, brakes etc etc etc.

I can cut VVT eventually

2017 Chronos Macactanne

Basicly a lovechild of downscaled Cayenne body (Macan-esque size), C4 Cactus and Porsche 911. Iā€™m not posting stats because this car was just left unfinished in this matter. It was planned for Car Shopping Round.

6 Likes

1987 Chronos IF94-7

Another unused design meant to be in CSR. Not publishing stats - all I can tell you that it has like 6.5 seconds to 100 time and inline 6 engine.

4 Likes