Chrysalis Motors

Chrysalis 280ZXR

Chrysalis Goblin

3 Likes

I like the first one. Gives me good memories of good old late 80s, early 90s cars!

Thanks! I’ve tried to make the front end to look like a retro model based on the 1979 Nissan 280ZX.

**Chrysalis Impaler **(heavily inspired by the 1959 Chevrolet Impala :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first Chrysalis model after WW2 was the Bavaria, a nice touring sedan with a 3.5 liter six.

2 Likes

In 1963 Chrysalis launched the Typhoon. It was an attempt to compete with the sporty compact sedans of the era.

2 Likes

Nice designs around here!

Thank you! I really enjoy designing pre-1980 cars. Classic cars are much closer to my heart than modern ones. :slight_smile:

Here is the top-of-the-line Chrysalis of the 1959 model year: the luxorious Coronado with a 7.0 liter V8:

3 Likes

The Siesta was an economic compact for the '70s. It has an all-aluminium 1200cc four-cylinder engine - driving the rear wheels through a simple four speed transmission.

2 Likes

The 1.6 Rally was the sporty version of the Siesta. It’s all-new 1.6 liter DOHC engine produced almost 100bhp - and surprisingly enough had a lower fuel-consumption than the 1200cc SOHC of the base model. With its low weight, strong and reliable engine the Siesta 1.6 Rally made some success on the international rally tracks in the late 1970s. It’s still popular amongst drifters and car tuners.

1 Like

The Coronado looks great! Except the rear doesn’t seem to stay in theme with the rest of the car.

Thanks! Well, maybe the 1960 Coronado will have a more cleaner and harmonic design than the '59. :slight_smile:

The 1974 Chrysalis Coronado - the car of the American families for the 1970s. Comfortable, fullsize body with room for five, strong safety bumpers (meeting the new 1974 safety standards), power steering, and AM/FM radio even in the base model. Big 6.2L V8 with enough torque to tow a boat, but economical for its size and power. Take a testdrive today at your local Chrysalis dealer, and enjoy the soft, silent ride of the new 1974 Coronado!

3 Likes

No fucking way.
I just made a car using the same body that looks almost identical. By any chance were you taking inspiration from any particular real life car?

Yes, the rear is inspired by the 1974 Impala the front is loosely based on the 1975 Cadillac. This body-shape just screamed for a mid '70s GM look-alike design.

The 1975 Chrysalis Mirage 2200GLS: the economical personal sport coupé for the '70s:

1 Like

The 1975 Chrysalis Mirage 1600GL is a the entry form of the new Mirage series. Economical for commuting and carrying your family but its not boring to drive with its 99HP 1.6 liter engine.

1 Like

Good designs here. Kudos :wink:

Thanks! With the quality mods coming to Automation now it’s really fun to make cars. Here is a recent creation:

The 1980 Chrysalis Medici - our design goal was to combine the exotic look and sportiness of a European premium sedan with the solidity and comfort of the traditional American car.

Standard equipment of every Medici modell:
-4.6L Economic V8 (186HP)
-4spd automatic transmission
-hidden headlights and three-colored Euro-style taillights
-power steering and power
-power windows
-heated and electrically adjustable wing mirrors
-stereo radio with cassette player
-Digital instrument panel

2 Likes